Mahomes passing chart this week is sad

Scott7975

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

They’re taking what the defense is giving, which is what made Belichick and Brady so successful. 

McDermott and Allen should take a page (as many of us have said for many years, now). 

So the defense isnt even giving a yard? Thats one hell of a defense.

Edited by Scott7975

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They’re taking what the defense is giving, which is what made Belichick and Brady so successful. 

McDermott and Allen should take a page (as many of us have said for many years, now). 

In general, sure. But when that approach leaves you relying on converting a 4th and 16 to not lose Im not sold its a great strategy. Reid never really tried anything yesterday to dictate to the defense. If theu were up 10 points all day, fine. But they weren't. It was poorly coached game that they got away with on offense.

2 hours ago, uninja said:

I think they're learning to work around it, Mahomes gets the ball out quick most of the time and they lean on their run game with Pacheco and short passes to the perimeter to stretch defenses and get YAC. Their play design on offense seems to always result in someone getting lost and finding an open spot in the zone. You still can't really blitz Mahomes easily and he's a master at eluding the rush and sensing where pressure is coming from, he's also still quite mobile and if you whiff on him he'll take off or roll out and find someone open on a scramble drill.

I mean look at the game, they turned it over 3 times, Mahomes played pretty meh all things considered and they STILL found a way to win that game by forcing CIN to FGs and always keeping the score close.

Well Mahones' offense have 18 men on field; they have not been able to convince some of them to start red and yellow from their usual black and white.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes under 10 yards.  Half of his passes were thrown behind the LoS or at. Half of what was left was thrown under 5 yards.  1/3 of what was left was an INT. Another 1/3 and incompletion.  IOW I never seen a Mahomes offense lack this much balls. 

Nobody is trying to put down Mahomes.  Holy crap dude.

BS, this board loves trying to discount how good Mahomes has been. It started with him throwing interceptions in training camp his first year as a starter. 

but I agree that last years 2nd regular season game was a huge game for KC and very memorable in the long run.

4 hours ago, Sweats said:

All i know is that i just watched the KC-Bengals highlights and why do they show Taylor Swift every 2 minutes........in the highlights of the game. I can see showing Swift periodically during the actual game, but why show anything with her during the highlights?

#disgusting

T Swift is the Chief's version of the Anaheim Angel's rally monkey of the early 00's 

I STILL hate that GD monkey 

22 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

BS, this board loves trying to discount how good Mahomes has been. It started with him throwing interceptions in training camp his first year as a starter. 

but I agree that last years 2nd regular season game was a huge game for KC and very memorable in the long run.

I started this thread and it wasn’t about how bad Mahomes was. It was about how I was shocked about their gameplan to basically just throw handoffs behind the los when they have the best qb in the league. It was an I was surprised thing. Not a I think Mahomes sucks thing. 

you’re way too sensitive for other QBs. 

Edited by Scott7975

Probably not worth its own thread but still interesting. I don't know who the guy is or how accurat those data are but it seems reasonable.

If true, since 2018 Mahomes has 16 INTs called back, and 8 of them due offside, so most likely he knew about the flag and thus those shouldn't be counted. That leaves 8 more. Allen has 5 in that span.

It is not that bad as my memory tells it is, but he still leads the league in nullified INTs.

Edited by No_Matter_What