NFL Power Rankings: Week 2 (NBC San Fran you can see yourself out & no, you don't get a gift basket)

dollars 2 donuts

32 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

They all seem fairly reasonable to me. Bills should be anywhere from 2-9, the Chiefs have rightfully locked up the 1 until proven otherwise. I think tiered rankings is a lot better than power rankings honestly. 

Tiered is the way to go. 

pardon my take does a great tiered ranking. 

1 minute ago, dpberr said:

John Harbaugh can have dud seasons.  This could be one of them.

Ravens have no running game to take the focus off Jackson - Henry no longer has the quickness or the brute strength.  He's now just a RB that's heavy and plodding. 

image.thumb.png.0eed6f2550dddb3910e10fc32704d25c.png

That’s a helluva of a coaching resume. And since Lamar has been there, the only year they didn’t win double digit games is when he got hurt.  But they did lose some good talent and losing to the raiders is bad. 

6 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Ravens have no running game to take the focus off Jackson - Henry no longer has the quickness or the brute strength.  He's now just a RB that's heavy and plodding. 

He has been out snapped by Justice Hill. I think the Ravens might regret Henry being their top signing this off-season. I see him as a future Hall of Famer, but not half the player that he was even two seasons ago. It happens to the best of them.

• dollars 2 donuts changed the title to NFL Power Rankings: Week 2 (NBC San Fran you can see yourself out & no, you don't get a gift basket)
20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean they lost to the chiefs on the road by an inch and blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead with 10 minutes left. They are clearly a “very good” 0-2 team.

I won't argue with that, but yeah as we've all essentially stated before they get SO MUCH love and we're not sure why.

52 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

They all seem fairly reasonable to me. Bills should be anywhere from 2-9, the Chiefs have rightfully locked up the 1 until proven otherwise. I think tiered rankings is a lot better than power rankings honestly. 

9 seems a little low, but I get where you are coming from.

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

I feel dirty cheering for the Cowboys, but such is life. 

No one should have to come on here and feel dirty

25 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Unfortunately, i was one of the ones that wanted King Henry to come to the Bills...........sorry, not sorry.

25 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Their O-Line isn't good. That's their problem on Offense. Their Defense also took a slight step backwards because of Queen go to the Steelers. It's left them a little weaker against the run and over the middle. They'll probably get their defense straighted out by the middle of the season. Rams and Ravens are two teams you'd rather play earlier than later imo

5 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I won't argue with that, but yeah as we've all essentially stated before they get SO MUCH love and we're not sure why.

9 seems a little low, but I get where you are coming from.

They were arguably the best regular season team last year (according to DVOA, they were one of the best in recent years). I get the benefit of the doubt. 

19 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

He has been out snapped by Justice Hill. I think the Ravens might regret Henry being their top signing this off-season. I see him as a future Hall of Famer, but not half the player that he was even two seasons ago. It happens to the best of them.

We do very good against Lamar but big physical backs have given our defense a lot of trouble in the past. If they make the playoffs, Henry could cause some problems. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I mean they lost to the chiefs on the road by an inch and blow a 10 point 4th quarter lead with 10 minutes left. They are clearly a “very good” 0-2 team.

Losses are losses.  Should teams that miss the playoff be given playoff berths because they "are much better than their record shows"?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They were arguably the best regular season team last year (according to DVOA, they were one of the best in recent years). I get the benefit of the doubt. 

Yeah, but never really "seemed" like it, or passed the smell test.

13-4, and yet with the 23 season done, head to head on neutral turf, I am putting a few teams (at the time) I believe would be capable of beating them.

KC, Buffalo, Detroit, San Fran, and maybe...maybe even the Pack and Rams.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m a little surprised that the Texans are ranked above us…everything has seemed like a struggle for them against two pretty bad teams 

The only reason why I am fine with it, GBF, is regardless of their struggles...man...it just seems like they might explode on offense anytime.

...not for sure, but just seems that way.

EDIT:

BTW, can we please have the conversation that the Eagles don't belong in the top 6?!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The only reason why I am fine with it, GBF, is regardless of their struggles...man...it just seems like they might explode on offense anytime.

EDIT:

BTW, can we please have the conversation that the Eagles don't belong in the top 6?!

That was disgraceful yesterday by the Eagles...that reminded me of so many games during the Bills drought era where they figured out a way to ***** defeat from the jaws of victory 😂

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

EDIT:

Yea the eagles ineptitude has been going on since they snuck by us last year…I might even drop them to the bottom half of the league right now 

hurts is starting to seem closer to a one year wonder than a great player 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

The Chiefs are vulnerable at both the tackle spots and that is a weakness that can be exploited.

The Ravens have a below average offensive line unit.

There are opportunities for the Bills to win against these two teams.

The Bills have beat the Chiefs 3 straight in Arrowhead during the regular season. We are playing at home this time. The narrative should be the Chiefs may have a chance to beat us, not the other way around.

9 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

How do you do that, though, 9?

How do you sit there, see this team at 0-2, see this other team at 2-0, both are playoff teams from the previous year, and say “yep, that team in the hole is better because blah, blah, blah.”?

I believe narrative has something to do with it. Josh wasn't supposed to be good. A lot of people don't like that they were wrong so they keep that narrative rolling anyway. It's partially why I don't fully believe Josh will see an MVP. It's what they say about first impressions and how they stick around. Everyone was told the Bills suck and Josh was a bust. 

• Agree 2