Are the Ravens in trouble? Baltimore at Dallas a huge game for both teams this week...

eball

The death of the oline coach seems to be really effecting Balt right now, but Dallas is horrible against the run. This is the perfect get right game for the Ravens, but either them or Cincy will have their 3rd loss by week 5. Maybe even 4 losses for Balt, if we beat them. If we continue to handle our business, things are shaping up well for us.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, zow2 said:

I think Baltimore is going to win this game. Not by much. But it seems more likely that both teams would be a disappointing 1-2 after three weeks rather than the Ravens 0-3.

i can’t see that. Dallas doesn’t seem to have much home field advantage.  Opponents love playing there.

The Cowboys had won 16 straight regular season games at home until last week....

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

The Cowboys had won 16 straight regular season games at home until last week....

NO has been very impressive scoring 91 points in two weeks and giving up only 29. Although one of those wins was against CAR who might be the worst team in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, DrBob806 said:

Okay okay, I should have said lately, as in their last two home games when they've been boat raced by a gazillion points.  It's the start of regression to the mean.

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Cowboys off a blowout loss and Baltimore off a choke job.  Great game.  I could see either team getting blown out or it being a defensive struggle.  Cowboys wins really puts Baltimore in a blender. Same can be said for Dallas.

Not really with the Cowboys. They would be 1-2. The Eagles and Commanders are 1-1 and the Giants are 0-2. Worst case for Dallas is they are 1-2 and a game back in the NFCE with 14 games to play.

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Not really with the Cowboys. They would be 1-2. The Eagles and Commanders are 1-1 and the Giants are 0-2. Worst case for Dallas is they are 1-2 and a game back in the NFCE with 14 games to play.

Super bowl expectations and getting blown out 2 weeks in a row will sit fine with Jerry. 

21 hours ago, eball said:

Losing a last second game at KC isn't unexpected, but the Sunday implosion at home vs. the Raiders is.  Now they go to Dallas to face an embarrassed Cowboy squad looking to get back on track, then it's home vs. Buffalo followed by a trip to Cinci.

It is not unthinkable they they could be 0-5 in three weeks.

And if Dallas loses this week, that's two in a row at home in a "win or bust" season in which both CeeDee and Dak just got paid.

Thoughts?

Interesting matchup for sure.

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They want to play Flowers wide because they have nobody else. But he is waaay more effective from the slot (no shock there) and it means teams are defending them narrow and cramping the middle of the field. It's kinda the worry I have had about the Bills offense but demonstrating itself in Baltimore. Right now I'd take the Bills receivers over the Ravens and that is a swap from where I was pre-season.

Another big difference is that our QB makes his receivers better while the Ravens QB doesn't.

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Over the past three seasons since the expansion to a 17-game schedule, 21 teams have opened the season 0-2. Only two have eventually made the playoffs. In 2023, nine teams started the season 0-2 and the Houston Texans were the only team to make the playoffs. They finished 10-7 and won the AFC South. The year prior, five teams started 0-2 and only the Cincinnati Bengals made the playoffs. They finished 12-4 and won the AFC North. In 2021, seven teams started the season 0-2 and none of them made the playoffs.

In 2020, when the league expanded to a 14-team playoff field, 11 teams started with an 0-2 record and none of those teams made the playoffs.

Prior to 2020, the NFL adopted a 12-team playoff format in 1990. Between 1990 and 2019, 12% of teams that started 0-2 reached the playoffs.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/24245523/0-2-start-nfl-playoffs-how-likely-history-last-season

Mr Info... is that you?

20 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Over the last five years the Ravens have 10 losses where they held a 7+ point lead in the 4th quarter, the most of any NFL team in that timeframe. Letting a bad Raiders team win in that fashion is just embarrassing honestly.

Performances like these are why Josh can't win the MVP. He's gotta correct this deficiency.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Super bowl expectations and getting blown out 2 weeks in a row will sit fine with Jerry. 

