What are the odds?? I have a good story for you all… please share your stories of cool coincidences.

Bad Things

Went to St. Kitts in 1994 for our honeymoon - Jack Tar Village.  Attended the welcome reception and started talking to a couple. They asked where we lived I said “Buffalo”, but a little town nearby called “Tonawanda”. Guy looks at me and says so were they!  Turns out they lived a street over, maybe a 5 minute walk.

I wonder if they used the same travel broker as us so the coincidence was a little less amazing.  Regardless to meet them on our first night in a jam packed resort was really cool!

Edited by davefan66
  • Like (+1) 1

Over 4 decades ago, we were attending an early season Blue Jay game with our newly minted Son. Starts to rain in the old Exhibition Stadium. I head to the covered stands with my son in the Snugli.

This is how it went as I turned a random corner amid hundreds of fans.

Me… almost literally bumping into other Dad doing the same with his baby in his Snugli. “Son?”

Him: “Yeah”

Me: “When was he born?”

Him: “April 18”

Me: “Wow! My Son was born on the same day.”

Him: “Wow! Which Hospital?”

Me: “Toronto General Hospital”

Him: “ Me too! Who was your Dr.?”

Yep.

OUR same Doctor was going back and forth between our wives delivering our two sons!

There were additional weird comparisons down the road.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Over 4 decades ago, we were attending an early season Blue Jay game with our newly minted Son. Starts to rain in the old Exhibition Stadium. I head to the covered stands with my son in the Snugli.

This is how it went as I turned a random corner amid hundreds of fans.

Me… almost literally bumping into other Dad doing the same with his baby in his Snugli. “Son?”

Him: “Yeah”

Me: “When was he born?”

Him: “April 18”

Me: “Wow! My Son was born on the same day.”

Him: “Wow! Which Hospital?”

Me: “Toronto General Hospital”

Him: “ Me too! Who was your Dr.?”

Yep.

OUR same Doctor was going back and forth between our wives delivering our two sons!

There were additional weird comparisons down the road.

DId you guys come home with the correct babies?

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

About 20 years ago, a guy with my same exact name was driving under the influence, caused an accident and killed two people in Buffalo.

He was my age and the reports said he was barefoot.  I'm always barefoot.

I have a very unique name and I think there's only 3 people in the US with my name.  

The other guy with my name was a DirectTV customer who never returned his receiver boxes so DirecTV collections started calling me daily....this was about 15 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

About 20 years ago, a guy with my same exact name was driving under the influence, caused an accident and killed two people in Buffalo.

He was my age and the reports said he was barefoot.  I'm always barefoot.

I have a very unique name and I think there's only 3 people in the US with my name.  

The other guy with my name was a DirectTV customer who never returned his receiver boxes so DirecTV collections started calling me daily....this was about 15 years ago. 

This makes me wonder what those other two guys are saying about you.  I bet it’s good stuff. 

After college I was working in a bank branch in Hilton Head, SC and a lady comes in with her daughter who is wearing a Bills shirt. I strike up a conversation asking if they are from Buffalo. It went like this:

- Are you from Buffalo? 

- Yes, well right outside Buffalo around Williamsville.

- Really? What part of Williamsville? 

- Well, not actually Williamsville, more like East Amherst.

- What part of East Amherst?

- Well, technically it’s  Swormville.

- What part of Swormville? 

- Ransom Oaks. 

- What street in Ransom Oaks? 

- Fiddlers Green. 

- Which house on Fiddlers Green?

- The second one on the left.

- Is that the red house and you had two Newfoundlands? 

At this point she starts looking strangely concerned so I explained that I lived in the third house on the left, with a patch of common space between us. You don’t forget those Newfies! I think the daughter was special needs and I’d always rush out to say hello when they came in. Good people, those folks from somewhere outside of Buffalo! 

I drove past our houses when I was home for the opener and I thought of that first encounter with her. You never expect it to zero in quite like that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Posted this on another thread a coupe months ago.

My sister and her husband went on a cruise in the Mediterrean in late June.They spent 3 days in Rome and saw the Colesium.They were walking the mile or so back to their hotel and decided to get a drink on a hot day.  They were sitting taking when a woman and her adult daughter at the next table heard them and said "you're Americans too?Where are you from?" My sister replies "Buffalo". The woman said "We are too!" Turned out the adult daughter is the executive chef for the staff and players at Highmark Stadium!

Edited by Wacka
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Augie said:

- Are you from Buffalo? 

- Yes, well right outside Buffalo around Williamsville.

- Really? What part of Williamsville? 

- Well, not actually Williamsville, more like East Amherst.

- What part of East Amherst?

- Well, technically it’s  Swormville.

- What part of Swormville? 

- Ransom Oaks. 

- What street in Ransom Oaks? 

- Fiddlers Green. 

- Which house on Fiddlers Green?

- The second one on the left.

- Is that the red house and you had two Newfoundlands?

I'm sorry but I thought this conversation was finally going to end with "Nope, never heard of it" :D

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Please, you know that's not his real name.  It's actually Quarter Pounder with Cheese.  

We're going to need to do a passport check