Around the NFL Week 2

PetermansRedemption

33 minutes ago, The All-Pro-Knox Gallery said:

I’m willing to put the Texans and Bears defenses up there with the Steelers/49ers/Browns/Ravens. These units are making plays left and right. 

Von would hit his incentives off one game against the Bears OL

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Williams doesn't see or understand numbers.  When they rushed 5 instead of looking down field and then trying to escape the rush he should have instantly took off.  Everyone in coverage he probably would have had 10 or 15 yards.  Instead the line was already there by the time he took off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Texans did not look impressive.  That Bears offense is as bad as Carolina. 

Yes but u have to factor in that in order to slow them down u have to be able to stop their running game while playing two deep.  The bears can do that because they are excellent against the run.  Not many teams can do that and when u move the safeties they are going to attack u down the field.   

its like playing sf, job 1 is stopping the run without over committing to it.  

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Why make all of these guys Day 1 starters?  Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young…it just feels like they’re all in the process of getting ruined.

Never understood why it’s still common in the league. After watching Brady, Mahomes, and Rodgers dominate the league for the last 25 years you would think teams would realize the risk in throwing the future of your franchise to the wolves.

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Why make all of these guys Day 1 starters?  Caleb Williams, Bo Nix, Anthony Richardson, Bryce Young…it just feels like they’re all in the process of getting ruined.

Agree, but everyone  wants to win now and starting your 1st round rookie qb sells tix

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Is it me, or are a lot of these hits on Williams borderline illegal? On that hunter sack, he almost launched into him and slammed him down?

It’s not just you.  I’m surprised the game was so close because the Bears offense did not look good, but the Texans seem a bit “edgy” in how their D plays

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

How about the bears running a few draws to start that drive? Keep the Texans guessing a bit.

I like your thinking but the Bears line looked like a  hot mess.  I wouldn't trust them to block anything.  Not sure what the best move is but I'm guessing 4 wide and let Williams just leave the pocket if he doesn't see something after a 2 or 3 count.  That said Williams just didn't seem to understand when to run and when to throw or even where to throw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

It’s not just you.  I’m surprised the game was so close because the Bears offense did not look good, but the Texans seem a bit “edgy” in how their D plays

I think the Texans playing with an edge is true, but when the o-line is that bad.. like how many time did that back side defender just basically get a free run? Giving a d-lineman a free run is always gonna be a brutal hit especially when the QB doesn't feel him coming at all