STOP WITH THE DISTRACTIONS

K D

17 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Look I get it…Your not supposed to agree with a Trump supporter…I promise I won’t tell anyone…😉

I don’t mind agreeing with Trump supporters. Most of my family voted for Trump. 

I just wanted to point out that blaming all inflation on increased currency is simply wrong.  

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t mind agreeing with Trump supporters. Most of my family voted for Trump. 

I just wanted to point out that blaming all inflation on increased currency is simply wrong.  

I’m just saying that, from my understanding, the original definition of “inflation” referred to inflating the amount of currency into circulation…And that over time people took it to mean high prices because the two were related, and it was easier for people to understand…So, people accept that as the current definition…

When you say that “inflation” is caused by many things, I think this is where we are having the biggest disconnect due to using two different definitions for “inflation”…

I use the original version of inflation- increase of currency into circulation…Whereas you seem to be using the modern definition, which simply means high prices…But according to the original definition, high prices are the result of inflation…It might not sound like a big deal, but when we are trying to come up with a solution for “inflation”, it really makes a world of difference…👍

…The following is straight from Google on the original definition of inflation….

“The original meaning of the word "inflation" was a change in the ratio of currency in circulation to the amount of precious metal that made up a country's money. This was due to the depreciation of currency that occurred during the American Civil War, when the number of redeemable banknotes exceeded the amount of metal available to redeem them.  

So, in layman’s terms, what does this mean? Why did currency depreciate during the Civil War, causing the price of goods to increase? Google responded…

“…During the Civil War, currency, particularly Confederate money, rapidly depreciated because the Confederate government printed excessive amounts of paper money to finance the war, which was not backed by any tangible assets like gold…”

“…The term "inflation" has since come to be synonymous with a general increase in prices. This is because the word has evolved from being applied metaphorically to something, to being applied literally and consistently to prices.”  👍

So, now that we know that the increased currency into circulation has weakened the buying power of each dollar, causing prices on goods and services to increase, I came across two main options for fixing it…

1. Cut government spending

Or

2. Raise taxes

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

“Money available to be spent in the system”?

What does this even mean?

Thats not how inflation works…Maybe you need to read my previous post again…

All of your questions that you asked, in your response, are there in my post…

I would love to see a minimum 5% tax cut to all tax payers, and a minimum 5% reduction in government spending in the first year…

What is your definition?

You’re wrong.  Flat wrong.  Cutting taxes increases, at least in theory, purchasing power.  It’s not necessarily going to help with inflation because a consumer with more money to spend/waste is going to do exactly that and sustain higher prices.  The best way to beat inflation,  to the extent there is one, is to raise interest rates (and to incentivize saving given the higher cost of borrowing money), to facilitate supply (both of overhead items like fuel and of goods themselves), and to penalize gouging.  All this idiotic idea of a 5% across the board cut you have for all taxpayers is give Terry Pegula (for example) 5% of a lot and you and most other people who read this 5% of comparatively little.  Rich folks love you for stupid ideas like that one. 

14 hours ago, K D said:

They want Trump to talk about cats and rally crowds. Anything but talk about how Americans can't afford groceries or gas or how Kamala failed as border czar. It's all a distraction. Look at the smirk on her face when she made fun of his rally rather than answer the question about the border. Stop feeding the trolls. They don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the ACTUAL POLICIES!

This is your side, dumbass. You have no actual policies beyond your fake culture war. Eat it up because it’s only going to get worse for you. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m just saying that, from my understanding, the original definition of “inflation” referred to inflating the amount of currency into circulation…And that over time people took it to mean high prices because the two were related, and it was easier for people to understand…So, people accept that as the current definition…

When you say that “inflation” is caused by many things, I think this is where we are having the biggest disconnect due to using two different definitions for “inflation”…

I use the original version of inflation- increase of currency into circulation…Whereas you seem to be using the modern definition, which simply means high prices…But according to the original definition, high prices are the result of inflation…It might not sound like a big deal, but when we are trying to come up with a solution for “inflation”, it really makes a world of difference…👍

…The following is straight from Google on the original definition of inflation….

