167 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFLs QB3?

• Lamar Jackson
    • Joe Burrow
    • CJ Stroud
    • Someone Else

17 hours ago, Logic said:

My List.

Note: There is a large tier break between Tier 1 and Tier 2. No one is close to those two.

Tier 1:
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen

Tier 2:
Joe Burrow(s)
CJ Stroud

Tier 3:
Lamar Jackson
Justin Herbert

Tier 4:
Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Dak Prescott

Jordan Love

Tier 5:
Kirk Cousins

Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Trevor Lawrence

This but Love in tier 3. And I think Stroud can make tier 1. He just isn't there yet. 

17 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Will Levis is 2 for 2 getting game balls. Unfortunately for Tennessee, it's their opponents awarding him game balls. 

I looked at the QB depth charts & it's amazing how many bad QBs occupy other teams' rosters.   

lol, I haven’t watched him play and those bad plays are really bad, but if the narrative is he is making really dumb plays, I feel like that’s probably a decently good sign for him. 

it’s not he’s making really dumb plays AND he can’t play qb consistently…like it sounds like if (likely when) he cuts out the dumb plays, he’ll be fine. Very different convo than someone like Bryce Young, probably more annoying in some ways in games, but I mean it took Josh Allen getting screamed at after blowing that pats game in I believe his second year for everything to kinda click and for him to find the space within which he could improvise within structure (Josh Allen’s structure is just so much different than others, but everyone needs to find it for themselves and some people like Tyrod Taylor arguably, never bump up to the line, and sometimes you gotta cross it a few times and fail to really see where that line is…at least that’s how my brain works)

17 hours ago, K D said:

Mahomes has 3 rings and Lamar has 2 mvps and Josh has...this message board apparently 

And if you had the ball down by 6 with 2 mins left in the super bowl, who do you want as your QB: Josh or Lamar?

Hell, if you found yourself up by 10 with 15 minutes left in a regular season game, who do you want as your QB: Josh or Lamar?

I don't think a single person arguing that Lamar is the second best QB in the league based on his MVP wins would actually pick Lamar in these situations or if starting a franchise from scratch.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

No one gets a bigger pass than Burrow (who I love). Lamar lost in the AFC championship game to the SB champs with WRs who won’t crack the Bengals top 2 and he’s behind him?

also, Stroud will be the answer after this year. 

18 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

That's great but he isn't in MVP form this year or is and his defense isn't carrying him like they did last year?

Allen essentially had a Lamar MVP last week. Should he penalized because he didn’t get a chance to stat pad because they dominated? Because that’s what the Ravens did. They murdered teams last year and Jackson didn’t have to stat pad. 

12 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Herbert is my #3 right now.

Burrow #4

Stroud #5

Prescott #6

Jackson#7

I can't judge Purdy in that system

Are Mayfield and Murray in the conversation for lower end of top 10???

No one is more overrated than Herbert. Dude never gets criticized and what has he exactly done? Made the playoffs once snd blew a huge lead to Trevor Lawrence? 

What has he done this year? Be great at handoffs?  

dint get me wrong. I think Herbert is super talented. But his resume kinda sucks comparing it to Jackson and Burrow. 

16 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

In a hypothetical, if Baltimore had a chance to trade Jackson for Allen straight up, you think they wouldn't pull the trigger?  

I do 

Honestly, I don’t (and it’s insane to even think about). But Baltimore loves Jackson and for some weird reason, both fanbase just hate on the other qb when they are very similar in how they should be viewed (underrated in the draft; people question their playing style; haven’t beaten Mahomes when it matters). 

I think most Ravens think Josh is a downgrade just like we think the opposite. 

Right now it's Lamar but I think Stroud could take them from him by the end of the year.

It is incorrect that most media members think Lamar is better than Allen. I've heard more: I think Allen is the 2nd best QB in the league than Lamar.

Allen's 2020-22 seasons were all better than Lamar's 1st MVP year, he's also never been hurt. Remember even the Ravens were debating on paying Lamar.

20 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Right now it's Lamar but I think Stroud could take them from him by the end of the year.

It is incorrect that most media members think Lamar is better than Allen. I've heard more: I think Allen is the 2nd best QB in the league than Lamar.

Allen's 2020-22 seasons were all better than Lamar's 1st MVP year, he's also never been hurt. Remember even the Ravens were debating on paying Lamar.

Agree with this, I think at this point outside of ESPN, Media generally acknowledges Allen>Lamar

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No one gets a bigger pass than Burrow (who I love). Lamar lost in the AFC championship game to the SB champs with WRs who won’t crack the Bengals top 2 and he’s behind him?

also, Stroud will be the answer after this year. 

Allen essentially had a Lamar MVP last week. Should he penalized because he didn’t get a chance to stat pad because they dominated? Because that’s what the Ravens did. They murdered teams last year and Jackson didn’t have to stat pad. 

Yet what's his excuse every other season but year 2 that he's failed to put above average passing stats? He's a limited passer plain and simple which to me makes him an average at best QB. 

Edited by The Jokeman

Elite 
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen

Game Changers

Burrow
 L Jackson

Herbert
CJ Stroud

Hurts - maybe moving down

Can win with

Kyler Murray - looking to move up 

Jordan Love - injury hurts here... 

Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Dak Prescott

Mayfield

Lawrence

Cousins

Edited by JP51

17 hours ago, skibum said:

I hate to break it to everyone, but outside Buffalo, Lamar is QB #2. He has 2 MVP awards and just as many superbowl appearances/wins as Josh does. 

