STOP WITH THE DISTRACTIONS

K D

They want Trump to talk about cats and rally crowds. Anything but talk about how Americans can't afford groceries or gas or how Kamala failed as border czar. It's all a distraction. Look at the smirk on her face when she made fun of his rally rather than answer the question about the border. Stop feeding the trolls. They don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the ACTUAL POLICIES!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, K D said:

They want Trump to talk about cats and rally crowds. Anything but talk about how Americans can't afford groceries or gas or how Kamala failed as border czar. It's all a distraction. Look at the smirk on her face when she made fun of his rally rather than answer the question about the border. Stop feeding the trolls. They don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to the ACTUAL POLICIES!

What is the MAGA policy to reduce inflation?

(Aside from, like, downplaying a pandemic,  which led to pent up demand,  and then printing free money (didn’t trump sign some of those checks) at the same time.  That had nothing to do with inflation at all!  Hoax.)

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

What is the MAGA policy to reduce inflation?

(Aside from, like, downplaying a pandemic,  which led to pent up demand,  and then printing free money (didn’t trump sign some of those checks) at the same time.  That had nothing to do with inflation at all!  Hoax.)

It better be to cut spending and reduce everyone’s taxes…So simple and proven to work time and again…But Big Government will always fight not feeding themselves…👍

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, JaCrispy said:

It better be to cut spending and reduce everyone’s taxes…So simple and proven to work time and again…But Big Government will always fight not feeding themselves…👍

There you go.  You don’t know what it is.  And, it’s one thing to say “tax cuts.”  It’s another to be specific about it.  What types? For whom? When? 

Also, how is it that tax cuts will reduce inflation?  Seems like injecting more money into the

economy will have the opposite effect.  So I’m not sure how that interacts with the concerns about inflation. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

There you go.  You don’t know what it is.  And, it’s one thing to say “tax cuts.”  It’s another to be specific about it.  What types? For whom? When? 

Also, how is it that tax cuts will reduce inflation?  Seems like injecting more money into the

economy will have the opposite effect.  So I’m not sure how that interacts with the concerns about inflation. 

Trump won’t stop talking about huge tariffs across the board but his supporters think he’s going to cut costs for them?

17 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Cutting spending is the key…

As you know ”Infaltion” is simply artificially injecting more currency into circulation to pay for government spending…When you do this, it diminishes the value of each dollar currently in circulation…This causes the price of everything to increase, because each dollar is now worth less than it was before…

So, while you can’t, technically, take currency out of circulation, cutting spending and giving tax cuts across the board will allow business to grow to a point where it will seem like the high prices aren’t as bad anymore- almost like the economy is catching up to the inflation…

I don’t pretend to be an economist, but a tax break to everyone who pays taxes, and cutting government spending, is always a good start to getting the economy back on track…

Unfortunately, politicians promise the world in order to get votes, so they are afraid to do it…

But Trump’s policy of “no tax on tips” is a good start…👍

I would like to see a 5% reduction in government spending across the board…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Cutting spending is the key…

As you know ”Infaltion” is simply artificially injecting more currency into circulation to pay for government spending…When you do this, it diminishes the value of each dollar currently in circulation…This causes the price of everything to increase, because each dollar is now worth less than it was before…

So, while you can’t, technically, take currency out of circulation, cutting spending and giving tax cuts across the board will allow business to grow to a point where it will seem like the high prices aren’t as bad anymore- almost like the economy is catching up to the inflation…

I don’t pretend to be an economist, but a tax break to everyone who pays taxes, and cutting government spending, is always a good start to getting the economy back on track…

Unfortunately, politicians promise the world in order to get votes, so they are afraid to do it…

But Trump’s policy of “no tax on tips” is a good start…👍

I would like to see a 5% reduction in government spending across the board…

But you still have no specifics.  And you still can’t deal with the problem of more money

available to be spent in the system.  So I ask again - what is this approach going to do to ease inflation?  (The answer is that it won’t.) 

Edited by SectionC3

Just now, SectionC3 said:

But you still have no specifics.  And you still can’t deal with the problem of more money

available to be spent in the system.  So I ask again - what is this approach going to do to ease inflation?  (The answer is that it won’t.) 

“Money available to be spent in the system”?

What does this even mean?

Thats not how inflation works…Maybe you need to read my previous post again…

All of your questions that you asked, in your response, are there in my post…

I would love to see a minimum 5% tax cut to all tax payers, and a minimum 5% reduction in government spending in the first year…

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

This is fundamentally incorrect 

What is your definition?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You know how some fool will call a wager a “stone cold lock?” 99.9 percent chance of winning?

Run away from that fool. No such thing in the NFL or in today’s presidential elections. 

So…..that’s if he wins that % of the popular vote per the poll. 

Where as if she wins the popular vote by < 3 he has higher odds of winning the EC.  

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

What is your definition?

Well, I don’t personally define the word, but here are some actual definitions:

“Inflation is a gradual loss of purchasing power that is reflected in a broad rise in prices for goods and services over time.” (Investopedia)

“Inflation is the rate of increase in prices over a given period of time. Inflation is typically a broad measure, such as the overall increase in prices or the increase in the cost of living in a country.” (IMF)

Increasing the monetary supply can lead to inflation but it’s not the only cause and assuming it is can lead to misunderstanding the economic situation.   

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, I don’t personally define the word, but here are some actual definitions:

“Inflation is a gradual loss of purchasing power that is reflected in a broad rise in prices for goods and services over time.” (Investopedia)

“Inflation is the rate of increase in prices over a given period of time. Inflation is typically a broad measure, such as the overall increase in prices or the increase in the cost of living in a country.” (IMF)

Increasing the monetary supply can lead to inflation but it’s not the only cause and assuming it is can lead to misunderstanding the economic situation.   

Thats fine…I can buy this…

Its really not that far off from what I said, so “fundamentally incorrect” seems a little dramatic, but whatever…

I had heard from some economy people before, that because prices increased on things, that that was what the word “inflation” came to be known as- and that the original definition was more tied to “inflating” the currency, which in turn, diminishes the dollar, and leads to high prices…

But I’m not going to split hairs, here…I think we both have a general idea of what it means…👍

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Thats fine…I can buy this…

Its really not that far off from what I said, so “fundamentally incorrect” seems a little dramatic, but whatever…

I had heard from some economy people before, that because prices increased on things, that that was what the word “inflation” came to be known as- and that the original definition was more tied to “inflating” the currency, which in turn, diminishes the dollar, and leads to high prices…

But I’m not going to split hairs, here…I think we both have a general idea of what it means…👍

I dunno man. Feels like saying “If your car doesn’t start, it’s always because the battery is dead” versus “cars not starting can have various causes”.

If you’re trying to figure out how to address the issue, immediately ruling out all potential causes except one seems like a bad way to it. 

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

I dunno man. Feels like saying “If your car doesn’t start, it’s always because the battery is dead” versus “cars not starting can have various causes”.

If you’re trying to figure out how to address the issue, immediately ruling out all potential causes except one seems like a bad way to it. 

Look I get it…Your not supposed to agree with a Trump supporter…I promise I won’t tell anyone…😉

• Haha (+1) 1