Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Chiefs once again demonstrating that it is very possible to win with losing the turnover battle

Yeah it helps when one of your turnovers is immediately saved by a turnover from the other team that ends in a TD. Both QBs tried very hard to give the game away but Burrow's was unfortunately more punishing.

15 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They've never had great QB play. I can't blame them for being excited. There were plenty of people here doing the same for Josh way too early in his career, too.

when you have to go back to Sid Luckman or even further back to Red Grange you know your qbs have stunk

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't holding if the pass rusher uses a rip move unless certain conditions are met.

https://www.sbnation.com/23577117/2023-nfl-playoffs-chiefs-bengals

Nothing has had a worse public perception than a rip move.

EVERY game there’s a rip move that gets screenshot or shown on replay and 99% of fans watching think it’s a missed call.

Honestly, the NFL should do a 1 min PSA before every game about the rule.

8 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Is burrow still the only one who can beat mahomes?

Bengals have now lost 3 in a row to the chiefs..pretty similar record vs the chiefs to the bills but they got that one playoff win 

that might’ve been sarcasm that I whiffed on haha I’m not sure 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

30 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Here's the thing, though

If the roles are reversed and it's the Bengals on offense, in a 4th and 16, driving for a GW FG, does the flag fly?

I'd bet it doesn't.

To me, THAT's the difference.

Even though there literally was a flag on the previous play that saved the Bengals defense?

23 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

It was fourth and 16. Game was on the line.

The officials handed them the W.

It's a penalty.  He interfered with Rice's ability to make a catch. Clear contact with the ball in the air. 

I never understood the "game on the line" logic. If that's penalty in the 1st quarter, that's a penalty at the end of the game too, no matter the down or yardage. 

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

I think the Bears win... or keep it close. Stroud was unimpressive against good defenses last year

man i hope so, if it were in chicago I could see the defense keeping it close.  THis just feels like a blowout with like 6 sacks of williams tonight.

I hope the Bears win though obviously.

28 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Ehh…

The defensive player has just as much right to the ball as the offensive player.

Its all about perception. 

Yes. The same way a defensive basketball player has the same right to a ball as the offensive player does.

You know what gets called as a foul all the time in the NBA? "Over the back"...when a defender jumps over the back of an offensive player WHO HAS POSITION ON HIM to try and get the ball.

You have a right to the ball. You DO NOT have the right to try and establish position on a player by going thru a player.

Common misconception and misunderstanding. If the offensive player has position you have to go around him to try and get to the ball, not thru him.

Same in football as it is in basketball.

18 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

How bad is Caleb Williams going to be tonight?

this feels like a blowout tonight for houston.

Probably but same could have been said for Baltimore and San Fran today 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, chongli said:

I love it. Dolphins, Lions, 49ers, Cowboys, and Bengals forums all having melt downs. Meanwhile, the Bills are alone in first in the AFC East. It doesn't get any better than this.

I'm still a bit worried about the Jets, if only because of their schedule. It is shockingly easy going forward. Out of their remaining 15 games, only 3 are against teams you might consider to be elite (Texans, Bills x 2), and two of those games are at home.

I feel it is going to be really important to continue our strong start, in case we lose that 1st matchup in New York. That is shaping up as a huge game. Then again, maybe the Jets will fall apart like usual - Saleh and Hackett are still there 🤣

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1