Mahomes passing chart this week is sad

Scott7975

Still very early but I wonder if the Chiefs are regretting not taking a LT with their 1st pick. Worthy is a luxury for them and doesn't look ready to contribute as anything more than a gadget player. Suamataia looks lost out there and was ultimately benched, and his replacement then immediately got a hands to the face penalty that wiped out a 4th down conversion. They made it work last year with bad tackle play but eventually that kind of vulnerability has to catch up to you, right?

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

This might be the most pathetic looking passing chart I've ever seen.  Their entire offense has shifted to throwing behind the los.  Im not even saying anything against Mahomes here. You have MAHOMES.  Throwing all his passes behind the los.  Ok its not all but its half of his passes.  He only threw 6 passes past the 5 yard line and 2 of them were INTS. 2 of them incompletions.  Also a tight game like that and only 25 passes. Only 151 yards. 

I had to go look because I remember commenting on it in the game that he hadnt thrown a pass past the LoS.  It was pathetic.

pass-chart_MAH401939_2024-REG-2_17264471

They clearly have no idea what they’re doing, as indicated by back-to-back Lombardis and a 2-0 start this year. 

They suck!!

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Still very early but I wonder if the Chiefs are regretting not taking a LT with their 1st pick. Worthy is a luxury for them and doesn't look ready to contribute as anything more than a gadget player. Suamataia looks lost out there and was ultimately benched, and his replacement then immediately got a hands to the face penalty that wiped out a 4th down conversion. They made it work last year with bad tackle play but eventually that kind of vulnerability has to catch up to you, right?

I think they're learning to work around it, Mahomes gets the ball out quick most of the time and they lean on their run game with Pacheco and short passes to the perimeter to stretch defenses and get YAC. Their play design on offense seems to always result in someone getting lost and finding an open spot in the zone. You still can't really blitz Mahomes easily and he's a master at eluding the rush and sensing where pressure is coming from, he's also still quite mobile and if you whiff on him he'll take off or roll out and find someone open on a scramble drill.

I mean look at the game, they turned it over 3 times, Mahomes played pretty meh all things considered and they STILL found a way to win that game by forcing CIN to FGs and always keeping the score close.

8 minutes ago, uninja said:

I mean look at the game, they turned it over 3 times, Mahomes played pretty meh all things considered and they STILL found a way to win that game by forcing CIN to FGs and always keeping the score close.

Yeah you can win a lot of games when your defense and your kicker repeatedly make clutch plays. It's how they won a Super Bowl last year. Burrow unfortunately made too many mistakes of his own so they couldn't capitalize on the Chiefs mistakes. You have to play almost a perfect game against them.

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They picked on aj klein pretty much the whole game against us…it’s honestly pretty crazy that game was as close as it was with such a huge liability on the field.  I figured they’d blow us out when I was watching everyone get injured in the Steelers game the week before 🤣

obviously you’ve gotta figure out how to win with the guys you have available but I really doubt the chiefs win that one if we had one more decent linebacker available 

Agreed

Bengals are a tough matchup for both KC and Buffalo for whatever reason, and prove the old saying that the NFL is all about matchups. 

Burrow is 1-5 against the Browns in his career, yet people were calling KC's stadium Burrowhead because of how the Bengals always seemed to win against KC. 

This is why playoff seedings and matchups matter. Think of NE's Super Bowl runs where all they had to do was win 2 homes games vs the Titans and Jaguars and they're back in the SB. 

If the Bills secure the #1 seed and things fall a certain way it could be wins at home against the Jets and Texans (or something similar).

Or it could be Wildcard Week vs Cin, then the Ravens, then KC. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

3 hours ago, djp14150 said:

They might play more 2 TE keep-ring a TE to help LT with late releases for dump offs like RBs do

KC has bern for yearsA short passing team relying on YAC where much of their passes are under 10 yards.

Yes under 10 yards.  Half of his passes were thrown behind the LoS or at. Half of what was left was thrown under 5 yards.  1/3 of what was left was an INT. Another 1/3 and incompletion.  IOW I never seen a Mahomes offense lack this much balls. 

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Still trying ways to put down a 3 time SB champ? This makes us look sad. 

Nobody is trying to put down Mahomes.  Holy crap dude.

11 hours ago, Brand J said:

They’re definitely a small ball offense right now and that’s because they don’t trust their OTs and besides Rice, Pat doesn’t have any real dynamic receiving threats. Kelce isn’t what he used to be and Worthy is a rookie still trying to figure it out. Screens, 0-5 yard passes, and rushes, it’s how they’re primarily moving the ball. 

What about Xaiver Worthy that most on the TBD board were screaming at Beane for allowing him to get picked by the Chiefs.  Isn't he the ultimate speed/depth WR?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

They clearly have no idea what they’re doing, as indicated by back-to-back Lombardis and a 2-0 start this year. 

They suck!!

Not even what I am saying at all.  Its just surprising to see a team that has the best QB in the league not actually throw the football.

11 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Their LT situation is going to be that team’s downfall. Unless the rookie improves massively it’s a big liability. Hendrickson bullied him all game long. 

It’s not like the Trent Dilfer’s Ravens offense. They still managed to score enough points when needed to win all their playoffs games last year. 

Not if their LT is allowed to hold all game.  Hendrickson was collared or clotheslined every play.  

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

They should’ve lost that game single handedly because of that LT…there was a pretty egregious hold on nearly every play lol 

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Weird, there are only 23 passes documented on that chart. Where are the other 2? They should be incompletions.

Good catch. Yeah they would be incompletions. Perhaps they were throwaways out of bounds or they hit the same spot as another play so you cant see them.  Its also possible they made a mistake. I dont the answer though.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Not even what I am saying at all.  Its just surprising to see a team that has the best QB in the league not actually throw the football.

They’re taking what the defense is giving, which is what made Belichick and Brady so successful. 

McDermott and Allen should take a page (as many of us have said for many years, now).