Chaos

Who is the NFLs QB3?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the NFLs QB3?

• Lamar Jackson
    • Joe Burrow
    • CJ Stroud
    • Someone Else

The truth is Mahomes is in a Tier by himself.  Call it the GOAT tier.  

The Josh is in the next tier down.  

After Josh there is a whole lot a potential.  Burrow has to stay healthy.  Lamar has to win in the playoffs.  Stroud is in his second season.  Love is now hurt and is only a 2nd year starter.  Murray can make plays, but is short and can’t stay healthy.  Who knows what Herbert’s deal is.  I like Baker and maybe he is putting it all together.  

Stafford is on the back part of his career.  Rodgers should be done and Wilson is done.  

If I were choosing a QB 3 to play for my franchise I’d pick Stroud, Love and then Mayfield.

I’m a UGA season ticket holder and the two greatest performances I’ve ever seen in college were Mayfield at Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl against GA and Stroud in the Chik-fil-a Bowl for OSU also against GA.  Those two nearly willed their teams to victory.  It was amazing to watch.  

I also respect Burrow, but he can’t stay healthy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

This is pretty good. I noticed you left Tua off. Is that intentional. 

I thought about adding him.

I do not feel that he is better than any of the quarterbacks I listed.

If I had to add him, I'd put him at the bottom of tier 5. Just my opinion, and I know many are higher on him than I am.

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I have to ask this.

I'm not trying to be mean or rude or anything, I just genuinely want to know.

How are people still putting an "s" on the end of Joe Burrow? He's been in the league for five years now.

I'm so confused.

I blatantly and openly disrespect Joe Burrough. He hasn't earned it. He's made of glass. I don't even remember Tua's full name. What's funny is for a few minutes he was in line to be top 5. 

The #3 QB I would pick right now for a franchise: Prescott or Herbert. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K D said:

And a lot of money. All great things but still not the 2nd best QB in the NFL with "really no dispute." I think Bills fans feel that way and there are arguments for but also plenty for against.

But he's certainly up there. He just needs the hardware to prove it. Even if he's 5th best and we win the Super Bowl because James Cook averages 120 yards from scrimmage then who would complain?

There are a lot of reasons to think he is the undisputed qb2 in the league. Physical attributes. His ability to stay healthy despite his playing style. His propensity to take over games in the regular season. These are just a few examples. 

Now fans that argues he’s qb1 if only for this or that…cuckoo town. 

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

...and the same amount of playoff wins.  Lamar will never be #3 until he plays better than 2-4 in the playoffs with a 75 qb rating. I guess Burrow & Stroud can battle it out for 3.

I’m not one to ever go to another team’s message board, but I can’t imagine that it’s pretty. Until they show us differently it’s reputation over results. Are their fans calling for heads? I’m serious, how is the attitude? 

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I have to ask this.

How are people still putting an "s" on the end of Joe Burrow? He's been in the league for five years now.

I'm so confused.

Dyslexia?

You know I have a friend who's incredible at mathematics but sucks at spelling.

1 hour ago, skibum said:

I hate to break it to everyone, but outside Buffalo, Lamar is QB #2. He has 2 MVP awards and just as many superbowl appearances/wins as Josh does. 

1 hour ago, Augie said:

That goes to show that it’s a silly award. It’s almost as bad as the Pro Bowl game, but you can’t just abolish the award. 

Lamar just doesn’t feel all that MVP to me.  🤷‍♂️

EDIT: I don’t want any of you to know where I live if he wins the Super Bowl.  😂 

Yes. The reason Lamar has 2 MVPs is because in both of those MVP seasons (2019 and 2023) the Ravens had the best record in the NFL and the foremost criteria for MVP is the QB of the team with the best record in the league. This has been the case in 4 of the last 5 years.

The last year that the QB of the team with the best record didn't win it was when Aaron Rodgers (13-3) won it over Patrick Mahomes (14-2). Incidentally the Bills were also 13-3 that year.

