Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

I don’t have an issue with the Bengals rushing 3, but if you do, you HAVE to spy Mahomes with a faster player who has the green light to rush if a path opens up. It’ll look like a delayed blitz. By design Mahomes needs time, so there will be an opening to rush a 4th (and there was).

I'm definitely watching Dua Lipa on 60 minutes now running around in skimpy outfits until the Sunday night game comes on 🤣

Just now, bigduke6 said:

not a bad day for the Bills.  wouldve been nice if the Jets lost,  but their D and Rodgers do not look all that good.   Ravens lost,  thats fantastic,  and heres hoping the Strouds,  i mean ,  Texans lose tonight.

Also lost DE Jermaine Johnson to a torn Achilles for the year.

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Hopefully someday that horseshoe that KC has up their butts falls out.  Unfortunately, it is crammed so far up there, that it is almost impossible to jar it loose......  Won't be anytime soon, but maybe someday.

Seems like they whiffed big time on a LT and worthy is lookin like mostly a gadget player.  Hollywood is out for the season

they pulled it off last year so can’t say it’s impossible but I think their path this year is gonna be even tougher 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Cmon man. He clobbered him from behind. If that was Coleman trying to catch that ball you would think it was a PI

The amount of times they call DPI on a prayer heave on 4th and a mile is approximately zero. The amount of times the defense makes some contact is most of the time because the ball hangs up in the air forever. KC plays by different rules.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

missed a lot of holding, weak calls, etc.

They didn't miss any holding penalties, fans just don't know what holding looks like. The one egregious WTF penalty was the illegal contact called on Mahomes' 2nd INT, but that ultimately didn't affect the game. The Bengals lost it fair and square. Burrow and his stupid hair style should look in the mirror before he looks anywhere else. Followed closely by the idiot DB that jumped on the WR's head when the ball was still in the air.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Seems like they whiffed big time on a LT and worthy is lookin like mostly a gadget player.  Hollywood is out for the season

they pulled it off last year so can’t say it’s impossible but I think their path this year is gonna be even tougher 

At the least, it looks like Harbaugh and the Chargers might give them a run for their money in the division.

That would be a big help.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

The amount of times they call DPI on a prayer heave on 4th and a mile is approximately zero. The amount of time the defense makes some contact is most of the time because the ball hangs up in the air forever. KC plays by different rules.

On a Hail Mary sure...on a ball in the middle of the field of play on a normal play? Not so much

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That was both PI AND a hit to the head on a defenseless receiver on the same play. How could you NOT call it?

If you want to argue no PI, you are wrong, but OK, it's still a hit to the head.

Here's the thing, though

If the roles are reversed and it's the Bengals on offense, in a 4th and 16, driving for a GW FG, does the flag fly?

I'd bet it doesn't.

To me, THAT's the difference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah, but the refs have not been fine today...missed a lot of holding, weak calls, etc. And right or not, it's just so ODD that the calls always get called for KC. Like 99% of the time the call is made for them at the end of the game or a turnover...just doesn't track with the rest of the league.

In the (other place) group chat i typed as the Bengals punted "i just wonder how overt the NFL will be about the 4th down flag to extend the drive"

I'm not Kreskin, but watch enough professional wrestling and you figure out how it works

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, dgrochester55 said:

How many more times will officials hand the Chiefs the game on a silver platter before someone finally steps in with an investigation?

I mean for all the things the Patriots were investigated for in the span of 20 years, the favorable calls they got were never one of them.

Good luck if you think that's going to happen to the new "it" dynasty.