Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

That would be ironic... though in all seriousness, as said before, Darnold did this with Carolina - burned bright at the start of the season then fell apart.

To be fair, the Vikes have a lot more offensive skill players around Darnold than Carolina did.

I will say though, that to my eyes SF has had a LOT of flagrant defensive breakdowns and Darnold has done a good job of exploiting them.

It might also help that Darnold can dish big scoops on the 49ers offense.

Edited by Beck Water

1 minute ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

what on earth is the broadcasts obsession with Salahs dome 

I just tune in for the video of him running stadium steps before the game 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Saints scored a TD on their first 6 possessions. That isn't Dak Prescott's problem. That's their terrible head coach having his team unprepared as usual.

Prescott did throw 2 ints and their drives have stalled into fg's.  Prescott is an above avg QB that they had to pay but I dont think he is taking them anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Commanders putting the foot back in football. 6 field goals all their points. This is Iowa Big Ten offense right here 

We used to have a pool at a bar I frequented where you won the pot when your chosen team scored exactly 25pts in a game because it's an extraordinarily rare number.

This one has great potential (if somebody returns something for a TD).

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Plenty of QBs can run that offense. Purdy's backup last year was Darnold. I haven't seen anything that tells me he couldn't produce at a similar level in that offense. They need to keep their money to pay all the talent around the QB.

I don't think it's as simple as it looks. Is Purdy a grade A quarterback? No. But he's not the worst either, and their offense has looked better under him than Garoppolo, for example.

Then again, if he isn't paid, where does he go? Who will pay him? Probably the Panthers.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Prescott did throw 2 ints and their drives have stalled into fg's.  Prescott is an above avg QB that they had to pay but I dont think he is taking them anywhere.

First INT his WR slipped on his cut, second INT was when the game was well out of hand. I'm no big Prescott fan but he is not remotely responsible for this game. That defense has too much talent to have no-show games like this.

Terrible tackling by Titans...Jets up a TD now 

Just now, HappyDays said:

First INT his WR slipped on his cut, second INT was when the game was well out of hand. I'm no big Prescott fan but he is not remotely responsible for this game. That defense has too much talent to have no-show games like this.

Cowboys are NFC version of the Fins.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Saints scored a TD on their first 6 possessions. That isn't Dak Prescott's problem. That's their terrible head coach having his team unprepared as usual.

This game is not prescotts direct fault.  But the contract is an albatross that will make fixing the problem.