Anyone see the Josh Allen building?

Whkfc

Just now, JohnBonhamRocks said:

That will happen when you own 1/3 to 1/2 of the city haha

He recently defaulted on a $51 Million loan in DC, but his buildings covered in that loan weren't worth the amount of the loan, so he walked away from them. His portfolio in Buffalo is much stronger

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Mostly vacant. The Statler Building. 

Does Buffalo still have a lot of unused buildings downtown or nearby?

Been a while since I've visited, but I always wondered why they're left to decay & not demolished. I think I read somewhere that some of those structures on the water front area (silos I believe?) are still hanging around because people want it designated a landmark.

I know it costs money to demolish buildings, but if they're in super bad shape it would just be nice to clear out & plant some trees if need be 😅

3 hours ago, julian said:

With a SB ring this year Allen will be officially the face of the league… the advertisers want him as the face of their products so badly, he’s extremely marketable.

I doubt it's Taylor Swift level, but that ought to be worth at least some zebra affection. I don't think the NFL is wrestling, but it definitely don't hurt.

I've seen it all over social media but haven't driven by it in person yet but will try to make it out that way soon.

I remember visiting Cleveland 15 years or so ago and walking around downtown and seeing a giant Lebron James poster on a building just like this one and being jealous that our sports cursed cousins on Lake Erie had such a marquee superstar that made them relevant on the national sports scene.  I wondered if the Bills would ever get there again and at that time it seemed pretty bleak.  Well here we are, still pretty surreal that Josh F'n Allen is our quarterback of the Buffalo Bills and we are back on the map on the national sports scene!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Came back to B LO Monday for work, drove by the Statler today and there is was... of course the City is complaining because it shouldnt be up there as the permit wasnt technically issued because people were off and didnt issue it yet... But I am pretty sure it stays LOL