Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

1 minute ago, mannc said:

On the next play, Chiefs’ LT literally put him in a headlock—no call.

It isn't holding because Hendrickson used a rip move. This is the least understood rule in the NFL. Holding is basically legal when the pass rushers uses that specific technique, unless the offensive lineman pulls him to the ground.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't holding because Hendrickson used a rip move. This is the least understood rule in the NFL. Holding is basically legal when the pass rushers uses that specific technique, unless the offensive lineman pulls him to the ground.

Hmmm, I didn’t know that was in the rule book…

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

Hmmm, I didn’t know that was in the rule book…

Holding will not be called “if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a ‘rip’ technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.” Rule 12, Section 1, Article 3, Note 1.i.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Jags 0-2 and Ravens about to be 0-2.

Don't necessarily like the Jags will be desperate on Monday night tho.

It will be interesting. Jax being desperate to not go 0-3 vs Bills who are sick and tired of losing to Jacksonville so often. 

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Steelers and Broncos are setting offensive football back to the 1960s 

The Steelers have 14 first downs, 200+ yards of offense and have had one TD called back on OPI.

They look fine, Denver is starting a rookie QB and looks like it.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Holding will not be called “if, during a defensive charge, a defensive player uses a ‘rip’ technique that puts an offensive player in a position that would normally be holding.” Rule 12, Section 1, Article 3, Note 1.i.

I’m not sure that’s what I saw on that play.  Hendrickson just breezed past the LT and he put Hendrickson in a headlock to keep him from killing Mahomes…

Just now, mannc said:

I’m not sure that’s what I saw on that play.  Hendrickson just breezed past the LT and he put Hendrickson in a headlock to keep him from killing Mahomes…

I didn't see that play so I don't know; that's just from the rulebook