Josh 4 straight games no int’s.

Matt_In_NH

3 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

I think it certainly helps that his receivers aren't randomly pivoting to run in the wrong direction this year.

And that our "goon squad" of receivers all seem to have fairly reliable hands.

The WR room overall might be the biggest addition by subtraction I've seen on this team in a long time. Davis for his on field gaffes, and Diggs for his off field behavior.

Mvs seems like he’s not on the same page as Josh yet and they are currently making me a little nervous haha but everyone else id agree 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Mvs seems like he’s not on the same page as Josh yet and they are currently making me a little nervous haha but everyone else id agree 

Not on the same page yet. But the fact that MVS has gotten open down field on such few opportunities in both games makes me hopeful that he'll contribute later in the season when they've had time to mesh.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Thanks for the jinx, New England Boy!!!

I have done Gods work in New England for 30 years as a Bills fan…and I don’t do jinxes 

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

You son of a... you jinxed it!  This is why we can't have nice things!

😁

I think we have had a nice thing for a while….

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

This is not a big deal..

Josh is over rated...

Josh is overrated,  McDermott is not a top-10 coach in the league,  the bills don't have a #1 WR,  the Bills will be the fourth best team in the AFC East,  Cook is overrated,  the defense will not be able to overcome departure of its "star" players such as White, Poyer, Hyde.   Go Bills !!!

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

He's taking the profit and making calculated deep shots instead of waiting for the deep shots to open up every play.  Less sacks, less turnovers, and he's actually averaging more yards per pass partly because he's connecting on an even higher percentage of passes.  You run the ball and take the short stuff the deep passes you do take are more likely to be there.  Honestly Josh has missed most of the called deep shots and they were there.  His numbers would be even better.

He is also not dealing with arm issue causing him not to be able to throw as often and longer throws were easier (but less accurate than before) than fast short ones.

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

yep, 3 INT game against “the other Josh Allen” and the Jags is imminent now.

“the other Josh Allen” was so embarrassed to be compared with him he changed his name.

There are a number of players with same names - it is not like movie actor association which requires unique names.

I'll give the OL some credit here too. When Josh is able to settle in and not worry about jailbreaks he like all QBs looks a lot more comfortable and under control. The rare breakdowns that have happened this year have been almost exclusively from the interior, but since Spencer Brown has been locking up his man Josh has been able to easily escape right which might be the most dangerous situation for a defense to face across the entire league.

The biggest share of credit goes to Brady who since taking over has completely eliminated the boom or bust nature of the offense.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

That whole stat is so overblown.

We had so many tipped passes last year, either off the hands of receivers or at the line.

Some of that may have been changes in Allen's throwing motion and likely bad muscle-memory from the injury to his throwing arm/elbow. A bit more elongated and telegraphed.

That, and defenses were more inclined to contain him in the pocket and get into the throwing lanes.

A few were just deep throw aways that amounted to arm punts, but if you just look at the number out of context it makes good fodder for tweets.

It's one of those stats that taken alone is used to create a narrative or further a narrative. Although I do think his first full season wuth Dorsey he was struggling to read the field, was more reckless with the ball, and got away from some of the great throwing habits he had built up.

I feel like he got back to working out those kinks and back to some better fundamentals this season.

He also seems dialed into Brady's offense, knows where his reads and outlets are and is playing more in structure when the play is there.

Life is never a journey in a straight line, right?

Edited by WideNine
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

Come on man you are going to put the Mal Oik on him.

u must be the  guy that tells everyone about the no hitter in the fifth inning.

This is true. I am afraid that in our next game vs the Jags it'll be a tie game late in the 4th quarter and he'll have a wide open read underneath for a 1st down....but he'll remember this thread that was made during that play and throw it deep into double coverage instead. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, finn said:

The narrative that stresses Allen's turnovers and downplays (or more usually ignores completely) his production is beyond absurd. In a few games, he'll have more touchdowns in his first seven seasons than any player in history, followed eventually by the most TDs in history, period. Yet all we hear is "Josh Allen, the turnover machines." He had six more turnovers than Mahomes last year and SEVENTEEN more touchdowns! 

Has anyone heard that rather important fact mentioned by even a single commentator, at any point at any time? 

Yes. 

They pretty much say, “Josh Allen is incredible but he has lots of turnovers.”

lots of guys on Sunday say, “you gotta live with some of the mistakes and risky passes because Josh Allen can make magic happen like that”

The context of the TO machine narrative is usually pointed to why he isn’t as good as Mahomes. I think commentators are really just talking about multiple SB’s vs not but want to sound more nuanced so they bring up the TO’s.

If Josh had the same amount of TO’s but had 3 SB’s, no one would ever call him a TO machine.

Edited by RoscoeParrish

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

A little context for my response is that I was listening to Josh talk to Fitzmagic about that deep shot to MVS that did not connect. I think it was a fairly safe pass in that it is as safe as you get in the NFL with a single high safety trailing your receiver, and Allen said that it sailed on him because of the wind.

I recall that is was a pretty windy game. Allen when he flat-out misses tends to berate himself and will say I missed him, or I have to make that throw. So, I will take it for what it probably should be and then there is the fact that he and MVS seemed to be on the exact same page on that come-back route. 

I think folks also forget how damn windy our stadium gets where we have had qbs come in and not throw a pass or some mainly attempt short ones when they have the wind at their back.

Funny how accurate Allen gets in a dome, but I would think that knowing our winds could be an advantage for home games.

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

yep, 3 INT game against “the other Josh Allen” and the Jags is imminent now.

Brady will have a different plan for those guys.

We will see if we flip the script.

Has to be a better performance than crossing the pond to play in the UK with little practice and the TZ difference.

While the NFL let the Jags settle in over there to rest up and get acclimated.

Edited by WideNine