Since putting 70 on the Broncos the Phins are 8-9, including playoffs

dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I've said it a bunch and I'll keep repeating it: McDaniel is closer to the end of his tenure as head coach than the beginning. He's an excellent play designer but he is NOT a head coach. His schtick is gonna wear thin on players and fans alike. 

I've also said, and will continue to say, that Tua wilts in big moments, and he's not the guy to lead them to a championship.

So long as one or both of those guys are leading the team, I will not fear them.

Seems like it is his genuine personality and not shtick. His players respect him. But losing gets every coach fired sooner or later.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's funny.  At the time, that 70-20 thrashing was considered by some - especially by the non-Bills fans of South Florida - as Miami's coming out party.  McDaniel, the offensive genius, finally got the players and built the team he wanted.  Tua finally became the QB his believers always knew he could become.  Achane, a rookie then, burst forth as one of the league's most dangerous backs with 200 yards rushing.  This offense, now firing on all cylinders, was going to start steamrolling people as the Fins marched to the SB.  

Only it never happened.  

What was so stupid about the reaction to that game is that no one talked about the heat stroke level conditions Broncos were in under the sun or how a lot of those points were against the Broncos backups.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to defend that crap team but they have had both of their really good DEs out for most of that time. Those are some big losses. 

and they are very soft anyways. 

I think everyone has those issues.  Ultimately they peaked during that game and got a swelled head because of that game.

5 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Van Ginkle was a heck of a player for them too. Big loss. 

Miami has done what Miami always does. They trade draft picks and big FA money on big names. OBJ signing is a good example. Guy is pretty washed, doesn't really seem to blend with what they do and way more costly then a comparable player. But he has name recognition. The Dolphins aren't so much a cohesive team as they are a collection of talented players. And there's a big difference.

Does Ross insist on players for his parries like $nyder did?

6 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

👆

All of those are some of the reasons I’m not placing a tremendous amount of weight on this “Terrific” coaching job, by the Bills. Loved watching them thrash the Fins but their O was puking all over the field , every other play.

The Miami team that took the field Thursday was still squarely functioning at preseason levels and it showed.

You should’t quote terrific. You should underline it, bold it and italicize it because….it was terrific.

• Like (+1) 2

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to defend that crap team but they have had both of their really good DEs out for most of that time. Those are some big losses. 

and they are very soft anyways. 

That isn’t really true.  They lost Phillips in Week 12 and Chubb in Week 17.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Logic said:

I've said it a bunch and I'll keep repeating it: McDaniel is closer to the end of his tenure as head coach than the beginning. He's an excellent play designer but he is NOT a head coach. His schtick is gonna wear thin on players and fans alike. 

I've also said, and will continue to say, that Tua wilts in big moments, and he's not the guy to lead them to a championship.

So long as one or both of those guys are leading the team, I will not fear them.

The funny thing is he’s now extended through 2028 so if they want to move on, the Dolphins have to eat his entire contract.

Reminds me of the Duck Jauron deal where everyone knew he needed to go but Ralph just re-signed him and was too cheap to let him go!

• Dislike 1

16 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they are a badly built team IMO. All speed and razzle dazzle not much meat and potatoes. Letting Wilkins (their only toughness) walk was a mistake.

Hunt on the other side too. 

6 hours ago, Talley56 said:

And they were very fortunate it wasn't 7-10.  I didn't watch the game, but, it sounds like Jacksonville really should have beaten them last weekend.

Huge field flip. Holland forced Etienne to fumble at like the 2 yard line through the end zone. Hill had the long TD shortly after. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

That game was similar to the bills last loss to the dolphins where the heat was nuts.  The dolphins dominated and the Bronocos defenders were getting IVs and whatnot.   Meanwhile the dolphins just kept the foot on the gas.   The fact it got to 70 made it so blown out of proportion.  It’s just a matter of time before that team gets blowed up.  

• Agree 1

they had the chance to set an all time NFL record and wimped out because they didn't want to hurt Denver's feelings. 

Football might be the only sport where continuing to play the game is considered an insult. I can't think of another. 

Neither can the football gods, whose displeasure was felt in many ways last season, one of which was forcing the Dolphins to play a game in Antarctic conditions in KC

On 9/15/2024 at 6:50 AM, BillsfaninChicago said:

And sadly we lost to that same Broncos squad later in the season 😢 

And i believe that was the last straw for dorsey.  I know the coaching mistake on the missed FG "cost them the game".  But buffalo ran 52 plays (denver had 71) and had 22:39 in time of possession.  Buffalo outgained them too, but the old "complementary football" argument reared its ugly head - turnovers being the big one. 

Hard to argue with the team results post-dorsey though.  We didn't win time of possession in miami, but they didn't really need to as the team had gotten by with a few explosives while miami threw up all over themselves.  

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Allen2Coleman said:

Karma for being such Dbags to Denver?

Ya know, A2C, that is exactly what I was thinking when I posted it, but never said it.

Thank you.

They beat the Broncos by 50.  In '21 we beat the Texans, a team who beat us a couple of years previously in the playoffs, by 40 on a terrible weather day.  Sure, there was a bit of revenge.  However, I have no memory of us being overly jerky to them or their fans afterwards.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

And i believe that was the last straw for dorsey.  I know the coaching mistake on the missed FG "cost them the game".  But buffalo ran 52 plays (denver had 71) and had 22:39 in time of possession.  Buffalo outgained them too, but the old "complementary football" argument reared its ugly head - turnovers being the big one. 

Hard to argue with the team results post-dorsey though.  We didn't win time of possession in miami, but they didn't really need to as the team had gotten by with a few explosives while miami threw up all over themselves.  

Yeah that is spot on. It was a tough pill to swallow but man we began to light it up after Dorsey was let go.