31 of 42 for 371 yards - who would have thought? Is this Josh Allen? - Thank goodness, yes.

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Not trying to read anything into the situation. My initiation of the thread was simply to say, “nice change” because Josh does not have to try to carry or will the team to victory.  If the Bills are going to get over the hump the full roster will need to contribute positively.

It’s nice to see in a small sample that they have.  Let’s hope this continues.

Bill, I’m not reading into it or saying anything even remotely negative at all.  Please know that one.  I’m just simply happy we are using all our tools in the belt and I don’t care how we win, as long as we win.

I thought your intentions were well founded.  I apologize if I was misunderstood in my comment.  I like when we pass heavy or use Super Allen when needed, and when we run the heck out if it when the matchup warrants it.

To me as former player and coach, is football and an excellent coach uses what we has available to him.

BTW- that’s why I think McD gets too much criticism.  People seem to have amnesia about what it was like for the 17 year drought.  That was misery.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

I hear ya, 
What we have here a bunch of proponents of the “mad bomber” offense, even when it has been pretty much proven at this point that that concept won’t win us a championship, it’s amazing that this group of supposed football knowledge posters want what is effectively a one dimensional offense, that the best teams know how to counter, oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink…,  

GO BILLS!!!

Probably the same group who said Josh had a cannon so run everyone deep and let him heave it out there! They seemingly forgot that he’s woefully inaccurate with that same strong arm. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

BTW- that’s why I think McD gets too much criticism.  People seem to have amnesia about what it was like for the 17 year drought.  That was misery.

I think draught caused CTE for some beating their heads against wall but we will need to wait for autopsies to know for sure.

51 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Probably the same group who said Josh had a cannon so run everyone deep and let him heave it out there! They seemingly forgot that he’s woefully inaccurate with that same strong arm. 

They love them some low success percentage passes, and the thing is that it’s low success percentage for every QB…, 

22 hours ago, BigDingus said:

AND significantly less turnovers than other MVP contending QBs.

That being said, I don't think 70% completion percentage & a passer rating of 105+ are something Josh will maintain throughout the season.

2020 was the only year he finished with an above 100 passer rating, just as 2020 was the only time he was close to 70% completions (69.2%).

I predict if he could finish right at 100 rating with 67% completions + 4,500 total yards & 40 total TDs, he should be the MVP favorite, unless someone else really takes over with crazy numbers & efficiency (again, like 2020 with Aaron Rodgers).

Then again, win total has become a big theme lately, so if the Bills don't finish number 1 or 2 in the AFC, it may not matter anyway.

If he is at or just under 4,000 passing yards I do expect his completion percentage and passer rating to be right around the highest of his career. Lower volume tends to equal greater efficiency. I think a 105 -110 passer rating is well within range if he is supported by a ground game other than himself.