Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Can only.guess heat. I'd imagine it's probably blazing in there with 60k people 

That’s the only reason that would make sense. But they have it open today on a hot September day when it was in the 90s earlier. Seems like there would be more comfortable days in November and December they would want it open for.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I think they are very good.  I don't think they are as good as KC or Buffalo.  That's all I said.   There is something to be said about how long programs are together and the things coaches learn from experience and I don't think Houston is there in either aspect in comparison to Buffalo or KC 

They are good but struggled mightily against some defenses last year...the Jets made Stroud look terrible.

I would suspect McD has something up his sleeve for Stroud.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

they have not played against any above average defensive lineman yet.  Campbell was once upon a time but he is just a good rotational player at this point.

They are going to get tested on the edges vs houston and on the interior vs the jets, chiefs, titans....

Even this week they will be tested with allen, walker and armstead. If they hold up next monday that will be a really good sign.

Yeah, IMO that’s where the JAGs gave us trouble the last 2 seasons, their D vs our OL

Part of that was the offensive game plan and Josh’s execution of it though.  We’ll see if Brady is more appropriate and adaptable

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, rusty shackleford said:

That’s the only reason that would make sense. But they have it open today on a hot September day when it was in the 90s earlier. Seems like there would be more comfortable days in November and December they would want it open for.

Yeah that's a little weird.Even in October the average high is 82, November 73 and December 66.

You'd think those 3 months would be perfect for some to be open.

I don't want to take anything away from Stroud but it's insane the margin of error that some of these QBs have. That throw was wide and should not have been completed. But his WR makes a great play and then his kicker nails a 59 yarder. 3 points on the board that could be the difference in a close game.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Yeah, IMO that’s where the JAGs gave us trouble the last 2 seasons, their D vs our OL

Part of that was the offensive game plan and Josh’s execution of it though.  We’ll see if Brady is more appropriate and adaptable

We had issues running against them too...they bottled up our run game and got us in 2nd/3rd and long a lot ..which doesn't usually matter with Allen since he converts more 3rd downs than anyone in NFL history but still...shorter ones are always easier.

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Wow, what a stat....so far this year NFL kickers are 33/37 from beyond 50 yards.  Bass misses a 45 yarder.  Boy this organization sucks at finding kickers.

He will almost certainly cost us games this year.  Washington signed their Kicker off the street this week and he went 7 for 7 today.  

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1