Strange thing I noticed about Mike McDaniel

steven50

1 hour ago, chris heff said:

When he was first on camera Thursday night I commented on his attire. I live in south Florida and it was hot. People working outside will wear long sleeves and even hoodies, but that is for sun protection. Since the game was at night and even if it was a day game, home team side of the field is shaded, so sun protection wasn’t the reason. I think it is a fashion statement. It not like we haven’t seen coaches wear weird outfits before. Belichick wearing hoodies with cut off sleeves comes to mind. Do you think he couldn’t tell whom ever to make him short sleeved hoodies?

I miss old days when coaches would wear suits.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, boyst said:

i respect him for quitting his addiction. that's it. addiction is hard. he was a dumbass party boy who is now just a dumbass fraud.

he's a parody of trying to be cool. like he read the manual of what looks cool but has no style.

I had no idea he battled alcoholism. 

I would never disrespect or make fun of anyone battling an addiction. 

That said - I still stand by everything I’ve stated/opined, as none of has to do with anything related to his addiction battle. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

FWIW, my wife consistently wears sweatshirts and long pants in the house, even when the air is set to 75 degrees or higher. If I put it lower, she puts on a winter jacket. She is literally cold all the time. I don't understand it. Maybe McDaniel is also just cold all the time? Low iron? I don't know. This thread is funny. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, boater said:

What he said about the impact of quitting booze:

“All of a sudden my product as a human being, as a husband, as a coach, was a completely better product..."

Sobering up is a life changing event. You become a better person without alcohol as your crutch. Good for him. I won't be so snarky now that I know what he has been through.

Not that impressive IMO 

He's not sober

He changed vices 

Edited by Guns N' Rosen
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, MPL said:

FWIW, my wife consistently wears sweatshirts and long pants in the house, even when the air is set to 75 degrees or higher. If I put it lower, she puts on a winter jacket. She is literally cold all the time. I don't understand it. Maybe McDaniel is also just cold all the time? Low iron? I don't know. This thread is funny. 

Your wife would be wearing a winter parka in my house 

At one point this summer, we were rolling at 68⁰ 

Setting the thermostat at 70⁰ seems to satiate everyone's climate needs 

The wife isn't sweating and I can feel my toes again (I hate wearing socks)

56 minutes ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

Last season, my friend that works in the NFL told me that McDaniel is a really good guy and is well liked around the league.  He also told me that he is naturally quirky and is actually the guy we see him as in public.  He also told me that he may be too nice to be working in this capacity leading a team.  He may not have it in him to drop the hammer on players that need a swift kick in the butt.  I think we may be seeing that with the under performing talent on his team.

This makes a lot of sense. Listening to his speeches I can see that.  He leads type A/alphas and there has to be a line between friend and coach

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Ayjent said:

The guy is unorthodox, but he may be Autistic so i dont want to throw too much shade at him for it.   He is a good coach but he definitely has an odd way about him. 

think he's a good coordinator,  don't think he's close to being a top coach and he'll be back to being an oc

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, steven50 said:

It was over 80 degrees with high humidity Thursday during the Bills Dolphins game.

1.thumb.jpg.db43e22eb50ba9f9ecf7113586fb69bd.jpg

Am I the only one that that thought it was weird that Mike McDaniel was wearing a hoodie?

Drug addiction, he’s so skinny he can’t maintain body temperature, you can smell his fear through the Interwebs plus a severe case of dorkyness , plus and most importantly I don’t like him, 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Dude just tries too hard to be cool and hip, and at least to me, it comes off as being corny and cringy.

The "I wish it were colder" thing was prime Miami unseriousness.  They got their wish, against KC in the playoffs last year.  How did that work out?

His demeanour is certainly most annoying. And I really don't see evidence of him being a good HC. The most recent example is the terrible mis management of the clock prior to the half against us. I was surprised (and pleasantly so) when their approach was so lackadaisical at that point of the game, down by a lot. 

He is a better OC than HC, my bet is he is fired after this season. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, steven50 said:

It was over 80 degrees with high humidity Thursday during the Bills Dolphins game.

1.thumb.jpg.db43e22eb50ba9f9ecf7113586fb69bd.jpg

Am I the only one that that thought it was weird that Mike McDaniel was wearing a hoodie?

My 15 year old daughter said "he looks like the kind of guy that would put something in your drink". I commended her for having good instincts.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1