More Impressive 2-0 Start: Bills or Chiefs?

theRalph

These early season games are more to stack wins for the future playoff seedings, yes we are scoring more and allowing less scoring than other teams, all good signs, but it’s early yet, gotta keep stacking wins, 👍

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why would anyone want to be an optimist? The entire concept is based on blind faith that things will magically work out even if you're not doing anything to address it.

I'm a realist. When there is cause for me to be excited, I will be.

After the Broncos loss you said there was a 0% chance the Bills would make the playoffs.  That's a pessimist.  Not a realist.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I will if it is. The expectation is that they should win 11+ games. Sorry if I'm not excited when they beat bad teams in September.

You should be happy they are winning, but being grumpy about winning is so awesome…, lol, 

nuthin but luv, but lighten up dude, it’s a game, 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

The way Baltimore and Arizona looked yesterday I'd give the edge to the Bills.  We seem to be obsessed with the Chiefs though.

If gonna be the best you gotta beat the best.

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Vikings being 2-0 upsets me, we need that early 2nd round pick and they are ruining it!!!!!!

How soon before Darnold sees ghosts or gets hurt?

Just now, Doc Brown said:

After the Broncos loss you said there was a 0% chance the Bills would make the playoffs.  That's a pessimist.  Not a realist.

Just because I was wrong doesn't make me a pessimist.

My underlying thesis is that under this regime, we are not a team designed to win in big moments under tough conditions. In order to make the playoffs last year, we needed to win out after losing to Denver. I figured that would be all but impossible given how poorly prepared the team was. In the weeks that followed they looked downright awful playing against Easton Stick and Bailey Zappe nearly losing both games. I watched them almost throw away the Tampa game, Fall to the NYG level and win a war of attrition, get panted by the Jaguars, etc.

I was wrong that they wouldn't make the playoffs. 100% They were still a severely flawed team that wasn't built to win a championship and they didn't.

That's why this is all pre-season. We could go 17-0 and I won't be much more excited than if they go 11-6. The only thing that matters to me is, are they a legitimate threat to win a Super Bowl? For me, based on the team personnel, coaching staff, and front office I can't find any way that doesn't involve injuries to opposing teams or massive upsets, in games we aren't a part of, to rationally think the answer is yes so far. That's been my opinion for most of the last 30 years with some exceptions (99,08,20,21). It's not some Eeyore, woe is me opinion. It's based entirely on their decisions and performance.

• Eyeroll 1