No, it won't. McCarthy doesn't have a contract for next year, so he is on the hot seat. But if they are 1-2 and a game back in the division that is still no time to panic. Baltimore at 0-3 would be in trouble in the tough AFC.

This is a perfect game for the Ravens to get their run game going. If they have a younger shiftier RB, they should lead with that to tire out the defense then put Henry in later in the game to punish them. It's hard for me to imagine Dallas winning this one, but Henry does not have a quick 1st step. If Dallas is able to blow up plays in the backfield, that just might happen. I think the Ravens are learning that they cannot just line up and punish teams with Henry like they hoped and I think they will have a plan against the Cowboys.

31 minutes ago, Gregg said:

No, it won't. McCarthy doesn't have a contract for next year, so he is on the hot seat. But if they are 1-2 and a game back in the division that is still no time to panic. Baltimore at 0-3 would be in trouble in the tough AFC.

I was being sarcastic. Jerry blows a fuse if they get blown out.  Game is a must watch on Sunday imo.  More AFC teams lose the better.  I think Baltimore has lost too much on the oline over the years.  RT looks like a problem. Same for guard.  Is anyone scared of their run game?  Jackson cant run it 15 plus times a game and make it to January. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

I was being sarcastic. Jerry blows a fuse if they get blown out.  Game is a must watch on Sunday imo.  More AFC teams lose the better.  I think Baltimore has lost too much on the oline over the years.  RT looks like a problem. Same for guard.  Is anyone scared of their run game?  Jackson cant run it 15 plus times a game and make it to January. 

I remember when they got blown out in the playoff game last year vs GB. I thought McCarthy was sure to be fired as Jerry was pissed and rightfully so. McCarthy won't survive a disappointing season this year. I could see Bill as the next HC of the Cowboys if they move from McCarthy.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

Okay okay, I should have said lately, as in their last two home games when they've been boat raced by a gazillion points.  It's the start of regression to the mean.

Fair enough.

I understand Dallas fatigue, but if your favorite team(s) are in the AFC, it's ok to root for the Cowboys vs the Ratbirds. 

On 9/17/2024 at 1:08 PM, SCBills said:

Bills, Ravens and Dolphins all lost a lot this past off-season, but we were the ones who seemed to have been singled out.  

And in fairness, our names were the biggest.  Diggs, Davis, Morse, Hyde, Poyer, Tre etc..

But the Dolphins and Ravens decided to neglect the trenches to focus elsewhere.

Buffalo had a plan for the OL.  They wanted McGovern at C, they wanted to get Edwards onto the field at LG.  They invested a recent high pick at RG.  They paid their two starting tackles.  On the DL, we had question marks, but it does look like Rousseau is making the jump and it does look like Von is back.  In two games, we have won the trenches.  And in two games the succession plan and depth has proven to be legit. 

Same can't be said for Baltimore and Miami.. and people are now just starting to realize that both teams lost a lot and unlike the Bills FO, didn't have a plan to address those losses. 

Now, please beat Jax so we don't look like idiots for showering our staff/front office with compliments.  

The Dolphins' neglect of the OL is really puzzling because, concussions aside, Tua has never been a particularly durable and mobile QB.   The Fins passing game depends up timing.   It seems that protecting Tua from getting hit and not having his rhythm disrupted by pass rushers in his face ought to be a primary consideration.   Instead they gave their extra $$ to Odell Beckham who isn't even ready to play yet.  Maybe they figure that if they have enough weapons, defenders are going to be too afraid to pressure their QB.

23 hours ago, Simon said:

I developed a mancrush on Gardner Minshew during the 4th qrtr of that game on Sunday :blush:

Maybe Minshew Mania 2.0 is in the offing.

22 hours ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Pats.  I hope the Jets go 1-16.

^^^

4 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

No, then they might be able to draft a franchise QB…who will bust in 3 years.

What's wrong with that scenario???

Edited by SoTier