“The original meaning of the word "inflation" was a change in the ratio of currency in circulation to the amount of precious metal that made up a country's money. This was due to the depreciation of currency that occurred during the American Civil War, when the number of redeemable banknotes exceeded the amount of metal available to redeem them.  

So, in layman’s terms, what does this mean? Why did currency depreciate during the Civil War, causing the price of goods to increase? Google responded…

“…During the Civil War, currency, particularly Confederate money, rapidly depreciated because the Confederate government printed excessive amounts of paper money to finance the war, which was not backed by any tangible assets like gold…”

“…The term "inflation" has since come to be synonymous with a general increase in prices. This is because the word has evolved from being applied metaphorically to something, to being applied literally and consistently to prices.”  👍

So, now that we know that the increased currency into circulation has weakened the buying power of each dollar, causing prices on goods and services to increase, I came across two main options for fixing it…

1. Cut government spending

Or

2. Raise taxes

What are you getting at? Inflation is already back to "normal" and the fed is getting ready to cut interest rates. Prices are not ever going back to what they were several years ago. That just can't happen. The problem has been solved

What will Trump's killing of Obamacare to for the average Americans health care costs? He has no solution to fix that, he has said he will kill Obamacare and he has no plan whatsoever to replace it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Was also on another “news show” Harris couldn’t handle the right wing equivalent of - but she’ll totally stand up to Putin and the Taliban. 

Right. 

Also your hero just acknowledged the “eating cats” story was fake. Some Christian he is. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Right. 

Also your hero just acknowledged the “eating cats” story was fake. Some Christian he is. 

“My supporters are gullible idiots and the candidate atop the ticket is a gullible idiot. I believe pointing this out to the voters is a good strategy”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

“My supporters are gullible idiots and the candidate atop the ticket is a gullible idiot. I believe pointing this out to the voters is a good strategy”

I like how Big Blitz’s “sources” try to frame this as some kind of win for Vance 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I like how Big Blitz’s “sources” try to frame this as some kind of win for Vance 

I don’t think he’s ever posted anything that wasn’t about how good things are for Trump. 

Trump could have ***** himself on the stage, reached into his pants for a handful and tasted it, and Big Blitz would be talking about what a bit power move it was and how it ensured Trump would win 50 states. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

I immediately know it is - because you’re talking about him.

Liberals only give attention to the people they fear will win elections.  And Lol “look at how dead his eyes are!!”  

Conservatives give attention to the people they know will destroy the country.  

Please post the whole interview in its entirety.  

13 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Cutting spending is the key…

As you know ”Infaltion” is simply artificially injecting more currency into circulation to pay for government spending…When you do this, it diminishes the value of each dollar currently in circulation…This causes the price of everything to increase, because each dollar is now worth less than it was before…

So, while you can’t, technically, take currency out of circulation, cutting spending and giving tax cuts across the board will allow business to grow to a point where it will seem like the high prices aren’t as bad anymore- almost like the economy is catching up to the inflation…

I don’t pretend to be an economist, but a tax break to everyone who pays taxes, and cutting government spending, is always a good start to getting the economy back on track…

Unfortunately, politicians promise the world in order to get votes, so they are afraid to do it…

But Trump’s policy of “no tax on tips” is a good start…👍

I would like to see a 5% reduction in government spending across the board…

Which was the entire reason for the US Gov't doing away with the gold standard so they could print & spend as much as they see fit, not to mention the fact that the "Great Woodrow Wilson" passing the federal reserve act in 1937 giving control of the US dollar to a centralized bank was also a huge component but most Americans are clueless and don't care as long as they get there entitlements as Americans .

If the gold standard would have been kept in place they couldn't spend like they do because then they would be held to the same kind of law as the citizens they are elected to lead but they think they are above the law .

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Blitz said:

I immediately know it is - because you’re talking about him.

Liberals only give attention to the people they fear will win elections.  And Lol “look at how dead his eyes are!!”  

Conservatives give attention to the people they know will destroy the country.  

Please post the whole interview in its entirety.  

I hope we destroy your version of the country, a weak rambling mess of America 

• Haha (+1) 1