Congratulations to Sean McDermott - 75 regular season wins and ties Bill Belichick win %

Einstein

56 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Regular season wins are cute. 

I’m looking for beautiful. Breath-taking. 

Bill Belichick and Sean McDermott are white men who’ve coached in the NFL. 

That’s where their similarities end. 

No;

AFC

AFC East

Both defensive coaches

See its longer than you think. 🤔 

1 hour ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Nah, thinking a future HOF coach with multiple rings is equivalent to McDermott is pure homerism. Belichick's game plan for beating us in the Super Bowl i believe is in the HOF. 

The goal is to win the super bowl and despite having an elite QB break post season records, McDermott could not get it done. Brady had Belichick coached defenses lead him to a Super Bowl win multiple times when Brady did much less on the field than Allen in some postseason games. 

There was no overall equivalency insinuated , only that that a specific win percentage was attained by Sean, you “assumed “ wrongly and have now doubled down on your original misinterpretation/ reading comprehension error, that an overall equivalency between the two parties, ( Bill & Sean) was being insinuated, that’s on you, then you go off on a fan tirade that had nothing to do with the original thread’s intent, again, that’s on you, and again not  brilliant, 

nuthin but luv…, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Tying Belichick’s win % is something I never thought I’d see a Bills head coach do. That is incredibly impressive.

Unfortunately the media did not rank him in the top-10 NFL coaches.  Really sad.  It all comes down to winning the big one. 

2 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Nah, thinking a future HOF coach with multiple rings is equivalent to McDermott is pure homerism. Belichick's game plan for beating us in the Super Bowl i believe is in the HOF. 

The goal is to win the super bowl and despite having an elite QB break post season records, McDermott could not get it done. Brady had Belichick coached defenses lead him to a Super Bowl win multiple times when Brady did much less on the field than Allen in some postseason games. 

No one said Bill and Sean were the equals.  They are just stating Sean and Bill carry the same career win %.

I personally think it’s a waste assuming the OP was trying to say they were the same and then use that assumption to put a bunch of negative thoughts out in the air.

just my opinion of course

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Unfortunately the media did not rank him in the top-10 NFL coaches.  Really sad.  It all comes down to winning the big one. 

Winning percentage is a measurable quantity, media ranking is completely subjective.

Edited by DrW

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Regular season wins are cute. 

I’m looking for beautiful. Breath-taking. 

Bill Belichick and Sean McDermott are white men who’ve coached in the NFL. 

That’s where their similarities end. 

But can you will the Superbowl without regular season wins 🤔 that is the question

• Like (+1) 1

It definitely nothing to scoff at, but a lot of those wins came despite McDermott's many blunders and failings as a game day coach. I give him a ton of credit for having a staff in place that can build up players, especially depth players, to the point where I feel we have less of a dropoff than other teams would given our many injuries and we get a tremendous return on late round/UDFA defensive players.

That said, I've watched other coaches put a clinic on him more times than I can remember. On some of those occasions we've still won, but in the most important games in KC, we haven't. I also put this team's miserable unpreparedness to play in Cincinnati completely at his feet. That game to me showed that he didn't have the ability to be a true leader, let alone a force multiplier for this team.

All that said, I think this week's performance against Miami was one of the best of McD's career. Miami, with Tua or not, was completely out-schemed and out-coached in every facet of the game. If you told me they had a direct line to Miami's headset, I'd 100% believe you because they just completely had their number. I was initially upset at the way the team started the Arizona game, but If I look at the 2nd half as an extension tot he Miami game, I feel much better about it. I still hated the gameplan for the end of the 4th quarter, but I've always thought McD's situational decision making in tight spots was his weakest ability as a coach.

Hopefully this year he proves that he's learned from his past mistakes when it really matters.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I also put this team's miserable unpreparedness to play in Cincinnati completely at his feet. That game to me showed that he didn't have the ability to be a true leader, let alone a force multiplier for this team.

If you mean the loss in playoffs after 2022 season, that game was played at Highmark Stadium - which only bolsters your point. 

4 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

It wasn’t BB’s game plan that stopped the Bills in SB25, it was the Bills D’s inability to get the Giants O off the field, as they allowed the Giants to hold the ball for over 40 minutes.

Thurman had 15 carries for 135 yards and a TD. BB’s D hardly slowed him down. And it was an Andre Reed drop on a 3rd and 1, with the Bills up 12-3 that was the turning point in the game, not some mastery by BB.

Point being, it wasn’t BB’s genius that stopped the Bills, it was the Bills that stopped themselves.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, 90sBills said:

Going out on a limb here since I don’t know either personally…both are also straight men. So many similarities. 

I guess you don’t remember when McDermott grabbed Knox’s junk on the sideline. 

• Haha (+1) 2