Josh 4 straight games no int’s.

Matt_In_NH

44 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Two playoff games and the first two this year.   His best is five straight.  Brady gives him less risky throws and the points and touchdowns are still there.  Hope he keeps it going and has a low turnover year.  

The narrative that stresses Allen's turnovers and downplays (or more usually ignores completely) his production is beyond absurd. In a few games, he'll have more touchdowns in his first seven seasons than any player in history, followed eventually by the most TDs in history, period. Yet all we hear is "Josh Allen, the turnover machines." He had six more turnovers than Mahomes last year and SEVENTEEN more touchdowns! 

Has anyone heard that rather important fact mentioned by even a single commentator, at any point at any time? 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think it certainly helps that his receivers aren't randomly pivoting to run in the wrong direction this year.

And that our "goon squad" of receivers all seem to have fairly reliable hands.

The WR room overall might be the biggest addition by subtraction I've seen on this team in a long time. Davis for his on field gaffes, and Diggs for his off field behavior.

Edited by Yobogoya!
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

I think it certainly helps that his receivers aren't randomly pivoting to run in the wrong direction this year.

And that our "goon squad" of receivers all seem to have fairly reliable hands.

The WR room overall might be the biggest addition by subtraction I've seen on this team in a long time. Davis for his on field gaffes, and Diggs for his off field behavior.

I do think Brady streamlined the amount of routes that were up to both the QB and WR to read the same thing and have the option of what route to run. 

Far too often last year we clearly saw that Davis and Josh were not on the same page. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Two playoff games and the first two this year.   His best is five straight.  Brady gives him less risky throws and the points and touchdowns are still there.  Hope he keeps it going and has a low turnover year.  

Thanks for the jinx, New England Boy!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

You son of a... you jinxed it!  This is why we can't have nice things!

😁

He's taking the profit and making calculated deep shots instead of waiting for the deep shots to open up every play.  Less sacks, less turnovers, and he's actually averaging more yards per pass partly because he's connecting on an even higher percentage of passes.  You run the ball and take the short stuff the deep passes you do take are more likely to be there.  Honestly Josh has missed most of the called deep shots and they were there.  His numbers would be even better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The league should be on notice because JOSH ALLEN HAS GOTTEN BETTER.  His body looks right but more important he is thinking the game and winning pre-snap.  This is a HUGE development.  

The effect of not having Diggs?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

The effect of not having Diggs?

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

I think/hope it is more the effect of putting in work in the offseason.  He seems to know this offense better and his understanding of what defenses are trying to do seems to also have improved.  His run checks still need work IMO.

I think it is both, and then some.

I believe Josh made up in his mind starting midseason last year that he was no longer going to forcefeed Diggs all the time. I believe that is why we saw a drastic drop-off in Diggs' numbers. He was done with the diva mentality and everything else that came along with it. Now that Diggs is gone, Josh can just play free and toss the rock around to whomever without having to hear any crap about it on the sidelines between every series. Peace is something money can't buy, but the evidence of having it is undeniable. 

I believe that Josh truly loves the game and has studied the game in prior years more than people want to give him credit for. I think he has always had an understanding of defenses since his breakout year in 2020. I do believe he's evolving and getting better, but I think he is truly getting better at playing free while still not being careless with the football. 

The main thing here, something that I believe can't be overstated, is I think Josh really clicks with Brady. I think he clicks in the same sort of way with Brady as he did with Daboll. They get each other and Josh loves this offense. 

Everyone on this team seems to be bought in and I believe Josh trusts them more than any other group he's had in the last 7 years. The maturation of JA17 is on full display. It doesn't mean he'll always be perfect, but the growth is on full display as a player and a leader. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1