Are the Ravens in trouble? Baltimore at Dallas a huge game for both teams this week...

eball

2 hours ago, eball said:

Losing a last second game at KC isn't unexpected, but the Sunday implosion at home vs. the Raiders is.  Now they go to Dallas to face an embarrassed Cowboy squad looking to get back on track, then it's home vs. Buffalo followed by a trip to Cinci.

It is not unthinkable they they could be 0-5 in three weeks.

And if Dallas loses this week, that's two in a row at home in a "win or bust" season in which both CeeDee and Dak just got paid.

Thoughts?

Baltimore lost close games coming down to the last minutes.

I don’t want to play an 0-3 Baltimore team on the road 

they have a difficult schedule….

non common — bills, at Texans, at Bucs

play nfc east at DAL/ Giants hone PHL/WAS  home and afc west at KC/LA home LV/DEN

their division ( none are automatic)

the only “easy” games I had on their schedule were giants, commanders, and broncos.  If you think the rest are toss ups….that's then a 10-7 record.

I think Baltimore is going to win this game. Not by much. But it seems more likely that both teams would be a disappointing 1-2 after three weeks rather than the Ravens 0-3.

i can’t see that. Dallas doesn’t seem to have much home field advantage.  Opponents love playing there.

48 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

kinda hoping the Ravens win, else they will be ultra-desperate heading into the SNF matchup with the Bills.

I never understand this mindset. I hope they're desperate. It causes teams to press and make mistakes. It's been the Chiefs advantage in recent years - every matchup they enter no matter how big the stakes, all the pressure is on their opponent. When their opponent is pressing they make dumb mistakes like jumping on a WR early on a 4th down pass that probably isn't catchable. So the Chiefs are always playing with house money. If we go into that SNF game 3-0 against an 0-3 Ravens squad we get to be the ones playing with house money. Give me that all day.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

I don't think Baltimore will be able to slow down Dallas throwing the ball, if ferguson plays that is.

I don't think Dallas will be able to stop the Ravens rushing attack.  They matchup terribly with Baltimore in this respect.  

Dallas is 16-2 at home over there last 18 games in the regular season so they tend to find ways to win games.  

Probably come down to turnovers and whether or not Jackson just takes off and runs with the ball and takes over the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, djp14150 said:

Baltimore lost close games coming down to the last minutes.

I don’t want to play an 0-3 Baltimore team on the road 

they have a difficult schedule….

non common — bills, at Texans, at Bucs

play nfc east at DAL/ Giants hone PHL/WAS  home and afc west at KC/LA home LV/DEN

their division ( none are automatic)

the only “easy” games I had on their schedule were giants, commanders, and broncos.  If you think the rest are toss ups….that's then a 10-7 record.

It's never that easy. Games aren't played on paper they are played on the field. There are always games team X "will never lose to" that they lose to every single year, usually multiple times a year. Case in point, Bills losing to Denver last year.

Edited by Big Turk

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Yep, I've noticed that there are a lot of fans who are very critical of the Bills, but very forgiving of other teams. It is a bit strange.

One of my best buddies is exactly like that.. it’s frustrating listening to his constant criticism and critiques of the Bills.

I’ve asked him to stop focusing on the big picture of SB probabilities and just enjoy each game as entertainment, but not all fans enjoy their fandom the same way, it’s kinda sad to watch actually.

Edited by julian

Cowboys are in a world of trouble after that non-playoff meltdown at home last week.

If it was a Wild Card game we all would get it. But this is the regular season champs we're talking about. In these spots I expect Dak and co. to come through and beat the Ravens pretty handily. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

3 hours ago, mannc said:

That's difficult to square with the Cowboys' 8-0 record at home last year... 

It's all about the now, and in back to back home games dating to last Jan and again this past weekend they've been taken behind the woodshed, and not stopped the opponents whatsoever.  

38 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's all about the now, and in back to back home games dating to last Jan and again this past weekend they've been taken behind the woodshed, and not stopped the opponents whatsoever.  

I repeat, the Cowboys were 8-0 last year at home.  They have a considerable homefield advantage, although it does not mean they will win every game there.   

8 hours ago, eball said:

Until last Sunday I would have trusted Harbaugh with a 10-pt lead at home in the 4th quarter against Gardner Minshew…

They blew like games like that last year too. I think they had 4th quarter leads in 3 of their 4 losses last year. Kinda weird a team like that can’t hold the lead. 

they have lost some pieces and I still don’t think their WRs are good enough (I would see if I could trade one of their TEs for a starting caliber wr). I still trust them but sometimes you just have too many players leave. 

8 hours ago, Billl said:

Pittsburgh is favored in their game. It’s entirely possible that the Ravens could be three games back to a team that beat them twice last season. 

Tomlin continues to be an incredibly underrated head coach.  How he is able to pull his teams to victories is incredible.

• Agree 4

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

If Josh Allen keeps playing out of his mind, I think Lamar is a lock for a 3rd MVP.

I had a daydream the other day that the game was in Buffalo instead of Baltimore, and with the Bills up big in the 2nd half the fans all cheered 'M-V-P!' for Lamar, and 'Overrated *clap clap clap-clap-clap*' for Josh, all to mock the national media.