More Impressive 2-0 Start: Bills or Chiefs?

theRalph

Sometimes i wonder if the refs officiate Kansas City games as if the Chiefs are supposed to win.  Not something they do consciously, but it's like subconscious calls or non-calls go in their favor late.  Like the other day when Mahomes threw a pick, but they called Cinci on a very nitpicky defensive hold to negate the INT.  Then a few plays later the Cinci DB had the spectacular one handed interception.  The Bengals had to do it twice.  That's why it was incredible that Kadarius Toney was flagged in our regular season game at Arrowhead.  It was really a rare thing to help the Bills win.

That being said, I think both 2-0 starts are a wash.  KC has played two AFC heavyweights.  I think Baltimore and Cinci will ultimately be in the playoffs.  Arizona looks like a nice win and Miami sucks but it was at their house which counts for something. 

On 9/16/2024 at 2:22 PM, 90sBills said:

This probably means we all want to see Cincy and not Mia in the playoffs right?

Hell no. I'd rather see Miami in the playoffs than the Bengals.

Even at their best, we have Miami's number. The Bengals are a bad match up for the Bills.

Also, Chiefs start is more impressive.

Don't lie - If the Bills started the season by beating both Lamar Jackson & Joe Burrow, we'd say that's far more impressive than beating Kyler Murray & Tua/Thompson. 

I don't care about their records. The Bengals & Ravens are better wins than Cardinals & Dolphins.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Even at their best, we have Miami's number. The Bengals are a bad match up for the Bills.

Don't lie - If the Bills started the season by beating both Lamar Jackson & Joe Burrow, we'd say that's far more impressive than beating Kyler Murray & Tua/Thompson. 

I don't care about their records. The Bengals & Ravens are better wins than Cardinals & Dolphins.

What?!? But Cincy and Balt are 0-4! They’re cupcakes.

Btw I agree with you. 

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Kc has some pretty big Oline issues and the best player on offense not named Mahomes or Kelce is hurt for a significant time in Pacheco.  Without a run game.  Puts a bit more on Kelce and Rice. 

Its early but Kelce hasn't been all that great so far. Hopefully age starts catching up with him. That would be a big blow for the Chiefs offense.

17 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Honestly, i'd love to see the Bills play Cincy in the playoffs.......i think the Bengals and KC are our progress barometer for the post season. Two teams we cannot beat in past seasons and yet, we should be able to match up well.

19 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Its early but Kelce hasn't been all that great so far. Hopefully age starts catching up with him. That would be a big blow for the Chiefs offense.

They are trying to coast him to the playoffs.  I dont think they want to over use him early and zap his legs for another run.  The AFC looks the most open.  I think Buffalo has a shot at the 1 seed and bye.  I think that would do wonders for the defense and overall team health.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/16/2024 at 1:37 PM, uninja said:

September is a liar far too often, let's check back on this in 6 weeks imho. I've seen the Chiefs look pretty meh to start the season but eventually sort themselves out enough times by now.

That's true but so have the Bills and if this young group of players that they have this season happens to have the switch go on getting the reps they need while others are hurt the Bills will be a very tough out for any of the other teams on their schedule . 

But i do agree it is way to early to start saying who is better than who the past has proven that but i'm very optimistic that the Bills will be right there again at the end of the season ad if Millano can come back healthy with Von looking as good as he has along with the youth getting better the sky's the limit !! 

GO BILLS !!