Christian Benford appreciation thread

No_Matter_What

I searched but didn't find a thread dedicated to this guy, and he surely deserves it. He was all over the field vs Dolphins and this time PFF confirms it :)

He is playing on an elite lever right now.

I'd love Elam to be successful and on the field but Benford makes up for it.

Not sure how to post photos hopefully you'll be able to see it.

Benford.webp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Am I reading this right?

Tre White and Sauce Gardner are struggling?

Gardner is really overrated. He holds ALL the time and that is starting to catch up to him.

Tre White has really struggled. I think we moved on at the right time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5

23 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Am I reading this right?

Tre White and Sauce Gardner are struggling?

Gardner has been All-Pro Holding this year, that's about it...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I guess if Benford is a Pro Bowler and Elam busts we just give Beane a mulligan on that one?

Benford is really, really good. There's no way you can take him off the field even if Elam is good too. And Douglas has been playing well too. But what sets them apart is their ability to play the run and make tackles. They are basically the two perfect corners for our scheme.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

When you watch on TV, you don't often see what the secondary is doing.   Especially if you're like me and keep your eyes on the ball.  I could only infer the Bills secondary was doing its job because it contained two good QBs.

The chart is interesting because I consider Douglas the better of our two boundary CBs but it seems, so far, Benford has outplayed him.  Then again, as Matt_in-NH says, it's a small sample size.  

It's too bad Taron isn't out there too. 

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

I want the Bills to extend him yesterday.

I do too. The issue is that Draft Class has so many Post Round 1 hits, are we going to be able to extend them all?

Benford may or may not be Priority 1. All these players were Drafted in the same class and all their contracts come due at the same time. And they're all going to be pricey.

James Cook

Terrel Bernard

Khalil Shakir

Christian Benford

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

When you watch on TV, you don't often see what the secondary is doing.   Especially if you're like me and keep your eyes on the ball.  I could only infer the Bills secondary was doing its job because it contained two good QBs.

The chart is interesting because I consider Douglas the better of our two boundary CBs but it seems, so far, Benford has outplayed him.  Then again, as Matt_in-NH says, it's a small sample size.  

It's too bad Taron isn't out there too. 

problems with the chart…

1. too small of sample

2. defense played zone vs man

3. It’s yards per snap…not thrown their way.  If you are playing against a team test got a lot of snaps and not much thrown to you, you get penalized.

4. long passes will hurt stat more without passing blame on to the right player in the defense like you are playing zone cobvercreveivervthrnnrelrasr expecting deep safety support but instead receiver is I hit innthe window betwee CB and safety.

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

All these players were Drafted in the same class and all their contracts come due at the same time. And they're all going to be pricey.

That's part of the reason I want their extensions spread out.

I would rather see them all get a second contract than for us to throw huge dollars at a "#1" WR.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, RichStadiumGuy said:

And is that Ronald Darby's name I see down there? This guy is still playing professional football?

I had the exact same thought when I saw his name.

Other thoughts:

• Benford is a beast
  • Tre White is definitely not fully back from injury, and unfortunately, may never get back to his peak form
  • Sauce Gardner has a cool nickname
Edited by msw2112