What are the odds?? I have a good story for you all… please share your stories of cool coincidences.

Bad Things

no as good as some of these, but years ago i was checking a patient for a routine visit who i had never met.  he was asking me casual but specific questions about my age, if i was from the area, school, etc.  then he started asking about my parents, specifically my mom.  long story short, he was the obgyn that delivered me.  i have no idea how he even put two and two together, but i was fun meeting the guy that helped bring me into this world.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, teef said:

no as good as some of these, but years ago i was checking a patient for a routine visit who i had never met.  he was asking me casual but specific questions about my age, if i was from the area, school, etc.  then he started asking about my parents, specifically my mom.  long story short, he was the obgyn that delivered me.  i have no idea how he even put two and two together, but i was fun meeting the guy that helped bring me into this world.

How does it feel knowing that he saw your mom's va jay jay?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how noticeable was his disappointment?

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I'm up for it.  

Book a flight.  You can stay with me.  We can play the Blind Fold game where we have to feel everywhere we walk.  You still down?

I mean we don't have to play that game but I would be pretty disappointed and I will show it.  You will ask me a questions and then I will give you short answers.

Probably tell you I'm going to be early and walk away with a big sigh.  

23 minutes ago, teef said:

there certainly could be worse people that have seen it.  

Do you think you have had worse men see your penis?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you think you and I could eat an 11 lbs pizza together?

https://bigpieinthesky.com/carnivore-challenge/

They spend a lot of time on Rule #2. What are the odds that you two violate Rule #2 on your date? 

This reminds me of the signs in New Orleans cabs warning of a $250 fine for “peeing, puking or pooping” in the car. How often must that happen if they need these signs? WooHoo! Sounds like great times!!!   😂 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

They spend a lot of time on Rule #2. What are the odds that you two violate Rule #2 on your date? 

This reminds me of the signs in New Orleans cabs warning of a $250 fine for “peeing, puking or pooping” in the car. How often must that happen if they need these signs? WooHoo! Sounds like great times!!!   😂 

So if you step in s*** in Nawlin's you can't be sure it's dog s*** ? 

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So if you step in s*** in Nawlin's you can't be sure it's dog s*** ? 

The same could be said in midtown according to those who live there, so yeah, you never know. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Book a flight.  You can stay with me.  We can play the Blind Fold game where we have to feel everywhere we walk.  You still down?

I mean we don't have to play that game but I would be pretty disappointed and I will show it.  You will ask me a questions and then I will give you short answers.

Probably tell you I'm going to be early and walk away with a big sigh.  

I, uh, got to shave my dog that day.  Sorry.  

9 hours ago, Augie said:

It's not just new Orleans.

The last time I was back in Upstate NY, I was gobsmacked when I saw a sign on Irondequoit Beach stating, "No defecating on the beach." 🤔

Maybe people need to cut down on their intake of Garbage Plates and White Hots.

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

It's not just new Orleans.

The last time I was back in Upstate NY, I was gobsmacked when I saw a sign on Irondequoit Beach stating, "No defecating on the beach." 🤔

Maybe people need to cut down on their intake of Garbage Plates and White Hots.

Those foods will getcha, but it’s what it get washed down with that will kill ya!   

• Haha (+1) 1

OK, here's another one that was pretty cool.  It 's not as good as my original story, but still was fun.

About 10 years ago, I was flying back to visit family in Rochester.

When I arrived at LAX, I went to my gate to wait for my next flight.

While I was looking around for a place to sit, I noticed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar sitting there, waiting for the same flight.  Wow!

Until then, I hadn't ever seen any famous people, so thought it was kinda cool.  I didn't do/say anything, just found a seat and waited for the flight.

After the flight took off, I killed time by flipped through the inflight magazine.  When I got to the "Sky Mall" section of the magazine, I had to do a double-take, when I saw that they were selling a framed print from the movie "Airplane!", which showed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar in the cockpit and was hand-signed by him.

I was sooo tempted to ask him to sign the photo on the Sky Mall page for me.