Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah that's a little weird.Even in October the average high is 82, November 73 and December 66.

You'd think those 3 months would be perfect for some to be open.

I’d like to attend a Bills-Texans game there with the roof open at 66 degrees. I’d be there in my shorts and T-shirt and the locals would be bundled up like the game was in Buffalo. 

3 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Every kicker except ours seems to be automatic from 65 yards and under…

I said it earlier but having a kicker that can nail 50+ yarders consistently is a massive underrated advantage. No one wants to hear it but Harrison Butker is a big reason for the Chiefs success in recent years - in a game of inches and photo finishes, 3 points can be the difference. Ravens are a good example. They had the best kicker in the league for a decade and it won them games. Now Tucker can't hit 50+ yarders and they start the year 0-2. It isn't a factor you can just hand wave away.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think they are very good.  I don't think they are as good as KC or Buffalo.  That's all I said.   There is something to be said about how long programs are together and the things coaches learn from experience and I don't think Houston is there in either aspect in comparison to Buffalo or KC 

I don't think anyone is "there" compared to KC come playoff time. They are just a different animal come playoff time. After them, the pecking order is more debatable. IMHO, Houston is right in the mix or "there" with about 6 other teams which includes Buffalo. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I don't want to take anything away from Stroud but it's insane the margin of error that some of these QBs have. That throw was wide and should not have been completed. But his WR makes a great play and then his kicker nails a 59 yarder. 3 points on the board that could be the difference in a close game.

Like look at last Mahomes pass that got called for PI

The DB didn't even have to interfere, the ball was floating and behind the WR...should have been agame sealing INT and instead the corner loses his mind and jumps through the guy

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BRH said:

He was always a decent player for us, and was asked to do things that didn’t show up on the stat sheet.  I didn’t think he deserved most of the hate he got.  But he still should have made more splash plays.  Freakish athlete. 

Meh.

Much rather have our crop of current matchup LBs that create a slew more negative plays and turnovers.

Glad we did not get saddled with that contract.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I said it earlier but having a kicker that can nail 50+ yarders consistently is a massive underrated advantage. No one wants to hear it but Harrison Butker is a big reason for the Chiefs success in recent years - in a game of inches and photo finishes, 3 points can be the difference. Ravens are a good example. They had the best kicker in the league for a decade and it won them games. Now Tucker can't hit 50+ yarders and they start the year 0-2. It isn't a factor you can just hand wave away.

More of a factor that the Ravens AGAIN blew a 7+ point 4th quarter lead for the 11th time in the last 5 seasons, the most in the NFL...

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

I tried to draft Breece Hall and Kyler Murray in every league. Murray is going to be QB1 for Fantasy this year

I got Breece Hall in 3 of my 4 fantasy leagues 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I don't think anyone is "there" compared to KC come playoff time. They are just a different animal come playoff time. After them, the pecking order is more debatable. IMHO, Houston is right in the mix or "there" with about 6 other teams which includes Buffalo. 

Houston needs to actually do it in the playoffs first before I say they are "right there".

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wow, what a stat....so far this year NFL kickers are 33/37 from beyond 50 yards.  Bass misses a 45 yarder.  Boy this organization sucks at finding kickers.

His plant foot slipped on a wet field where players were slipping all night. Not really going to hold that against him.

I kicked on wet fields before and it's hard to find the right balance between making sure you stride far enough to generate enough power versus keeping your foot close enough so it doesn't slip.

If he kicked that ball on a normal field I'd be with you. Slipping on a wet field? Nah, that can happen to any kicker in the league.

As soon as he hit that ball I assumed his plant foot slipped and then I saw a replay where I could confirm it.

He has looked very solid so far other than that idiotic kick out of bounds against the Cards.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

They play in a lot of extremely close playoff games that could go either way for a team supposedly no one is ‘there’ with imo.  I don’t think they’re really on a whole different tier the last year plus 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They play in a lot of extremely close playoff games that could go either way for a team supposedly no one is ‘there’ with imo.  I don’t think they’re really on a whole different tier the last year plus 

The difference in many of those games? Chris Jones saving the game on D for them

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Buffalo has Allen who plays as well as any QB in the history of the NFL in the playoffs. The D and ST continually lets him down.

Houston hasn't gotten close to that level yet.

Bills need their version of Chris Jones on D.

We just need a HOF level defender that gets even better in the playoffs somehow. Should be no problem finding one of those.