Obviously the award is for the MVP of the regular season because as we all know, Lamar has sucked in the postseason while Josh has been mostly excellent.

14 hours ago, Logic said:

My List.

Note: There is a large tier break between Tier 1 and Tier 2. No one is close to those two.

Tier 1:
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen

Tier 2:
Joe Burrow(s)
CJ Stroud

Tier 3:
Lamar Jackson
Justin Herbert

Tier 4:
Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Dak Prescott

Jordan Love

Tier 5:
Kirk Cousins

Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Trevor Lawrence

Where's Rodgers? If he stays healthy (BIG IF) then he is at least in tier 2 and maybe tier 1. He still has the arm, and he is deadly accurate.  He is also one of the smartest QB's when it comes to reading what look the defense is giving him.

15 hours ago, Logic said:

My List.

Note: There is a large tier break between Tier 1 and Tier 2. No one is close to those two.

Tier 1:
Patrick Mahomes
Josh Allen

Tier 2:
Joe Burrow(s)
CJ Stroud

Tier 3:
Lamar Jackson
Justin Herbert

Tier 4:
Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts
Jared Goff
Matthew Stafford
Dak Prescott

Jordan Love

Tier 5:
Kirk Cousins

Baker Mayfield
Derek Carr
Trevor Lawrence

Since entering the league Brock Purdy has 6500 yards 45 tds and 16 ints.  The amount of disrespect this guy gets is insane. You don't even have him top 16, instead you have guys like Trevor Lawrence who are 20-32 in their career. Sure part of his success is related to the system he's in , but I don't believe you'd be able to find 16 guys who would have produced better numbers during that stretch, I don't know if you'd find 10.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Herbert is my #3 right now.

Burrow #4

Stroud #5

Prescott #6

Jackson#7

I can't judge Purdy in that system

Are Mayfield and Murray in the conversation for lower end of top 10???

Murray is my sneaky MVP candidate / top 5 QB. When healthy I think he can prove to be a top 5 QB. His problem though is staying healthy for an entire season so we will see. Mayfield could certainly win MVP with his play and that Bucs team.

It's odd, it feels like Allen might hands down go on to be the greatest QB ever to not win an MVP. People will look back in 20 years and be like, how in the heck did this guy never win an MVP? He had an MVP season nearly every year. 

30 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Since entering the league Brock Purdy has 6500 yards 45 tds and 16 ints.  The amount of disrespect this guy gets is insane. You don't even have him top 16, instead you have guys like Trevor Lawrence who are 20-32 in their career. Sure part of his success is related to the system he's in , but I don't believe you'd be able to find 16 guys who would have produced better numbers during that stretch, I don't know if you'd find 10.

Agree that a great QB is not necessarily going to produce better numbers. The great system basically dictates the numbers any QB will put up in the system. But I do have a hard time believing Purdy would be seen as anything more than a top 15 QB on a team like the Browns or Raiders. Not bad teams but not special teams either. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Tough call between Burrow and Stroud for me. Burrow's done it longer which certainly counts for something. Whereas Stroud genuinely does look a bit better when I watch him, better throwing on the run and doesn't miss as many passes to my eyes.

Since I'm on the fence I default to the player that's been more durable. So it's Stroud for me. Very close though.

I gave Stroud my vote because Burrow just takes too many hits/sacks which causes him to miss time. Toss in Stroud has upside where I think we've seen the best of Burrow. 

17 hours ago, Logic said:

I have to ask this.

I'm so confused.

That is a pet peeve of mine too.....the worst is when people talk about James Cooks

17 hours ago, K D said:

Mahomes has 3 rings and Lamar has 2 mvps and Josh has...this message board apparently 

National narrative is changing.. Even the Nick Wrights of the world acknowledge it's Mahomes, then Allen, then everyone else. 

I've even noticed this becoming accepted fact on shows like NFL Live and Sunday Gameday etc..

Edited by SCBills