Josh 4 straight games no int’s.

Matt_In_NH

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'll give the OL some credit here too. When Josh is able to settle in and not worry about jailbreaks he like all QBs looks a lot more comfortable and under control. The rare breakdowns that have happened this year have been almost exclusively from the interior, but since Spencer Brown has been locking up his man Josh has been able to easily escape right which might be the most dangerous situation for a defense to face across the entire league.

The biggest share of credit goes to Brady who since taking over has completely eliminated the boom or bust nature of the offense.

and Kromer...Ever since he has taken over the OL coaching, our OL has been at the top fo the NFL

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

This is a clear indication that Josh has become a game manager.

Good times.

but who will still make those stupendous plays only he can make.

10 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Please.

Virtually nobody ignores completely or even downplays his production. Maybe a couple dozen guys in dusty internet corners.

And it's great that Allen has all those TDs, if Allen wasn't getting those running TDs, they'd be handoffs instead and many would still be touchdowns. 

As great and productive as he is, having too many turnovers hurts. It just does. Don't spin and try to ignore it. It's a factor that needs to be considered. It hurts the team. All factors need to be considered. Including the TOs.

It's a good sign that he has fewer INTs this year so far this year. Shows they're taking the pressure off him. He doesn't feel he has to win the game himself. Small sample size concerns, though.

He's terrific. Second-best in the league, IMO. But that doesn't mean that being one of the highest in the league in turnovers doesn't hurt his team. It does.

You're reading me as implying turnovers don't matter or hurt one's team. Please. You're also ignoring what I'm saying explicitly, that none of the talking heads who stress Allen's turnovers, a take you repeat here, mention his extraordinary TD to turnover ratio. 

In short, your post exhibits exactly the lazy, biased mindset I'm deploring: "Allen? Yeah, good player, but his turnovers hurt his team." Why not, "Allen? A few more turnovers than his top peers, but far, far, far more TDs: 15 more than the MVP, 17 more than 'the best QB in football.'"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

23 hours ago, H2o said:

I think it is both, and then some.

I believe Josh made up in his mind starting midseason last year that he was no longer going to forcefeed Diggs all the time. I believe that is why we saw a drastic drop-off in Diggs' numbers. He was done with the diva mentality and everything else that came along with it. Now that Diggs is gone, Josh can just play free and toss the rock around to whomever without having to hear any crap about it on the sidelines between every series. Peace is something money can't buy, but the evidence of having it is undeniable. 

I believe that Josh truly loves the game and has studied the game in prior years more than people want to give him credit for. I think he has always had an understanding of defenses since his breakout year in 2020. I do believe he's evolving and getting better, but I think he is truly getting better at playing free while still not being careless with the football. 

The main thing here, something that I believe can't be overstated, is I think Josh really clicks with Brady. I think he clicks in the same sort of way with Brady as he did with Daboll. They get each other and Josh loves this offense. 

Everyone on this team seems to be bought in and I believe Josh trusts them more than any other group he's had in the last 7 years. The maturation of JA17 is on full display. It doesn't mean he'll always be perfect, but the growth is on full display as a player and a leader. 

I get what you are saying but not sure if “click” is the right word.  

Josh personally loved Dorsey and went to bat for him as OC.   The problem was that his offense seemed to promote Josh’s over-aggressive and reckless tendencies.  That’s where forcing the ball to Diggs and Davis came into play.   When these plays weren’t hitting the offense was in trouble and this was on display during the final 4 weeks of Dorsey’s tenure.  

I think Brady, much like Daboll did, does a good job utilizing the talent he has on offense on a week-to-week basis.  I think Brady has a way to “reeling in” Josh too with the Payne calls.  

Long season but hopefully it stays this way.  

• Agree 1

It’s so tough with Allen because like the running, his gunslinger attitude is what makes him great.  But if you win the turnover battle, this team will be really hard to beat. At the same point, Allen to feel like he can rip it and play his game, even if that results in an INT (I think the fumbles are worse). 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s so tough with Allen because like the running, his gunslinger attitude is what makes him great.  But if you win the turnover battle, this team will be really hard to beat. At the same point, Allen to feel like he can rip it and play his game, even if that results in an INT (I think the fumbles are worse). 

There were two throws on the 85 yard Bills drive that put them up 17 - 7 and set in motion the beat down that showed that Allen will still take a chance with a gunslinger type throw:

1)  The first was at the start of the drive facing a 2nd & 11 at their own 14 whch could easily turn into a 3rd & 9 and then a punt Allen fired a missile to Shakir who was in tight coverage for a 16 yard gain.  Poyer then laid on the late hit and the Bills were at the 45.

2)  Later in that same drive facing a 3rd & 13 Allen extended the play and made a great throw for 33 yards to Johnson giving the Bills a 1st & goal at the 1.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

There were two throws on the 85 yard Bills drive that put them up 17 - 7 and set in motion the beat down that showed that Allen will still take a chance with a gunslinger type throw:

1)  The first was at the start of the drive facing a 2nd & 11 at their own 14 whch could easily turn into a 3rd & 9 and then a punt Allen fired a missile to Shakir who was in tight coverage for a 16 yard gain.  Poyer then laid on the late hit and the Bills were at the 45.

2)  Later in that same drive facing a 3rd & 13 Allen extended the play and made a great throw for 33 yards to Johnson giving the Bills a 1st & goal at the 1.

That second throw was out of the world.  If he had been able to set his feet, that would have been a walk-in TD.

• Like (+1) 1