Mahomes passing chart this week is sad

Scott7975

This might be the most pathetic looking passing chart I've ever seen.  Their entire offense has shifted to throwing behind the los.  Im not even saying anything against Mahomes here. You have MAHOMES.  Throwing all his passes behind the los.  Ok its not all but its half of his passes.  He only threw 6 passes past the 5 yard line and 2 of them were INTS. 2 of them incompletions.  Also a tight game like that and only 25 passes. Only 151 yards. 

I had to go look because I remember commenting on it in the game that he hadnt thrown a pass past the LoS.  It was pathetic.

pass-chart_MAH401939_2024-REG-2_17264471

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, dma0034 said:

Chiefs have been doing this for years now. It is because of the two safety shell defense

Media still seems to be ignoring the fact that the only reason they won a title last year was because of the defense and not because of Mahomes - who was mediocre as ***** for most of the season and playoffs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

They’re definitely a small ball offense right now and that’s because they don’t trust their OTs and besides Rice, Pat doesn’t have any real dynamic receiving threats. Kelce isn’t what he used to be and Worthy is a rookie still trying to figure it out. Screens, 0-5 yard passes, and rushes, it’s how they’re primarily moving the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

They’re definitely a small ball offense right now and that’s because they don’t trust their OTs and besides Rice, Pat doesn’t have any real dynamic receiving threats. Kelce isn’t what he used to be and Worthy is a rookie still trying to figure it out. Screens, 0-5 yard passes, and rushes, it’s how they’re primarily moving the ball. 

Their LT situation is going to be that team’s downfall. Unless the rookie improves massively it’s a big liability. Hendrickson bullied him all game long. 

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

Media still seems to be ignoring the fact that the only reason they won a title last year was because of the defense and not because of Mahomes - who was mediocre as ***** for most of the season and playoffs 

It’s not like the Trent Dilfer’s Ravens offense. They still managed to score enough points when needed to win all their playoffs games last year. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Their LT situation is going to be that team’s downfall. Unless the rookie improves massively it’s a big liability. Hendrickson bullied him all game long. 

And I hope his benching doesn’t bode well for his confidence! I didn’t know the Chiefs didn’t have a plan after letting Orlando walk, but I’m happy they’ve got an Achilles heel.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Brand J said:

And I hope his benching doesn’t bode well for his confidence! I didn’t know the Chiefs didn’t have a plan after letting Orlando walk, but I’m happy they’ve got an Achilles heel.

Yeah I’m surprised they went into this season with a rookie at such an important position. The TB free agent (Donovan Smith?) they had last year did an adequate job. Surprised they didn’t re-sign him. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Yeah I’m surprised they went into this season with a rookie at such an important position. The TB free agent (Donovan Smith?) they had last year did an adequate job. Surprised they didn’t re-sign him. 

Trading Sneed is going to hurt them too. McDuffie is very good but he has gotten beat a few times the last couple weeks

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Trading Sneed is going to hurt them too. McDuffie is very good but he has gotten beat a few times the last couple weeks

He locked up Chase pretty well today. Bengals WR’s didn’t do much. Their TE’s did a lot of damage. Just like Balt’s TE’s did last week. Seems to be a soft spot in their defense this year. Hope it would still be the case when Kincaid and Knox get a chance at them. 

• Like (+1) 2

The pendulum in the NFL is swinging back to the defense. Defenses are effectively capping explosive passing offenses. This is causing an evolution of offenses towards heavier personnel and the running game. In time, this is going to cause defenses to shift from speed and coverage to size and power. And the cycle will continue.

I just hope that the NFL doesn't start tweaking the rules again to even further skew towards passing and offense. Just let the game evolve. There will be ebbs and flows over time, and that is ok. It allows teams to be innovative.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

48 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This might be the most pathetic looking passing chart I've ever seen.  Their entire offense has shifted to throwing behind the los.  Im not even saying anything against Mahomes here. You have MAHOMES.  Throwing all his passes behind the los.  Ok its not all but its half of his passes.  He only threw 6 passes past the 5 yard line and 2 of them were INTS. 2 of them incompletions.  Also a tight game like that and only 25 passes. Only 151 yards. 

I had to go look because I remember commenting on it in the game that he hadnt thrown a pass past the LoS.  It was pathetic.

pass-chart_MAH401939_2024-REG-2_17264471

Hunh. Wow!! Thanks for posting.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

The pendulum in the NFL is swinging back to the defense. Defenses are effectively capping explosive passing offenses. This is causing an evolution of offenses towards heavier personnel and the running game. In time, this is going to cause defenses to shift from speed and coverage to size and power. And the cycle will continue.

I just hope that the NFL doesn't start tweaking the rules again to even further skew towards passing and offense. Just let the game evolve. There will be ebbs and flows over time, and that is ok. It allows teams to be innovative.

This this this this this!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, appoo said:

It is all about being in the right place at the right time and doing the right thing.  The margin of difference between these players are razor thin.  

4 hours ago, appoo said:

Except against us

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Brand J said:

McDermott and Co. Need to watch how to defend Kelce.