Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

So chiefs  have the best player in game but completely took  it  out of his hands to win. Never could or would bills do that with Allen. They took it out of his hands to setup the kicker for 51 yarder who is automatic with ease. Bass can't make a 40+. They also got a defensive td this game with some key flags. They have it all. 

1 minute ago, Yobogoya! said:

Agreed. 

Letter to the law that might be a penalty, but you want the game to come down to football players making a football play. 

Hate that trash. 

That was both PI AND a hit to the head on a defenseless receiver on the same play. How could you NOT call it?

If you want to argue no PI, you are wrong, but OK, it's still a hit to the head.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

No it was NOT PI.  Defender was completely turned around and had a right to catch the ball.  

Unfortunately no... and I was so hoping whiney Kermit would lose.

A DB cannot play through a receiver to make a play on the ball.

From the NFL rule book.

Acts that are pass interference include, but are not limited to:

Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;

Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Yeah, but I don't want KC getting a bye. This team needs some L's. I guess we'll have to be the ones to give them one. Emenim and the WR All-stars couldn't get it done, today 

Raiders beat them last year in KC and usually play them very tough. Chargers are better this year. That division alone will be a challenge for them 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

That's definitely not the case, though. Penalties don't stop being penalties just because they happen late in the game. No more than the hands to the face penalty the play before shouldn't have counted. I for one hate when refs suddenly start calling the game differently on do or die plays. Call it consistently and nobody can complain.

It could’ve gone either way imo…if the throw wasn’t so high I’d call that every time at any point of the game.  It bailed out a desperation play late though that had almost no chance of being completed

I can’t hate on them for calling it but I probably wouldn’t have 

Just now, WideNine said:

Unfortunately no... and I was so hoping whiney Kermit would lose.

A DB cannot play through a receiver to make a play on the ball.

Acts that are pass interference include, but are not limited to:

Contact by a player who is not playing the ball that restricts the opponent’s opportunity to make the catch;

Playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball;

It was also a hit to the head on a defenseless receiver...so even if they didn't call PI, which is was, it was STILL a personal foul

• Agree 2

Just now, Big Turk said:

That was both PI AND a hit to the head on a defenseless receiver on the same play. How could you NOT call it?

Eh, I think that’s not the same as laying out a defenseless receiver. They’re both jumping up for the ball. If the offensive player knocks into the DB’s head, no one’s calling a penalty the other way.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

That was a ticky tack call but of course the league can’t have its golden team losing to the Bengals. Next week they get Jim Harbaugh that should be a very

very interesting game

How was it a ticky tack call? He completely prevented Rice from having any chance on the ball

Edited by buffblue

7 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

No it was NOT PI.  Defender was completely turned around and had a right to catch the ball.  

He didn't play through the catch, he jumped on the back of the intended pass catcher before the ball got there. Textbook DPI. There was a similar play earlier in the game that they didn't call because the Bengals DB timed it at the same time the ball got there.