Bryce Young already benched in Carolina

mushypeaches

Way over drafted.

No reason for them to take a chance on pick #1 on an undersized QB from of all schools, Alabama.  Biggest break the Texans ever got was the selection of Bryce Young over CJ Stroud.  You cant coach size.

Carolina in the driver seat to do it all over again in next years draft.  The team is in shambles.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder who made the call in the 2023 draft to take Young over Stroud?  The former GM, or the owner?

What a disaster compounded by the fact that they traded up to take him. 

It seems like it was the owner.  Anyway this shoudl be the third year in a row they get the first pick and this year I think they still have it.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Agree 5

There are two levels of Busts for top 10 picks in the first round..

The first level is picks who are NFL caliber players, but were disappointing in production compared to where they were picked. Examples of this would be David Carr, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold or for a non QB, Marcell Dareus. Had they been 3rd or 4th round picks, they would be seen differently, but more was expected based on being a top pick.

The second level those that are so bad that they do not belong in the NFL as a starter or a backup. This would be more for the likes of JaMarcus Russell, Josh Rosen, Zach Wilson or for a non QB Aaron Maybin (not quite a top ten, but still a great example).

From what I have seen so far in Bryce Young, he appears to be in the latter category.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I wonder who made the call in the 2023 draft to take Young over Stroud?  The former GM, or the owner?

What a disaster compounded by the fact that they traded up to take him. 

If I recall, most of the rumor mill stuff I read say it was Tepper getting involved that made Bruce Young "the guy"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

That's coming from the owner, 100%

Just said Exactly the opposite on local radio here. Canales,Morgan and some other guy……

But, I think you’re right.

Tepper forced this bum on Reich last year when Stroud was reportedly his desired pick.

Oy vey😵

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Not surprised.  He has not looked at all like an NFL QB since he stepped on the field.  I do question if it's the organization or him though.  Baker Mayfield got benched there too and immediately looked legit when he came in to the Rams in season and then signed with TB and has now established himself as a legit starter.  Sam Darnold was trash there, but in Minny looks like he has more to offer still.

While he has looked terrible, that organization has specialized in making QB's look terrible for a while...much like the Bears have.  So, I won't condemn his career just yet until I see if another organization can turn his career around.

I find it hilarious that Baker is doing so well while teams like Cle and Car are floundering with terrible QB play after giving up so much to get a different QB instead of realizing it was them as organizations that sucked.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 2

I don't think this is Tepper move, personally.

I think it's Canales. The quickest way to lose a locker room is to play an obviously inferior quarterback who isn't up to the task. The players have eyes. They can surely see that Dalton is better than Young, and that Young isn't good enough right now. 

If you're trying to build a winning culture and earn the trust of the players, the LAST thing you can do is keep playing Young just because he was a high pick. He's been SO bad that Canales had no choice but to bench him.

If anything, I'd think Tepper would be pushing for Young to KEEP starting, so that they could try to see some return on their draft capital investment. Furthermore, starting 36-year-old Andy Dalton isn't exactly a needle mover in terms of ticket and merchandise sales.

No. To me, this is a Canales move.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1