After 2 weeks, Coleman has better win rate/ separation than Worthy and others

DJB

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ta. And is their ranking by ASS out there anywhere? Or just the win % stat.

Look at the post above that one.  It shows their top 12. I got that from twitter.  Have to pay to see the stats otherwise.  Not quite sure how they are converting +- whole numbers into decimals but... thats what they showed.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I completely get how we want to analyze and use metrics for understanding and to get a feel of how we drafted ... if we were right... that KC didnt bamboozle us... I get it... But I am just in the looked good week 1... got nothing week 2... long season... rookie figuring this out... lets see... I dont think we have any idea what this turns out to be... quite honestly I havent even seen him used in the capacity i really felt like they got him for which was a big presence in the end zone to get 50/50 balls and corner routes... he turns into that separation wont mean anything... no one really gets separation deep in the red zone... you just get open or you jump higher than the other guy. 

10 minutes ago, JP51 said:

I completely get how we want to analyze and use metrics for understanding and to get a feel of how we drafted ... if we were right... that KC didnt bamboozle us... I get it... But I am just in the looked good week 1... got nothing week 2... long season... rookie figuring this out... lets see... I dont think we have any idea what this turns out to be... quite honestly I havent even seen him used in the capacity i really felt like they got him for which was a big presence in the end zone to get 50/50 balls and corner routes... he turns into that separation wont mean anything... no one really gets separation deep in the red zone... you just get open or you jump higher than the other guy. 

Yeah, thing for me is that its cool to look at, but right now I think doesnt have much meaning. Different offenses. Different defenses faced. Only week 2. Guys were drafted for different reasons. KC wanted speed. Bills wanted a big contested catch guy.  At least my assumption. We dont know if they just drafted who they thought was best. I think they drafted who they thought was best that would fit what they want out of a receiver. A lot of reasons why one receiver might be better or worse.  This stat at least is a stat that charts every route and not just when the ball is thrown, so it takes a little bit out of the equation and puts it on the receiver.

Also, I am careful who I trust with these stats because in some part they are subjective due to being judged by eyeballs.  For instance, GunnerBill doesnt think Coleman got open all that much. I trust his eyeballs.  I dont know this website and it looks to be fantasy football related. Its the first I have heard of them. Doesnt mean they are wrong in their charting. I just dont know.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Yeah, thing for me is that its cool to look at, but right now I think doesnt have much meaning. Different offenses. Only week 2. Guys were drafted for different reasons. KC wanted speed. Bills wanted a big contested catch guy.  At least my assumption. We dont know if they just drafted who they thought was best. I think they drafted who they thought was best that would fit what they want out of a receiver. A lot of reasons why one receiver might be better or worse.  This stat at least is a stat that charts every route and not just when the ball is thrown, so it takes a little bit out of the equation and puts it on the receiver.

Also, I am careful who I trust with these stats because in some part they are subjective due to being judged by eyeballs.  For instance, GunnerBill doesnt think Coleman got open all that much. I trust his eyeballs.  I dont this website and it looks to be fantasy football related.  Doesnt mean they are wrong in their charting. I just dont know.

Totally agree... and look not an AI or a stats freak not gonna lie... but I think they are useful for sure... I am just in the to soon camp. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Look at the post above that one.  It shows their top 12. I got that from twitter.  Have to pay to see the stats otherwise.  Not quite sure how they are converting +- whole numbers into decimals but... thats what they showed.

I imagine it is the sum of all the +- divided by # of routes run 

• Thank you (+1) 1