Will Miami start taking calls on Hill?

RoscoeParrish

3 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Every concussion Tua gets from now on could lead to CTE and Brain dysfunction. He has the potential to damage his brain. Do I think he plays? Yes.... but I also think any concussion on any given play could be his last. It's like Pat Lafontaine 

I think he was there prior to last nights game, and the only person who HONESTLY cant see it is him.  Dude has made $74m, won heisman & nat'l championship, and had a solid nfl career. If I 1,000% remove my Bills fandom here, I pray to God he retires.  Likeable, handsome, literally just turned 26.  Buy a big arse house on an island, and fill that mofo up with kids!!!!

All I can think is Jr Seau, Jovan Belcher, or Jim Mcmahon and dementia at 53!!! Its probably my inner dad taking over here, but please hang em up kid

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Not sure on Hill but at some point in the near future they are going to need to blow it all up in Miami. They are a mess right now with a bad roster, bad coaching, and bad contracts. 

I disagree on at least 2 of those 3 points. They had the #1 offense in the league last year and a top 10 defense. Their offense is stacked with talent and they stocked up on defense in this year's draft. Another good draft next year to help replenish their big men and secondary and they shouldn't miss a beat, assuming they have a QB. McDaniel also appears to be a good coach. I'd have him in consideration at the back end of my top 10 as of now. They struggle mightily against the Bills, which is obviously a huge problem but it shouldn't condemn their entire operation. It's a mirror version of us and the Brady-era Patriots.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I disagree on at least 2 of those 3 points. They had the #1 offense in the league last year and a top 10 defense. Their offense is stacked with talent and they stocked up on defense in this year's draft. Another good draft next year to help replenish their big men and secondary and they shouldn't miss a beat, assuming they have a QB. McDaniel also appears to be a good coach. I'd have him in consideration at the back end of my top 10 as of now. They struggle mightily against the Bills, which is obviously a huge problem but it shouldn't condemn their entire operation. It's a mirror version of us and the Brady-era Patriots.

Well I strongly disagree with your assumptions that Tua is a good quarterback and McDaniels is a good coach. Beating bad teams is meaningless when you fold every time you play a good one. So I guess that's where we differ. All good.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Well I strongly disagree with your assumptions that Tua is a good quarterback and McDaniels is a good coach. Beating bad teams is meaningless when you fold every time you play a good one. So I guess that's where we differ. All good.

We fold every time we play the Chiefs or Bengals in the playoffs, so not sure we should be throwing stones regarding "beating good teams"

How could they handle both Tua’s and Hill’s accelerated cap hit is Hill gets traded and Tua retires. 

they’d have to cut half their team that also don’t have guaranteed money left, if that would even cover it.

Like I’m sure they had a contingency plan when they signed Tua and guaranteed the rest of Hill’s contract, but I’m not sure what the heck it could be?

Granted, I haven’t looked at the dolphins cap situation, but what is their out and how could they make these deals without having an out planned?!?!

So there must be an out…right?

Edited by HardyBoy

35 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think they’re a good, not great team.

They’re going to struggle with any team who has strong OL/DL trench play.  

Turns out you’ve got to neglect somewhere if you want to pay for some flashy objects.. they chose the OL and interior DL to hang out to dry.   Hoping Tua’s quick release & a fast timing offense offsets the need for strong OL play .. and hoping they get up on teams and can just let Phillips, Robinson and eventually Chubb rush. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, it’s not crazy even if they take on a ton of dead cap. Trade him for a 2nd or whatever and get your new franchise QB. 

You still have good offensive skill in Waddle and Achane and could use that extra capital to build an Oline around him. 

Dolphins wouldn’t do it probably but if I was GM I’d start thinking about trading away pieces now that Tua is out possibly for good and take the cap hits while your QB is on the rookie deal 

6 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Cranky when you catch him speeding

-pass

-

Pass ?

On the right ? over the solid white line !

That's just reckless 😋

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Did they ever disclose why he wasn't playing as much in the first half?  It looked like it was an attitude thing.

This is where I appreciate an Andy Reid or McD.  McDaniels seems like a cool guy and coaches with a lot of passion and attitude.  However, I think that only works on players when you are winning.  If the team starts to lose, the players get tired of that coaching style and things go south quick.  

My Team mates says Mikey

Doubtful. Waddle gets banged up quite a bit, Hill is their real number 1, and McDaniel is an offensive-minded guy... He's going to keep all the offensive firepower he can.

They can try the 49ers route & just surround whoever is back there with every weapon possible. Shanahan is a better coach, but I could see McDaniel thinking he's capable of that.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Process said:

Not sure on Hill but at some point in the near future they are going to need to blow it all up in Miami. They are a mess right now with a bad roster, bad coaching, and bad contracts. 

One home loss and the people are out with their knives !!!

6 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I bet Chicago would be dumb enough to do that Trade.

Cleveland says hold my beer…, 

7 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Tyreek Hill is better than Diggs. His two years as a Dolphins: 1750 yards, 10 TDs, 119 catches is his average. He also doesn't have the "locker room cancer" label that Diggs has. If Diggs loses a step he's bad. If Hill loses a step he's still a #2 WR. 

But he has issues off of the field. Beating his pregnant girlfriend and beating his son with an object. Then issues with cops recently. No thanks!