31 of 42 for 371 yards - who would have thought? Is this Josh Allen? - Thank goodness, yes.

BuffaloBill

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

First of all passing is down league wide. Qbs like Mayfield & Carr cannot keep this pace. Josh simply has to keep doing what he's done these first 2 games. Let Brady dial up Cook and spread the wealth among several receivers. 4000 yards/ 70% and a qb rating around 105 will probably get you an MVP.  And God knows he's long overdue. 

Both Carr and Mayfield were poorly / under utilized by teams so I expect them to do better there than before. 

Glad Carr went to a NFC team.  Good that there is competition for other NFC teams.

Edited by Punching Bag
Corrected.

First of all passing is down league wide. Qbs like Mayfield & Carr cannot keep this pace. Josh simply has to keep doing what he's done these first 2 games. Let Brady dial up Cook and spread the wealth among several receivers. 4000 yards/ 70% and a qb rating around 105 will probably get you an MVP.  And God knows he's long overdue. 

It. 

Is.

Just.

This.

Simple.

AND significantly less turnovers than other MVP contending QBs.

That being said, I don't think 70% completion percentage & a passer rating of 105+ are something Josh will maintain throughout the season.

2020 was the only year he finished with an above 100 passer rating, just as 2020 was the only time he was close to 70% completions (69.2%).

I predict if he could finish right at 100 rating with 67% completions + 4,500 total yards & 40 total TDs, he should be the MVP favorite, unless someone else really takes over with crazy numbers & efficiency (again, like 2020 with Aaron Rodgers).

Then again, win total has become a big theme lately, so if the Bills don't finish number 1 or 2 in the AFC, it may not matter anyway.

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Before the season started almost everyone predicted that the Bills would be a far more balanced offense this year, now it’s a shock? Really? 

It was more lamenting that they'd be a more balanced offense, i.e. they're going to be running too much.

I liked the fact that Allen was 13 of 19 for 139 yards and 1 TD. The Bills still won by 21. Defense was great with the INT's highlighted by the pick 6. Cook was great with the 2 rushing TD's including a 49-yarder to the house. Allen made some nice throws when he had to, but he didn't have to do much, and the Bills still enjoyed a blowout win. That is a great thing. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Before the season started almost everyone predicted that the Bills would be a far more balanced offense this year, now it’s a shock? Really? 

I hear ya, 
What we have here a bunch of proponents of the “mad bomber” offense, even when it has been pretty much proven at this point that that concept won’t win us a championship, it’s amazing that this group of supposed football knowledge posters want what is effectively a one dimensional offense, that the best teams know how to counter, oh well, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink…,  

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, julian said:

I do believe he’s going to have a couple seasons where he’s 40+TDs and single digit INTs… let’s hope this is one of them.

I do too. 

I've said it a few times, this is the year of Josh Allen. I really believe that

11 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

And josh never passes up a tail

Neither would I. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bottom line is it’s game plan specific.  No one complained mid season when we ran all over Dallas.  You do what works.

some on the board try and read too much into small sample sizes.  I’m in the wait and see mode.  I trust we’ll be fine.  We have good ownership, good management, and good coaching with a maybe HOF QB in the making if he lasts and I truly hope and pray he lasts another 13 years.

After 35, I’m happy for a non to almost no running Josh as he’s such a game manager he doesn’t need it, and just uses his head.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bottom line is it’s game plan specific.  No one complained mid season when we ran all over Dallas.  You do what works.

some on the board try and read too much into small sample sizes.  I’m in the wait and see mode.  I trust we’ll be fine.  We have good ownership, good management, and good coaching with a maybe HOF QB in the making if he lasts and I truly hope and pray he lasts another 13 years.

After 35, I’m happy for a non to almost no running Josh as he’s such a game manager he doesn’t need it, and just uses his head.

Not trying to read anything into the situation. My initiation of the thread was simply to say, “nice change” because Josh does not have to try to carry or will the team to victory.  If the Bills are going to get over the hump the full roster will need to contribute positively.

It’s nice to see in a small sample that they have.  Let’s hope this continues.