Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Anyone else still sick to their stomach over that 4th and 16 bail out the chiefs got. Lost money on that and it was horse 💩 with both players making a play on the ball. Can’t call that in that spot 🤮 

Not really. It was clearly a penalty. Both DPI and hit to the head of a defenselessness receiver.

People need to STOP SAYING THAT. 

You do NOT get a right to "play the ball" by going thru a receiver. You have a right to the ball by going around them, if you are in front of them and jumping at the same time, etc..

You don't get to do what essentially is an "Over the Back* foul in the NBA that is called all the time.

It's a penalty in the NBA and it's a penalty in the NFL. Where do people come up with this? You can't go thru a player to get to a ball, sorry. Go read the rule book a little more

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

Anyone else still sick to their stomach over that 4th and 16 bail out the chiefs got. Lost money on that and it was horse 💩 with both players making a play on the ball. Can’t call that in that spot 🤮 

it was a penalty without question.  

That is not why they lost.

Just now, balln said:

Another 50 plus down the middle. Every kicker today 

Weather’s been like absolutely perfect everywhere today, or the game is in a dome.  They’re kicking in optimal conditions.  

and McPherson still missed an XP

27 minutes ago, chongli said:

I love it. Dolphins, Lions, 49ers, Cowboys, and Bengals forums all having melt downs. Meanwhile, the Bills are alone in first in the AFC East. It doesn't get any better than this.

For most of the early window, the Pats looked like the 2nd best team in the AFCE.   They lost to Seattle in OT, so they're tied with the Jests.

12 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I'm still a bit worried about the Jets, if only because of their schedule. It is shockingly easy going forward. Out of their remaining 15 games, only 3 are against teams you might consider to be elite (Texans, Bills x 2), and two of those games are at home.

I feel it is going to be really important to continue our strong start, in case we lose that 1st matchup in New York. That is shaping up as a huge game. Then again, maybe the Jets will fall apart like usual - Saleh and Hackett are still there 🤣

The Jests are fully capable of losing to any team in the NFL.  They struggled mightily against Tennessee.  If the Titans had a better QB than Levis, they might be a playoff team; he's the leader of bone-head plays so far this season, although JaMar Chase is just behind.  The Jests also had a couple of their players carted off with injuries. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

it was the right call, much as I hate to admit it

24 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Highly touted rookie vs rookie sensation and upstart team

True, but it just seems like a huge mismatch.

I like what I see from Caleb so far, but I feel like these teams are miles apart.

Hope I am wrong and this is a good, close game.