Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He then jumps into him. 

That was the most questionable call IMO. 

He definitely got there early.

But I have seen FAR more egregious PI’s not called on last second heaves.

That is my largest issue. Lack of consistency.

Remember this? Two offensive players mugged - no call. Happens all the time on those last second gotta-have-a-miracle plays.

IMG-3551.jpg

It seems like it’s called when they want it called. And that means it’s less about the rule and more about what they feel like doing in the moment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Would it be possible for me to turn on an nfl football game in 2024 and not be sold a product by a manning or a kelce every 5 minutes?

can I watch a pregame show without opinions of or from a manning or a kelce?

can we go five seconds without some sob story about a manning or a kelce?

Its just intolerable so far this year.  These people have never met a dollar they have ever said no to.

I literally can not stand any of them.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

He definitely got there early.

But I have seen FAR more egregious PI’s not called on last second heaves.

That is my largest issue. Lack of consistency.

Remember this? Two offensive players mugged - no call. Happens all the time on those last second gotta-have-a-miracle plays.

IMG-3551.jpg

It seems like it’s called when they want it called. And that means it’s less about the rule and more about what they feel like doing in the moment. 

He definitely got there early, but my question is what’s the line between interfering and trying to catch the ball?  

The defender was in position, looking at the ball, both players jumped and made contact.  Why is that pass interference?   Thats why they rarely call PI on Hail Mary plays.   They’re all down there and jump for the ball.. essentially what this play was. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Richardson is super raw  His high school team was awful he didnt do qb camps etc  Gators didnt really know what to do with him either.  Athletically he's off the charts but low floor to go with the high ceiling  .   Colts dont seem to have a plan how to utilize what he can do well right now  while brining him along  The playcalling and his receivers arent helping either  Lot of drops yesterday.  He is likely to get dinged again  Surprisingly injury prone for a 245 lber and gets down on himself in games quick.  

I guess it depends on what you define as raw, because to me he looks like a guy that doesn’t have NFL level accuracy and consistency.  He doesn’t have good anticipation and isn’t accurate on a lot of routes, especially in and out routes.  I will agree that he lets bad play snowball, and that Napier is a terrible coach that couldn’t figure out how to utilize his talent to give the Gators a better chance to win.   But don’t be fooled by his own deficiencies as an NFL QB that were on display in college.  He had NFL calibre WRs on that team that he just couldn’t hit when they were wide open with any consistency, much less tight window throws that QBs in the NFL have to make.  What he can do is pretty limited and it’s hard to have a plan when that is the case.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Dan said:

He definitely got there early, but my question is what’s the line between interfering and trying to catch the ball?  

The defender was in position, looking at the ball, both players jumped and made contact.  Why is that pass interference?   Thats why they rarely call PI on Hail Mary plays.   They’re all down there and jump for the ball.. essentially what this play was. 

Thats what Im saying kinda. They both jumped into each other. The defender actually stopped and planted before hitting the wr.  Then they both jump for the ball. The db jumps into the wr a little.  The wr jumps back into the db a little.  If that is PI on the DB then it is also PI on the WR.  They both have a right to go for the ball. Neither can really play through each other to do so.  On top of that the ball wasnt really catchable.  Too high IMO.  

I dont really care that they call it but IMO its one they should have let go.  Especially with the amount of way worse should be penalties they let go all the time.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 9/16/2024 at 8:00 PM, Steptide said:

Dang so mcafrey and debo. That's rough for them

Is a team allowed to trade for a player who's out for injury?

I'm surprised somebody here hasn't suggested it. 🙄

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

20 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Figured I’d put this here. Jordan Phillips once again on IR.

They put him on the IR and said he has a wrist injury, he did last year but he said he does not have an injury and is fine.

Pretty funny.  The league I am sure will be looking into that.  You can't just put guys on IR to stash them for later because they are currently playing so bad.