Chief's RB Pacheco out with Fractured Fibula - Reid now unsure if he will return this year

Big Turk

Well that sucks for them but at least it's not just the Bills that are losing players . I feel that in some ways it may be because of the shortened or easier off season, use to be with the extra preseason game and the hitting in camp they didn't need as much time to get into as they call it "game shape" which i think is a thing .

It's been said in some interviews and shows i listen to that the D especially because they don't hit in camp it takes a couple of games for them to get use to getting & giving out hits because their bodies are just in practice shape not Football or game shape and i believe that might have something to do with it .

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, T master said:

Well that sucks for them but at least it's not just the Bills that are losing players . I feel that in some ways it may be because of the shortened or easier off season, use to be with the extra preseason game and the hitting in camp they didn't need as much time to get into as they call it "game shape" which i think is a thing .

It's been said in some interviews and shows i listen to that the D especially because they don't hit in camp it takes a couple of games for them to get use to getting & giving out hits because their bodies are just in practice shape not Football or game shape and i believe that might have something to do with it .

There is generally a fine line between game shape and…………broken. The human body was not meant….we’ve all heard it. 

The guys who amaze me the most in sports are not the flashy guys as much as the guy who plays NFL football for 10-15 years and only misses a few plays. You see that in some linemen, and those guys are just bad asses. That is superhuman to me. 

I think they need to do more to expand rosters and PS flexibility with these longer seasons. They will go to 18 games, and it would be criminal if teams don’t get two bye weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

I had surgery on my left foot so I missed freshman football in HS. I had to have the surgery again right before sophomore year, so I missed that too. As a junior we had a scrimmage against Amherst and a kid rolled up on my leg. It hurt like hell at the time, but as a junior I was the new guy. Carry on. My english teacher/trainer (SJCI) keeps taping my ankle, but it’s never high enough. I say that’s not it! He may have been angry with me for coming back the day he left the pre-tape off. 😂 

I go for a follow up appointment for the foot surgery with Dr Joyce (Braves team doctor) and when I walk in he says, “you’re limping on the wrong side” and sends me down for X-rays. The next thing he tells me is the break to my fibula is starting to heal, but I should take it easy. 

The whole thing was worth it to see the look on my “trainers” face when I said “thanks for all the taping, but I have a broken leg.”  That is priceless for a pissed off teenager. No pre-tape my ass! 

Edited by Augie

• Big Turk changed the title to Chief's RB Pacheco out 6-8 weeks with Fractured Fibula, surgery coming - going on IR

Heard on a show where they were talking about injuries that he will be having surgery and going on IR and the minimum time is 6 weeks for the injury to heal up after surgery but expecting 8 and if there is associated ligament damage like there often is when they get in that has to be repaired, it could be even longer than that.

https://www.aol.com/chiefs-sign-former-rb-kareem-195215503.html

To practice squad it appears according to insider.

The Kansas City Chiefs will sign running back Kareem Hunt to their practice squad

Surprise! Surprise!

Given the two sides’ history, the Chiefs reuniting with Hunt is somewhat surprising.

KC drafted Hunt in the third round of the 2017 NFL Draft, and he started every game over two productive seasons before video surfaced of an off-field incident where he shoved and kicked a woman.

Hunt later admitted that he was not honest with the Chiefs when they spoke to him about the incident. The Chiefs released him in late November of 2018, saying in a statement, “Kareem was not truthful in those discussions (with Chiefs management). The video released today confirms that fact. We are releasing Kareem immediately.”

Chiefs owner Clark Hunt told reporters a week later that the team was “shocked by the video” and that “everyone was on board” with releasing him.

Nobody better is available?

Bills likely have three RBs better than all the RBs Chiefs have available.

• Carson Steele, rookie who lost fumble in game Sunday
  • Samaje Perine, who was signed recently after being released by the Denver Broncos learning playbook
  • Hunt who disappointed them before on practice and will be called up to test him when he knows playbook.

7 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

• Samaje Perine, who was signed recently after being released by the Denver Broncos learning playbook
  • Hunt who disappointed them before on practice and will be called up to test him when he knows playbook.

Chiefs fans probably claim they have better individual linebackers than we do, and yet McDermott keeps getting high-level production out of third-stringers.  Andy Reid does the same thing with offensive skill players.  Also, a lot of their guys would be (and have been) pedestrian elsewhere.  Who's the last KC RB or WR who did anything anywhere else after leaving?

30 minutes ago, BRH said:

Chiefs fans probably claim they have better individual linebackers than we do, and yet McDermott keeps getting high-level production out of third-stringers.  Andy Reid does the same thing with offensive skill players.  Also, a lot of their guys would be (and have been) pedestrian elsewhere.  Who's the last KC RB or WR who did anything anywhere else after leaving?

Well K. Hunt did 841 yards for Browns in 2nd year (2018) he was with Chiefs similar to 824 yards in 2nd year (2020) with Browns.

• Big Turk changed the title to Chief's RB Pacheco out with Fractured Fibula - Reid now unsure if will return this year

If there is a consolation prize, they were able to bring Hunt back who was highly prouductive with them and only got released due to trouble with the law and getting caught on video doing bad stuff...which seems pretty common for KC.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him tear it up. He can still play I am sure, and he knows the offense well and is a great fit.

8 hours ago, BRH said:

I mean his WR production last year was not great...no receiver had 1000 yards, not even Kelce.

• Big Turk changed the title to Chief's RB Pacheco out with Fractured Fibula - Reid now unsure if he will return this year
21 hours ago, Augie said:

I think they need to do more to expand rosters and PS flexibility with these longer seasons. They will go to 18 games, and it would be criminal if teams don’t get two bye weeks. 

I think that they should be able to have 53-55 active on game day, and increase the number of PS callups before a player has to go on the active roster.  Bills for example have been playing a lot of dime due to LB injuries.  Doesn't take too many in game injuries to be very short handed in the defensive backfield.

9 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Expect to see Worthy [4.21 40] run the Tyreek jet sweep,  his speed is a mismatch for the current group of Bills DB's.

9 hours ago, BRH said:

Tyreek hill? 

On 9/16/2024 at 11:33 AM, HansLanda said:

non weight-bearing bone, Travis Henry played with one. Not a Milano injury at all. 

Technically true. But if you research it a little more you will find that, depending upon the severity of the break, he could still be out for a long time

non weight-bearing bone, Travis Henry played with one. Not a Milano injury at all. 

Technically true. But if you research it a little more you will find that, depending upon the severity of the break, he could still be out for a long time

Technically true. But if you research it a little more you will find that, depending upon the severity of the break, he could still be out for a long time.

Sorry for the multiple posts. My phone was telling me it wasn’t posted. Then I checked and saw that it was, many times.  Whoops.😀