MNF - Eagles vs Falcons

Low Positive

1 hour ago, Livinginthepast said:

Nice to see the Eagles and Siriani lose. Nothing about them has seemed authentic to me  in the past two years. The Bills losing to them last year because of the refs and the blunders was one of the most irritating games in the season. Cousins is a strange one to behold. He still looks pretty good, even great as an NFL QB at times but other times is decidedly ordinary!

Agreed.  Cousins looked like he should be in a wheelchair for large chunk of the game, then slings it around like 1984 Dan Marino on the winning drive.  

• Like (+1) 1

I dont care if it was a "good play call". Sirianni blew that game for them. You run it on 3rd down, then if you want to go for the first down, you do it on 4th and that play call is fine.

The only realistic way the Eagles in that situation lose the game is to stop the clock AND not get the first down. Only way that scenario comes into play is by that play call. 

16 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Raiders and Falcons ruining Survivor picks.

16 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is anyone left after bengals pats 🤣

After the first 2 weeks of the season, 70% of the picks in my survivor league have been knocked out.

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

I dont care if it was a "good play call". Sirianni blew that game for them. You run it on 3rd down, then if you want to go for the first down, you do it on 4th and that play call is fine.

The only realistic way the Eagles in that situation lose the game is to stop the clock AND not get the first down. Only way that scenario comes into play is by that play call. 

Agreed. I don't know why or how these coaches just out think themselves and make boneheaded calls.

The Browns game was the same thing. Browns had the ball with 1:37 left to go on the Jags 38 with a 3rd and 6. Jags just used their last timeout, can't stop the clock anymore. Down 5, their only hope is to somehow get the ball back and score a TD. If the Browns run the ball, they make the first down and ice the game, or they don't and punt the ball back to the Jags, who will likely get the ball deep in their own territory with what should be well under a minute left and the entire length of the field to go.

So what do the Browns do? Swing pass, incomplete, clock stops. Punt, Jags get the ball at their own 10 with 1:27 left. They got all the way to the Browns 33 before a couple of incomplete passes iced it for the Browns, but not after having to sweat it out unnecessarily.

• Like (+1) 1

Belated Tuesday morning reflections (but on a Wednesday, yesterday was manic work wise):

1. It's time people just acknowledge that the Philadelphia defense is bad. Sean Desai carried the can for their woeful defensive performance in 2023 and they finally landed Vic Fangio who (while I think is legend is slightly overblown - in 24 years as an NFL DC and HC he has had a top 5 defense just FIVE times and four of them were with that extremely talented 49ers group which was more about talent than scheme IMO) is a proven defensive coordinator but it is STILL bad. I'm a big Howie Roseman fanboy but some of the decisions he has made in rebuilding this unit are questionable. Not least the Nolan Smith pick which was always a big reach to me. 

2. When AJ Brown is missing the receiver group looks what it is - underwhelming. Smith had 76 yards and a touchdown and is a legit player, but Johnny Wilson isn't an NFL talent, the trade for Jahan Dotson was hoping a guy who has been disappointing in the league was suddenly going to "break out" - early returns are he won't, he is who he has shown us he is - and they ended up throwing six times for 23 yards to Britain Covey who is really on the roster as their punt returner. 

3. Bijan Robinson is the best running back in the NFL right now and the Falcons need to continue to lean on him. Cousins looked better in week 2 than week 1 and Mooney, London, Pitts is a serviceable trio of pass catchers but Robinson is the star that can make this offense go. They need to ride him.

4. The Falcons defense is hard to work out. I think Raheem Morris can coach and they have some talent in the defensive backfield but I still worry about where the pass rush is coming from. Grady Jarrett is a stud and Matthew Judon can make some plays but beyond those guys I think it gets very thin very quickly and both of them are the wrong side of 30. The likely result of an offense that needs to run the ball to win and a defense that struggles to generate pressure on the passer is a team that is going to be in a ton of close games that go down to the end. I expect the Falcons to feature on RedZone's witching hour pretty regularly. 

5. Nick Sirianni is toast. It's when, not if.