Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Well... already hated the refs, but this just makes me hate them more.

Oh, and this Tweet made me laugh:

I’ve sworn off watching even a single snap of the chiefs for 16 games this season for my mental health, and I am seriously considering making it 17. 

It’s a complete joke and it’s as bad as the Steelers and Pats used to get with favorable officiating 

Since we have some 0-2 teams to keep an eye on in our conference, I thought I'd post this little tidbit from an sb nation article...

Over the past three seasons since the expansion to a 17-game schedule, 21 teams have opened the season 0-2. Only two have eventually made the playoffs. In 2023, nine teams started the season 0-2 and the Houston Texans were the only team to make the playoffs. They finished 10-7 and won the AFC South. The year prior, five teams started 0-2 and only the Cincinnati Bengals made the playoffs. They finished 12-4 and won the AFC North. In 2021, seven teams started the season 0-2 and none of them made the playoffs.

In 2020, when the league expanded to a 14-team playoff field, 11 teams started with an 0-2 record and none of those teams made the playoffs.

Prior to 2020, the NFL adopted a 12-team playoff format in 1990. Between 1990 and 2019, 12% of teams that started 0-2 reached the playoffs.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/24245523/0-2-start-nfl-playoffs-how-likely-history-last-season

2 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Why make all of these guys Day 1 starters?  Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young…it just feels like they’re all in the process of getting ruined.

Just about every QB who people say was ruined didn't have the ability to be an NFL QB and fans just don't want to admit their team is no good at scouting QBs. Now a QB may end up on a team that stunted their growth, but they didn't ruin him. The best example from current players is Baker, who played for two of the worst teams for a QB. He wasn't ruined, just had a temporary roadblock.  Look at a guy like Josh Rosen. Anyone who says he was ruined should never be allowed to watch another NFL game. We didn't ruin EJ or JP.  They were picked by lousy GMs and bad scouts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The more I watch this play the more I think the defender did a good job.  Put it at 1/4 speed. The defender actually stops before he gets there just as the receiver backs into the same spot.  Im ok with the call still because you cant slow that down on the field. To me thats good defense though. Just my opinion right or wrong. Dont really care but its fun watching this stuff in slow mo.

Other than the Chiefs, no one really scares me so far in the AFC. Kermit and the criminal seem to have developed a good connection so far. I bet Rashee will magically have the "legal process" play out for the entirety of the regular season so there is no chance of any discipline this year

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I laughed, but it’s more true than funny.  Chicago’s OL was horrid for Fields and it hasn’t changed

Gotta have those top 10 pick right tackles though..... 🤣

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

The more I watch this play the more I think the defender did a good job.  Put it at 1/4 speed. The defender actually stops before he gets there just as the receiver backs into the same spot.  Im ok with the call still because you cant slow that down on the field. To me thats good defense though. Just my opinion right or wrong. Dont really care but its fun watching this stuff in slow mo.

Nah, that's DPI all day. I'd be fuming if that happened to a Bills receiver and we didn't get a call. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3