Lamar’s team is often losing in the playoffs because of him and it gets talked about constantly outside of Buffalo.  I don’t really hear anyone talking about his mvps these days. 

if he goes on a long playoff run he can probably rewrite the script still but I sincerely doubt the average football fan is ranking him 2…burrow has a stronger case if it isn’t Josh 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

18 hours ago, K D said:

Mahomes has 3 rings and Lamar has 2 mvps and Josh has...this message board apparently 

How soon we forget ! Josh has 4 consecutive AFC east division Championships ...

And last years MVP should have a asterisk by it because Josh smoked Lamar when it came to the stats & who carried their team from 11 to 2 in the standings and all because Josh threw more INT's !! 🙄 

Well along with almost triple the passing yards & TD's compared to Lamar comes more INT's ... But the Experts don;t know that .

19 hours ago, K D said:

If that mvp caliber play ever showed up from Lamar in the playoffs I’d def agree with this lol.  But to me, being in the top 2 or 3 in the mvp running every year and playing well in the vast majority of playoff games trumps winning a couple mvps and completely flubbing the playoffs year in and year out 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

No one is more overrated than Herbert. Dude never gets criticized and what has he exactly done? Made the playoffs once snd blew a huge lead to Trevor Lawrence? 

What has he done this year? Be great at handoffs?  

dint get me wrong. I think Herbert is super talented. But his resume kinda sucks comparing it to Jackson and Burrow. 

Honestly, I don’t (and it’s insane to even think about). But Baltimore loves Jackson and for some weird reason, both fanbase just hate on the other qb when they are very similar in how they should be viewed (underrated in the draft; people question their playing style; haven’t beaten Mahomes when it matters). 

I think most Ravens think Josh is a downgrade just like we think the opposite. 

Herbert has had terrible coaching.  Can't argue with his resume but the question is not who has been the best QB it is who are the best QBs now. With Harbaugh dude is going to be a star.  

I've defended Jackson for several years on here.  He is not the #2 QB in the league despite the MVPs but he is far better than most on here rate him.  

For the record if Burrow didn't have the wrist issue he would be my #3.  

We should ask this question again in a month.  #1 and 2 may flip if Josh keeps playing clean.  And 3-10 may be very different

19 hours ago, Logic said:

My List.

Note: There is a large tier break between Tier 1 and Tier 2. No one is close to those two.

Tier 1:
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen

Tier 2:
Joe Burrow(s)
CJ Stroud

Tier 3:
Lamar Jackson
Justin Herbert

Tier 4:
Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Dak Prescott

Jordan Love

Tier 5:
Kirk Cousins

Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Trevor Lawrence

This is good but I would just merge tiers 2 and 3 and also 4 and 5. I don't think there is big differences between them. 

Edited by Process

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

Where's Rodgers? If he stays healthy (BIG IF) then he is at least in tier 2 and maybe tier 1. He still has the arm, and he is deadly accurate.  He is also one of the smartest QB's when it comes to reading what look the defense is giving him.

I'll be honest, I've smoked a lot of weed in my day. I simply forgot him.

Right now, he'd probably be in my tier 3. He hasn't had a good season since 2021. He could easily move up to tier 2. It would take a miracle for him to become a tier 1 guy again, in my opinion.

4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Since entering the league Brock Purdy has 6500 yards 45 tds and 16 ints.  The amount of disrespect this guy gets is insane. You don't even have him top 16, instead you have guys like Trevor Lawrence who are 20-32 in their career. Sure part of his success is related to the system he's in , but I don't believe you'd be able to find 16 guys who would have produced better numbers during that stretch, I don't know if you'd find 10.

See above. Weed. He'd be at the top of my tier 5 right now if I had remembered to include him.

Edited by Logic
  • Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Since entering the league Brock Purdy has 6500 yards 45 tds and 16 ints.  The amount of disrespect this guy gets is insane. You don't even have him top 16, instead you have guys like Trevor Lawrence who are 20-32 in their career. Sure part of his success is related to the system he's in , but I don't believe you'd be able to find 16 guys who would have produced better numbers during that stretch, I don't know if you'd find 10.

There are a million guys you could plug in SF.  

put it this way, I think a lot of people would think Bryce Young would be a better qb in SF than purdy would be in Carolina. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Herbert has had terrible coaching.  Can't argue with his resume but the question is not who has been the best QB it is who are the best QBs now. With Harbaugh dude is going to be a star.  

I've defended Jackson for several years on here.  He is not the #2 QB in the league despite the MVPs but he is far better than most on here rate him.  

For the record if Burrow didn't have the wrist issue he would be my #3.  

We should ask this question again in a month.  #1 and 2 may flip if Josh keeps playing clean.  And 3-10 may be very different

He’s had Kellen Moore who consistently had top 5 offenses in Dallas. 

again, I like Herbert. Glad Miami doesn’t have him. But he gets talked so if as he’s a top guy when He really hasn’t done anything. Now this year with “good coaching,” his role to throw less. 

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

Look at where Allen stands money wise.

image.thumb.png.506b9ed6a0678b4b12f64e0c

We do this every time a qb signs a new contract and the market resets. 

don’t worry bills fans! Allen will soon be making $60 million and being the highest paid qb in the league so he can finally afford to take his girlfriend to Hutch’s instead of mighty taco. 

• Haha (+1) 1