Will Miami start taking calls on Hill?

RoscoeParrish

11 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Tyreek Hill is better than Diggs. His two years as a Dolphins: 1750 yards, 10 TDs, 119 catches is his average. He also doesn't have the "locker room cancer" label that Diggs has. If Diggs loses a step he's bad. If Hill loses a step he's still a #2 WR. 

Diggs didn't look too "bad" last week. Indeed I think he is at this point exactly what you say Hill would be. A legitimate #2. 

Not me arguing for the Bills to keep him btw. It was time for all parties. But Diggs already showed last week he is not finished as a player.

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Diggs didn't look too "bad" last week. Indeed I think he is at this point exactly what you say Hill would be. A legitimate #2. 

Not me arguing for the Bills to keep him btw. It was time for all parties. But Diggs already showed last week he is not finished as a player.

So I don't think he's washed. I think he's an average player. He had 6 catches for 33 yards. He was the #3 WR in terms of yardage last week... it just looks better because he scored 2 TDs. 

I also think Worthy is over-rated because people see the production (2 TDs) and fail to see all his plays. Same as Diggs. I think Houston loses this week and I think Diggs is shut down.... but we'll see.

• Disagree 2

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Being good at start of year is not same as being good in last quarter of year/  Diggs is now fresh and not taking himself off field as he was doing at Buffalo when teams concentrated on double covering and hitting him.  Sometimes Diggs would flag sideline he needed a break and sometimes he would just run off field and they would scramble to replace him.  Gabe Davis was doing full time blocking at times and kept doing it all game even getting a game ball one game for being unselfish without a target.

5 hours ago, dma0034 said:

So I don't think he's washed. I think he's an average player. He had 6 catches for 33 yards. He was the #3 WR in terms of yardage last week... it just looks better because he scored 2 TDs. 

I also think Worthy is over-rated because people see the production (2 TDs) and fail to see all his plays. Same as Diggs. I think Houston loses this week and I think Diggs is shut down.... but we'll see.

Nice sample size.  Is Hill washed because he didn’t do much Thursday?

16 hours ago, Process said:

Not sure on Hill but at some point in the near future they are going to need to blow it all up in Miami. They are a mess right now with a bad roster, bad coaching, and bad contracts. 

Yeah, they were down 24-7 with 3 minutes left in the first half and then their play calling and clock management were puzzling.  They were lucky to get a FG out of it.

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

You think that Houston will lose at home to the Bears?  I can't see that, but as they say...

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Nah.. Tyreek Hill is a still a Top 5 WR in this league.  

Worthy is going to be good if he can stay healthy.  His expected usage will be much higher than KC likely expected with Hollywood potentially done for the year.   We’ll see how he holds up. 

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Nice sample size.  Is Hill washed because he didn’t do much Thursday?

Gunner was the one who said he didn't look bad last week. I commented on Digg's performance in Week 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Nah.. Tyreek Hill is a still a Top 5 WR in this league.  

Worthy is going to be good if he can stay healthy.  His expected usage will be much higher than KC likely expected with Hollywood potentially done for the year.   We’ll see how he holds up. 

I do think injuries will play a part but unless they scheme him open I don't think it will be hard for DBs to push him off his routes.

2 hours ago, Doc said:

You think that Houston will lose at home to the Bears?  I can't see that, but as they say...

Texans played 7 games against top 12 Defenses last year: 1-6 and scored 18 points a game. You take out the Browns that they were 1-1 and had their two highest score Totals: 0-5 with 11.8 points a game. Bears have a top 12 Defense. 

Stroud struggled against elite Defenses last year. The only question I have is if the Bears Offense does enough.

August 3 SI- “The length of Hill's contract with the Dolphins remains the same — it expires after the 2026 season — — but what's changed are the guarantees.

Before the restructure, Hill had no guaranteed money left on his deal after the 2024 season.

Hill still will make $90 million over the next three years, but what's changed is the guaranteed money, per the ESPN report. The restructured contract will give him a four-year total, including 2023, of $106.5 million guaranteed, the most ever for any wide receiver.”

If Miami had any issues with this guy, they would not have done this deal. Additionally, a trade would scream that they are giving up in 2024. Only a football trade, for a qb and some lineman would make any kind of sense for the phins. Few teams have those kind assets. Parting with them to add a guy mid season is a giant risk for a trade partner. Hill’s picture is shown under the word “mercurial” in the dictionary. Miami will grind their way out of this or fail in the attempt. To do otherwise is to show no belief in your organization and coaches. Miami has created a financial meteor storm for themselves in the coming years, a blessing for us.