Will Miami start taking calls on Hill?

RoscoeParrish

6 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Didn’t Hill and Waddle just sign extensions? It’s been like 16 hours. Nobody knows how Tua is gonna be. This talk is crazy 

It’s not crazy.  Their OL is complete trash and they’re healthy.  

they have no run D.  

Tua needs a somewhat competent OL imo.  Losing Connor Williams and Robert Hunt has crushed them.  

Did they ever disclose why he wasn't playing as much in the first half?  It looked like it was an attitude thing.

This is where I appreciate an Andy Reid or McD.  McDaniels seems like a cool guy and coaches with a lot of passion and attitude.  However, I think that only works on players when you are winning.  If the team starts to lose, the players get tired of that coaching style and things go south quick.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Did they ever disclose why he wasn't playing as much in the first half?  It looked like it was an attitude thing.

This is where I appreciate an Andy Reid or McD.  McDaniels seems like a cool guy and coaches with a lot of passion and attitude.  However, I think that only works on players when you are winning.  If the team starts to lose, the players get tired of that coaching style and things go south quick.  

McDaniel was a mess last night, worse than usual. The end of the first half was some of the worst 2 minute drill coaching I've ever seen in the NFL (and I watch McDermott every week!). 

They had no feel to get back momentum and it just all felt disjointed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It’s not crazy.  Their OL is complete trash and they’re healthy.  

they have no run D.  

Tua needs a somewhat competent OL imo.  Losing Connor Williams and Robert Hunt has crushed them.  

They're like a college student who spent all their money on beer and weed and forgot to budget for the electric bill. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

Even if they wanted to what would the return be?  Would he bring back what Diggs did, a 2nd rounder?

What teams would be willing to trade assets for a guy who brings off the field worries?  They can't trade him in the AFC for sure during the season that would be a nightmare for them.

The Rams maybe?  

Have to think his market would be very small if he were available considering the baggage that comes with him.

If he can beat up some more women or kill some dogs in the near future he would be perfect to go back to KC with scumbag Andy Reid.

Cleveland.

• Haha (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

McDaniel was a mess last night, worse than usual. The end of the first half was some of the worst 2 minute drill coaching I've ever seen in the NFL (and I watch McDermott every week!). 

They had no feel to get back momentum and it just all felt disjointed. 

I really wonder if McDaniel was trying to protect Tua from throwing a 3rd pick in the first half.  The Bills were not giving up anything deep.  The use of timeouts was interesting, but McDaniels did have them in position for a few endzone shots when all is said and done

2 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

After last night, Tua’s career may be in jeopardy. 

Tyreek has a base salary of only $1.2M this season. The Dolphins trading him now will accelerate his cap hit for next season, but still save them money. He’s already 30 and most speed guys don’t have much longer shelf life at that age.

If I was Miami, I think I move on now while I can still recoup some value. But they probably have a different opinion. 

So what do you think? Does Hill finish the season in a Dolphin uniform?

Wouldn’t Miami have to eat a ton of dead space?  Also whoever traded for Tyreek would need to take on a contract for a 30 year-old WR reliant on speed.  

I can’t see anyone making this deal

12 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I really wonder if McDaniel was trying to protect Tua from throwing a 3rd pick in the first half.  The Bills were not giving up anything deep.  The use of timeouts was interesting, but McDaniels did have them in position for a few endzone shots when all is said and done

That was a very odd drive.  Someone explained that McDaniel let the clock run on 2nd and 3rd down because he didn’t want to give Buffalo the ball back with enough to score.  

I think he also wanted to make sure they could leave the half with at least a FG bring the deficit down to 14.  

1 hour ago, BananaB said:

I don’t want to watch that POS on a weekly basis. Don’t matter how cheap it is

God forbid we have a wr that can take over a game. If the choice is between a guy who is a pos but is lights out on the field, and well liked in the locker room, and a great human who is an average NFL player, the Bills need to consider the former because the latter hasn’t done ***** for them for the past near 3 decades.

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Why would Miami trade Hill when they are getting Tom Brady?! 😂

Why the hell would Tom Brady come out of retirement to play behind that offensive line? Maybe he’s just arrogant enough to want to do something that stupid, but that’s idiocy.

• Like (+1) 2

McDaniel/grier have to go down with the ship at this point…I don’t think tyreek is going anywhere 

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Seemed like McDaniel was trying to make sure we didn’t have much time left to do anything if we ended up stopping them while also giving his team a couple shots at the end zone.

it was definitely not the right thing to do as they hurt their td chances a good anount but I could kind of see where he was coming from.  If we added another fg before halftime then with us getting the ball back after halftime the game was pretty much over 

Here is what I don’t get about the Fish.  The Bills dominated their lines on both sides of the ball. The Fish’s issues on the lines aren’t new.  While they have 42 mill in dead cap, they still have 29 mill in cap space.  Can you imagine Beane allowing crappy lines with a fragile QB and 29 mill in cap space.  I can’t.  Football, despite all of Miami’s speed, is won in the trenches and the Bills proved that again last night.  If the Fish ever want to field a truly good team, they need to spend the money and fix the lines.  I’m very thankful for their GM’s incompetence and even more thankful for Beane.

2 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Wouldn’t Miami have to eat a ton of dead space?  Also whoever traded for Tyreek would need to take on a contract for a 30 year-old WR reliant on speed.  

I can’t see anyone making this deal

I don’t think it can be both.

If Miami eats a lot of cap, he isn’t going to cost that much to a new team.

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Zero chance.  If anything they’ll start placing calls to Tom Brady (again).

i imagine that broadcast contract is ironclad as to not have him try to leave for half a season to come back. i also imagine that deal was negotiated tightly enough/stressful, where if he leaves he severs the relationship.  im totally talking out my butt, just a feeling they dont want some wishy washy half in/half out $xxx,xxx,xxx million dollar broadcaster