Christian Benford appreciation thread

No_Matter_What

On 9/16/2024 at 4:02 PM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I do too. The issue is that Draft Class has so many Post Round 1 hits, are we going to be able to extend them all?

Benford may or may not be Priority 1. All these players were Drafted in the same class and all their contracts come due at the same time. And they're all going to be pricey.

James Cook

Terrel Bernard

Khalil Shakir

Christian Benford

Beane doesn’t get enough credit. This class was a slam dunk. Cook is likely an All-Pro if he can keep up the pace and I see no reason why he can’t. Bernard has been bit by the injury bug, but is a pro bowler when healthy. Shakir could be the leading receiver this year. Benford has been in the upper half of starting CBs, but this year could be a break out one. Buffalo is suprisingly deep at CB. 

A little off topic, but who are Beane's top 10 draft picks overall and top 5 value picks?

1. Allen

2. T Johnson

3. Benford

4. Teller (2 - AP, 3 - PB)

5. Oliver

6. Rousseau

7. Brown

8. Bernard

9. Cook

10. Edmunds

Top 5 Value

1. T Johnson

2. Benford

3. Teller

4. Davis

5. Shakir

Up and comers - Shakir, Kincaid, Cook, Bernard, Williams, Spector, Coleman, Bishop, SVPG, Torrence.

Edited by GASabresIUFan

On 9/16/2024 at 4:01 PM, djp14150 said:

Tre is not 100% from injury. 

Sadly he likely won’t ever be back to 100%

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

What a stud. A random sixth rounder from Villanova of all places is locking down Hill, Harrison and Waddle. Hope we give him a good deal. 

Given what we gave up for him in relation to what we received, I’m comfortable saying he’s the best pick of the Beane tenure.

Here’s to hoping the best value pick of Beane’s drafts so far is Rousseau…getting what might be an elite top 5 pass rusher at the end of the first round is insane and has a legit chance of being the case. 

Not diminishing how amazing the CB pick was by any means. 

Edited by HardyBoy

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Im saying consider where we got him in exchange for what we’re getting. Guy is arguably CB1b. To me, that makes him Beane’s best pick. 

How about Milano being the best off ball LBer in the league? What was he a 5th round pick. T. Johnson same deal all pro slot corner. Then you got the QB. Was the obvious answer but I figured I’d start with the value. We also drafted 2 long term Tackles in spots you don’t usually get them. The guy has done a great job building this team