Strange thing I noticed about Mike McDaniel

steven50

19 minutes ago, boyst said:

it's what kids do now. seriously. kids all summer long wore hoodies, black socks and crocs, with their shorts. wearing a hoodie - especially with it up - is cool.

this generation is cooked. the kids are ######ed. or in their lingo, they're skibidi toilet straight ohio with no riz. no cap.

Said some members of every older generation ever.   It's not a new thing, but I think that the increasing pace of change in today's world makes the changes between generations more noticeable.   People don't like change, and young people doing things differently seriously chaps some old (and some not so old) geezers' butts.

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Said some members of every older generation ever.   It's not a new thing, but I think that the increasing pace of change in today's world makes the changes between generations more noticeable.   People don't like change, and young people doing things differently seriously chaps some old (and some not so old) geezers' butts.

This generation is the 4th turn. They're cooked. They're gonna cook the rest of us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

He’s not autistic.

He’s an arrogant, pretentious douchebag. 

The fake tan (so he can double down on being African American for job security), the stupid oversized watches, the ridiculous looking glasses … everything he does is either because it’s “in” or because it helps with his ridiculous “identity.”

He’s an a-hole.  

It’s nice to see you bash another coach.  Made me almost weep.  I printed this and hung it up on my wall.  Unless…..  

• Haha (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

I can’t tell if you just made up nonsense words at the end of it or if you have kids and know some new cool kid lingo. 😂 My little  dude is 8 months old this week. I can’t imagine the new words that will exist when he gets to that age. 

Those are real words. I have been paying attention to this stuff because nieces, nephews are 7-16, stepson is 9, daughter is almost 2.

Ohio is bad.

Skibidi is bad

Skibidi toilet is really bad

Riz or ris is charisma, like you got charm for the ladies you got riz

Cap is a lie

No cap is no lie

Body count is how many people you've had as partners, in young people having both male and female partners means you're cool

Ate is to do well

Fit is what you're wearing

Drip is if it looks good

Low key is to pretend something is subtle

Sigma is a cool dude who isn't with the in crowd, unafraid to be themselves but cool nonetheless as an outsider 

Thirsty is wanting attention however you can get it, whether pursuing or seeking

Yeet is to act out in anger

Ratio'd is to be stupid getting more bad than good while trying to look good or cool having the reality of failure. Derived from Twitter when something is posted and thought to sound cool but the comments outweigh the reactions/retweets because it was a bad take.

Simp is someone who is desperate or whipped

**** is someone who enjoys being subservient 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

When he was first on camera Thursday night I commented on his attire. I live in south Florida and it was hot. People working outside will wear long sleeves and even hoodies, but that is for sun protection. Since the game was at night and even if it was a day game, home team side of the field is shaded, so sun protection wasn’t the reason. I think it is a fashion statement. It not like we haven’t seen coaches wear weird outfits before. Belichick wearing hoodies with cut off sleeves comes to mind. Do you think he couldn’t tell whom ever to make him short sleeved hoodies?

28 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It’s nice to see you bash another coach.  Made me almost weep.  I printed this and hung it up on my wall.  Unless…..  

I don’t care about him as a coach. He is irrelevant as a coach. 

I lost all respect for him when he said Tua had a “back” injury and sent him back into the field.

He’s an opportunist, a fraud and a subpar human being. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I lost all respect for him when he said Tua had a “back” injury and sent him back into the field.

Agreed on my part

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

As a Watch collector myself, I would agree on the Watch size. However, he normally wears a Breitling Navitimer. I have two of them and they are a standard watch size of 41mm. Though they do come in larger sizes but I’m pretty sure his solid gold one is a 41. It just looks huge because he’s a tiny man. Smaller watches are also making a big comeback - my wife just bought me an omega from my birth year (1980) so it is only 36mm but looks great. 

All that to say, it’s not the watch that’s huge, it’s him that’s tiny, and he needs to go for a more size appropriate watch. But it’s Miami which is literally the epicenter douchey watches. 

I am oddly impressed by this post.  So many things...the watch info is one thing, but I did not even know there were douchey watches, much less that there was an epicenter for them, much less that it was Miami, although it kind of makes sense.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

What he said about the impact of quitting booze:

“All of a sudden my product as a human being, as a husband, as a coach, was a completely better product..."

Sobering up is a life changing event. You become a better person without alcohol as your crutch. Good for him. I won't be so snarky now that I know what he has been through.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

i respect him for quitting his addiction. that's it. addiction is hard. he was a dumbass party boy who is now just a dumbass fraud.

he's a parody of trying to be cool. like he read the manual of what looks cool but has no style.

Last season, my friend that works in the NFL told me that McDaniel is a really good guy and is well liked around the league.  He also told me that he is naturally quirky and is actually the guy we see him as in public.  He also told me that he may be too nice to be working in this capacity leading a team.  He may not have it in him to drop the hammer on players that need a swift kick in the butt.  I think we may be seeing that with the under performing talent on his team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I don't think you've seen any of this younger generation, have you. All these kids wearing pants, hoodies, beanies, when it's the middle of summer and 100° outside. Makes no sense to me at all. Even my two boys do it. 

I was the Florida/Miami game a few weeks ago.  90 degrees, sunny, humid and a 330 kickoff. 

Every recruit on the field level was wearing a hoodie.. most of them black hoodies, with the hood up. 

• Like (+1) 1

Knock him as a coach all we want - but how insecure is this board if we're bashing him for the way he dresses on the sideline? 

We're 12-1 vs them in our last 13 games, but for whatever reason the Dolphins still occupy a huge part of our headspace.  Lets just be happy that his poor game management, figured-out offensive scheme, and leaderless roster is in our division.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Knock him as a coach all we want - but how insecure is this board if we're bashing him for the way he dresses on the sideline? 

We're 12-1 vs them in our last 13 games, but for whatever reason the Dolphins still occupy a huge part of our headspace.  Lets just be happy that his poor game management, figured-out offensive scheme, and leaderless roster is in our division.

I was coming here to say this haha I’m a big sweatshirt in any weather guy and think he’s a really interesting guy in a good way.  I don’t think he’s a very good coach though