Non Bill, unheralded, under the radar favorite player.

Savage

6 minutes ago, gomper said:

Ricky Proehl. 17 seasons. 6 teams. So effective, that the Rams greatest show on turf, had to find a place for him. Money on 3rd down. Great route runner and a terrific possession receiver.

Didn’t his kid try out for the Bills?

maybe still in league?

Napolean Kaufman - RB - Raiders who retired in his prime.  He wasn't the biggest guy, but he was literally the strongerst player on his team out benching and out squating the biggest of guys as a smaller framed RB yet still lightning fast.  I will never forget when he laid out 2 dallas all pro defensive lineman in Dallas one year, where on one of them he picked the guy up over his head and flipped him behind him.  It was nuts...then he was also blazing fast.  

Woefully underused in Oakland, forced to split carries with Harvey Williams.  I loved watching him play for the Huskies in college, so followed him in the NFL despite he got stuck on the Raiders.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I was always a big Dallas Clark fan. Made a name for himself but he was kind of the lost man of that top offense back in the day but super reliable for Manning, great hands and had a couple of big seasons when teams were taking away Harrison and Wayne amongst others.

We had him as a pundit on the UK NFL coverage for a couple of years though..   brutal. 

1 minute ago, Savage said:

Didn’t his kid try out for the Bills?

maybe still in league?

His kid was DRAFTED by the Bills. Think it was Beane's first draft in 18.

14 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Not under the radar. But Minshew seems like he’d be cool to hang and have a beer. 

Minshew for me as well.   Ever since he torched Dallas when he played for Hurts in Philly the other year, I became a fan.  He just wins vs. good teams.  

30 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Well he name is easy to remember. And is and will always be a great leader among men.

Everyone who leaves the nfl behind to fight for his country is got my vote.

Thank you Patrick Tillman 

https://www.amazon.com/Where-Men-Win-Glory-Odyssey/dp/030738604X/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3FXMQQBR2QX9T&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.N0gv5-VjluGNSKIoCuu8_j8jZ0Tor43oMJzlTfLof98dO6sxH4Sf5D4A524fCw6Fv_0i-xtbqfjR6kPJ0pW4YHCgePAMXH4_nqHZslyMOo3yIJCq1qmy75VUp-WDPzFEzuROphypj70ychH3oT_CznaE4_Soc4wxgxR9k0VswwKgxWx1d1WXXSc19NK1_-56m7FRamtuGGC4Q67BdH5Iag.JUvxTQHPKzyjkVQl4RUpQHWzd1YyntrQ0dZ7tbrxYIw&dib_tag=se&keywords=pat+tillman&qid=1726527474&sprefix=pat+tillan%2Caps%2C174&sr=8-1

Really good book on him and Afghanistan history in general (and how it impacted him). What the government did to cover up his cause of death and the overall treatment of many veterans of those conflicts is truly saddening and infuriating. His family deserved the truth but the military lied at first to avoid the issue that we did have of soldiers dying accidently of friendly fire due to piss poor training and planning. 

What I find very interesting and respectable about his character is the multiple opportunities he had to take larger pay days and material comforts but refused. The Rams offered him a much bigger new contract than what the Cardinals offered and he chose to stay with the Cardinals because they took a chance on him with a late pick, despite the fact he lost millions doing so. Halfway through his military contract, the Seahawks and NFl offered him an early out. Strings could have been pulled to get him out of his military contract 1.5 years early to make millions and be safe. He refused because he signed a 3 year commitment and would finish it. His honor and honesty was important to him. 

When you have NFL players screwing over the teams that took a chance on drafting them all for a bigger pay day and only caring about money, his loyalty is why he's one of my favorite players ever 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I worked at Old Dominion University when Taylor Heinicke played there. He really helped that program gain some momentum while it was still in it's early years. His career has been really interesting to follow. He's kind of like a worse Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he plays with a ton of heart. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, MPL said:

I worked at Old Dominion University when Taylor Heinicke played there. He really helped that program gain some momentum while it was still in it's early years. His career has been really interesting to follow. He's kind of like a worse Ryan Fitzpatrick, but he plays with a ton of heart. 

The Commanders are my second team behind the Bills (lived in Virginia for some time and have good friends who are huge fans) and absolutely agree. He was one of my favorite players to watch due to the heart. It was clear the difference between him and Wentz/Howell with that team. Washington went from an 8-8-1 record to the basement last year (4-13) when he left and I think that played a role. 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan