Christian Benford appreciation thread

No_Matter_What

2 hours ago, JP51 said:

Fair but I am just not even seeing him out there... but maybe Jmarcus Ingram is very good too... I hope that is the issue.

Ingram isn't playing over Elam. Elam can't play the role Ingram has played. He is strictly a boundary guy. 

• Agree 1

Elam reminds me of Gilmore where he looks a bit out of control half the time.

That Benford article is crazy. I'm always in awe over these guys that get out of situations like that. I know my dumbass would have been on the corner chasing quick cash and not working my ass off to get out.

This secondary is so fun. Ingram and Lewis thriving off the bench, Benford and Douglas shutting down the outside, and Hamlin and Rapp steady in the backend.

Sal C talked at length about guys like Lewis, Ingram, and Hamlin being in the system so long, thanks in part such great coaching stability, and thriving because they don't have to think out there. They know exactly what to do and it allows them to mix up and disguise coverages so well. Cover 1's film breakdown showed the backend running basic cover 2 or 3, but the way they rotated post snap it creates confusion and allows them to lock down the backend.

I'm loving the direction of this team. Props to McDermott and Beane for turning the page and truly doing a good job of making decisions to win now and in the future.