Things I loved seeing on Thursday

Rubes

• Spector looking like he belonged.
  • Edwards and Bishop together in game action. Each with outstanding pass breakups.
  • The Fins RT lined up across Von in the 2nd half called for a false start. Von is back.
  • The number 46 on the jersey of the guy heading to the house with the pick-6. ("No way!")
  • Hill and Waddle on the bench in the second half. With their offense on the field. Just like last year.
  • Mitch Trubisky on the field in the second half.
  • Domination in the white-on-blues. Love that combo.

GO BILLS

• Like (+1) 24
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:
  • Edwards and Bishop together in game action. Each with outstanding pass breakups.
  • The Fins RT lined up across Von in the 2nd half called for a false start. Von is back.
  • The number 46 on the jersey of the guy heading to the house with the pick-6. ("No way!")
  • Hill and Waddle on the bench in the second half. With their offense on the field. Just like last year.

GO BILLS

These are all VERY nice things, and I really loved a few plays by Bishop and Edwards. That was very promising and I can’t wait to see more. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

GO BILLS

Bishop made a couple of really nice plays on that last drive and looks big, fast and athletic. BUT, let’s wait to see him when he gets more regular time, which may be soon.

a lot to like Thursday unless your playing your son in fantasy football and you have josh Allen and he has James Cooke and Bufallo D.

I’m happy with the fantasy loss

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

GO BILLS

Love seeing $58M/year in WRs sitting on the bench.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

GO BILLS

To your first point, I'm fine with Spector.

I'm more concerned that Dorian doesn't quite seem to be up to speed yet after having played probably over a thousand regular season and playoff snaps.

I really want to see more from Dorian because physically he's everything you could want. If he ever puts together the mental part of the game...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Poleshifter said:

One penalty for the Bills. Spencer Brown false start when the defense was jumping around.

Waddle sure looked disinterested sitting on the bench. Hill seemed concerned, at least.

I couldn’t help watching the game again last night!

Speaking of Hill, after watching the interview Thursday night and how Tyreek responded to the traffic stop with millions watching. I came away from the interview having found a whole new love and respect for the man we call the cheetah. (Bills caged him)

Our country needs more of this... 

Edited by Figster
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Rubes said:

GO BILLS

I would add one penalty for just 5 yards, when was the last time you saw that in a Bills box score?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He was my guy, but I LOVED watching cook smoke JP21.  Bad angle and not enough speed-  typical of one we’ve seen the last couple years. Another instance of addition by subtraction. 

I loved watching McDaniels use Achane over and over and over and over again in a game that had already been determined.  Wear his body down even more please!

Our front 4-  I loved watching Von Miller look like Von Miller and our DL wreck the Miami OL.  Daquan had a few series where he was manhandling his guy.  Ed coming up huge.  

more than anything- I loved watching our misfit back 7 completely shut down Miami’s 60M WRs

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Loved seeing all those empty seats in the third quarter.
  • Loved seeing an adjusted offensive game plan from week one. Would have liked to see some more of Coleman, but shifting focus to different receivers from one week to the next is what's going to make this offense effective.
  • Loved that the same can be said for the defense, albeit more out of necessity. On offense, and defense, McD and co. adjusted to their players' strengths, and their opponents' strengths/weaknesses. Some of the best coaching I can remember seeing from this crew. They have not reached their ceiling.
  • Loved seeing Ingram ascend so decisively.
  • Loved watching Shakir. He's consistently exciting to watch, and has become one of my favorite players. 
  • Loved being wrong on several players, including Cam Lewis, Von Miller, Baylon Spector, and David Edwards. (Wish I could be wrong on Tyler Bass...)

HATED seeing what happened to Tua. I also learned that I despise Mike McDaniel, and Chris Grier. It is disgusting how they have handled Tua. Developing a scheme in which Tua gets the ball out of his hands as fast as humanly possible is not a responsible alternative to providing a concussion-prone QB with a competent O-line. But, that's what they did-- completely ignored an already crappy O-line that had clearly become worse in the offseason. And the way they handled his injuries in '22, clearly putting him back on the field too early was evil. I'm not even sure how that could have played out, considering the concussion protocols in place at the time, but we all saw it happen. Seeing McDaniel kiss Tua on the side of his head, as he was walking off the field for likely the last time in his career filled me with a quiet rage.

Edited by Rocky Landing
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

To your first point, I'm fine with Spector.

I'm more concerned that Dorian doesn't quite seem to be up to speed yet after having played probably over a thousand regular season and playoff snaps.

I really want to see more from Dorian because physically he's everything you could want. If he ever puts together the mental part of the game...

Including playoffs, Dorian Williams has played 343 snaps in the NFL. 1/3 of what you think he has… 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He was my guy, but I LOVED watching cook smoke JP21.  Bad angle and not enough speed-  typical of one we’ve seen the last couple years. Another instance of addition by subtraction. 

The one thing I thought after seeing that play was how right Beane was making that move. It was like a Belichick move, moving on from an aging player when it’s time and then totally taking advantage of him on the other side.

• Like (+1) 3