Strange thing I noticed about Mike McDaniel

steven50

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Diagnosing someone you don’t know is kinda effed up. Pretty dangerous game to play. 

The man played football at Yale, one of the best offensive coaches in the nfl, and is in the top 1% of his profession. He’s doing ok. 

Not diagnosing anyone. I would hope he wouldn't come to me for advice or medical evaluation. 

This is a message board.  I have an opinion. Not sure I see the danger 

Also, not sure I ever stated he wasn't ok.

I'm not gonna get into a whole thing that about labels and how society thinks of labels as bad and has this preconceived idea people on the the spectrum are in some way less than, when in fact it's the opposite.  

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

How do you have time to learn all this crap?

Because he has watches that keep him on schedule!

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

That's his father... Sounds like you have some weird issue against bi-racial people.

MM.thumb.jpg.2d92e36ea75975503ade11cf3df5dc33.jpg

What?

Y'all are f****** with me right?

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Simon said:

Because he has watches that keep him on schedule!

What?

Y'all are f****** with me right?

The picture is of the actor James McDaniel.   Mike McDaniel's father died in a car accident went he was four years old.  Here is a picture from Mike McDaniel's parents' wedding:

https://www.naijanews.com/buzz/people/who-mike-mcdaniels-parents-everything-miami-dolphins-coach-family/

mike-mcdaniel-parents-photo.thumb.jpg.12c1368e198b454f1bf396bde8e6248e.jpg

Pictures of McDaniels' parents on the internet often show his mother and stepfather who is white.

Edited by Billy Claude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Billy Claude said:

The picture is of the actor James McDaniel.   Mike McDaniel's father died in a car accident went he was four years old.  Here is a picture from the wedding:

https://www.naijanews.com/buzz/people/who-mike-mcdaniels-parents-everything-miami-dolphins-coach-family/

mike-mcdaniel-parents-photo.thumb.jpg.12c1368e198b454f1bf396bde8e6248e.jpg

Thank you.

I never would have guessed that he had any brother in him.

2 hours ago, TBBills Fan said:

Not diagnosing anyone. I would hope he wouldn't come to me for advice or medical evaluation. 

This is a message board.  I have an opinion. Not sure I see the danger 

Also, not sure I ever stated he wasn't ok.

I'm not gonna get into a whole thing that about labels and how society thinks of labels as bad and has this preconceived idea people on the the spectrum are in some way less than, when in fact it's the opposite.  

I mean I'm not going to say people on the spectrum are any less of a person not on it .. we're all people

But yeah I do think it's a slippery slope to just internet diagnose someone and say they might have autism because of what you might see of them on TV 

Yes people with autism are normal humans

But nobody needs to internet diagnose someone who is not looking for a diagnosis 

Edited by Buffalo716

13 hours ago, steven50 said:

It was over 80 degrees with high humidity Thursday during the Bills Dolphins game.

1.thumb.jpg.db43e22eb50ba9f9ecf7113586fb69bd.jpg

Am I the only one that that thought it was weird that Mike McDaniel was wearing a hoodie?

Chance of rain for that night.

1 hour ago, Bad Things said:

I’ve been to places where it’s in the 80s and I’m sweating my butt off, while other people were wearing down coats. Seriously 

Your body adjusts to the climate you are in.  You get something you aren’t used to your body reacts.

my brother has lived in nashville for 30 yrs. When he is in buffalo over summer and the days is a high of upper 70s and low innthr upper 50s hr may have a jacket or sweathshirrt on while the rest of us are without a jacket on.

I’ve know a few who live in Florida and will put on jackets if it’s slightly colder than normal 

Edited by djp14150
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Bad Things said:

I’ve been to places where it’s in the 80s and I’m sweating my butt off, while other people were wearing down coats. Seriously 

Like South Florida in January and February.

I’m wearing shorts and a t-shirt, and others are wearing gloves, tuques, etc…

McDaniel's "genius innovative system" didn't change the game of football any more that Clif Kingsbury's Air Raid system did, when the Cardinals brought him over with the drafting of Murray. McDaniel was exposed by midseason last year, and they've done nothing to change, or adapt their identity.

I've also lost a lot of respect for McDaniel as a coach, and a teammate for the way the Fish have handled Tua. (Chris Grier, also.) They've known as well as anybody Tua's risk of concussion, and yet allowed their already crappy O-line to take a step backwards over the offseason. Their negligence is disgusting. I know that Tua's latest injury was not a direct result of having no O-line, but a moderate hit to a 190lb safety causing that fencing response really highlights how irresponsible it is for the Fish to have so little protection for Tua in the trenches. Designing a system where Tua gets rid of the ball as fast as possible is not an adequate substitute for a competent O-line.

I very much hope there is an injury settlement being negotiated behind the scenes, or Tua's brain is going to end up a bowl of mashed potatoes.