Non Bill, unheralded, under the radar favorite player.

Savage

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Whitehead on tampa then the jets now back at tampa.  Love how he plays.  Physical but not stupid.  kind of a poor man’s rodney harrison.  A winning player.  

He was a FA last season and thought he’d be a fantastic player in Buffalo’s defense

6 hours ago, gomper said:

Ricky Proehl. 17 seasons. 6 teams. So effective, that the Rams greatest show on turf, had to find a place for him. Money on 3rd down. Great route runner and a terrific possession receiver.

This was going to be my choice. He was a very good receiver who always got the job done but was never seen as a star in the league.

Another player I enjoyed watching was Tom Waddle. Definitely unheralded and a relatively short career, but when he caught the ball, he was fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 1

Dirk Nowitzki.

But aside from Dirk, my favorite unheralded/under-the-radar players would be:

- Corey Dillon (never gets enough credit for how good he was)

- Zach Thomas (Texas Tech guy, unfortunate he played for the Dolphins)

- Chad Pennington (Also from the Jets/Dolphins, dude was extremely smart & could've been great if he stayed healthy - despite the arm strength)

And even though he's a Bills player, Terrence McGee. I don't think he gets talked about enough as one of the greats of the Bills drought era, as his best years were fairly early on. But he was great on ST & a very good CB. He holds all the Bills kickoff return records (yards, TDs, longest return, etc.) and even most passes defended.

Edited by BigDingus

Ancient School (60's-70's) - Jim Kiick - never thought he got his due

Old School - Andy Russell - the third guy with Lambert and Hamm 

90's- Kordell "Slash" Stewart

2000's- Mike Minter - smart, tough safety and Dan Morgan (note - lived in NC during this time)

2010's - James White - RB-NE - whenever Brady needed a true outlet he was there

2020's - James Conner - Just a really good player...and a cancer survivor