Since putting 70 on the Broncos the Phins are 8-9, including playoffs

dollars 2 donuts

It's funny.  At the time, that 70-20 thrashing was considered by some - especially by the non-Bills fans of South Florida - as Miami's coming out party.  McDaniel, the offensive genius, finally got the players and built the team he wanted.  Tua finally became the QB his believers always knew he could become.  Achane, a rookie then, burst forth as one of the league's most dangerous backs with 200 yards rushing.  This offense, now firing on all cylinders, was going to start steamrolling people as the Fins marched to the SB.  

Only it never happened.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I've said it a bunch and I'll keep repeating it: McDaniel is closer to the end of his tenure as head coach than the beginning. He's an excellent play designer but he is NOT a head coach. His schtick is gonna wear thin on players and fans alike. 

I've also said, and will continue to say, that Tua wilts in big moments, and he's not the guy to lead them to a championship.

So long as one or both of those guys are leading the team, I will not fear them.

• Agree 4

Their Offense has been coming back down to Earth. Last 6 games: Bills x2, Ravens, Chiefs, Jags and Cowboys. 22, 19, 14, 7, 20, 10. I know (except for the Jags) those are some great defenses but when Offense is your bread and butter and you score 92 point in 6 games for a 15 point average you aren't going to win a ton of games (especially when you spend all your money on Offense)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

👆

All of those are some of the reasons I’m not placing a tremendous amount of weight on this “Terrific” coaching job, by the Bills. Loved watching them thrash the Fins but their O was puking all over the field , every other play.

The Miami team that took the field Thursday was still squarely functioning at preseason levels and it showed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not to defend that crap team but they have had both of their really good DEs out for most of that time. Those are some big losses. 

and they are very soft anyways. 

Yea they are a badly built team IMO. All speed and razzle dazzle not much meat and potatoes. Letting Wilkins (their only toughness) walk was a mistake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea they are a badly built team IMO. All speed and razzle dazzle not much meat and potatoes. Letting Wilkins (their only toughness) walk was a mistake.

Van Ginkle was a heck of a player for them too. Big loss. 

Miami has done what Miami always does. They trade draft picks and big FA money on big names. OBJ signing is a good example. Guy is pretty washed, doesn't really seem to blend with what they do and way more costly then a comparable player. But he has name recognition. The Dolphins aren't so much a cohesive team as they are a collection of talented players. And there's a big difference.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Are they though? They were one of the least talented teams in a long time 5 years ago. They have one of the best receiving cores in the nfl; maybe the best RBs room; and a ton of defensive talent. Chubb and Philips are double digit sack guys if healthy, which makes their secondary better. 

injuries and the Tua situation really screwed them but I’d put them as a top 10 roster. That said, playing in Miami makes you soft. 

40 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

i hear ya, but we have some injuries over that time, too.

Oh 100% and we have Allen instead of Tua and a tougher team. But if healthy, that is a really good DE duo and those are game changers. Look at our defense with Von and Groot this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are they though? They were one of the least talented teams in a long time 5 years ago. They have one of the best receiving cores in the nfl; maybe the best RBs room; and a ton of defensive talent. Chubb and Philips are double digit sack guys if healthy, which makes their secondary better. 

And a horrible offensive line. And the middle of their defense - DT, ILB, S - is soft as *****. The two edge rushers you mention only wanna rush the passer and don't want to play the run. 

I think it's been built entirely for flash. And that doesn't work IMO.

As for a top 10 roster? Maybe. If they are they are bottom end of the top 10. I'd have them in the next batch to be honest 11-15

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And a horrible offensive line. And the middle of their defense - DT, ILB, S - is soft as *****. The two edge rushers you mention only wanna rush the passer and don't want to play the run. 

I think it's been built entirely for flash. And that doesn't work IMO.

As for a top 10 roster? Maybe. If they are they are bottom end of the top 10. I'd have them in the next batch to be honest 11-15

They averaged 5.1 ypc as a team last year, which is insane. Imagine Herbert (Flores was right) instead of Tua. Or imagine Josh Allen on that team. With the salary cap (you can’t have a perfect team), that’s a good roster. 

but I do agree it has its flaws. and I really do Miami makes nfl players soft. And I totally get it too. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They averaged 5.1 ypc as a team last year, which is insane. Imagine Herbert (Flores was right) instead of Tua. Or imagine Josh Allen on that team. With the salary cap (you can’t have a perfect team), that’s a good roster. 

but I do agree it has its flaws. and I really do Miami makes nfl players soft. And I totally get it too. 

I can't remember a championship team though with so little toughness. They always have a mix of flash and substance. I don't think the Fins have that balance right.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They have one of the best receiving cores in the nfl; maybe the best RBs room; and a ton of defensive talent.

Their receiving corps behind Hill and Waddle is weak. No TE to speak of and some 2017 fantasy players in Chosen and OBJ.  I do believe their RBs room is good.  As for their D having a ton of talent?...Philips likely came back too soon, Chubb on PUP. no DTs to speak of and as Josh's neck crane proved, who's playing LB?  Holland is the only secondary player that would displace someone on Bills CB/S depth chart.  Ramsey and Fuller are just names at this point of their careers and Po is washed up.  

• Like (+1) 2